Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheart™
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:52 pm

I've got a 2 disc version of Seventh Son, only cost £10 too.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:13 pm

bout the same amount i paid for my 2 disc version of TNOTB
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 2:47 pm

I was just reading a bit on No Life Til Metal I was curious on Ult's views on Iron Maiden and I found it interesting to see that he gave the song "Wasted Years" as one of his favs on Somewhere in Time , I Dont have the album yet but Wasted Years Id say is the gateway Maiden song for me I love that song!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:09 pm

SIT is a great album. Many said they sold out by using keys but I don't find them bad at all, they dont' hide the guitars behind them.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Sziget Fest on the way
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:41 pm

the album sounds good so far, its really different... very proggy but more uplifting than AMOLAD
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Album comes out next week!!!! can't wait!!!!!!!!

I have heard it and it is awesome!!!!! Kind of like 7th son meets AMOLAD with "new" territory for Maiden. More thoughts next week when I get the CD and I can listen to it lossless on my system!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Anyone know if the new CD will have any "bonus material" like AMOLAD did (i.e. the bonus DVD) included with it?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Anyone know if the new CD will have any "bonus material" like AMOLAD did (i.e. the bonus DVD) included with it?

Yep, if you get th e"Mission Edition" - here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Frontier-Mission-Iron-Maiden/dp/B003JTHETY/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_lnk

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Best Buy's website lists it as The Final Frontier [Special Edition], but fails to mention what makes it "special".

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:28 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Yep, if you get th e"Mission Edition" - here's a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Frontier-Mission-Iron-Maiden/dp/B003JTHETY/ref=ntt_mus_ep_dpi_lnk

Looks like a fancy metal case, poster and a link to "extras" (videos, backstage footage, game, etc). Doesn't appear to have any bonus tracks, if that's what you're looking for.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:31 pm

BTW - the album is already up on youtube, probably will be taken down soon. Not surprised - I remember the same thing happened with Death Magnetic. I hope the leak doesn't stop people from buying the album next week.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:33 pm

its a good album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Best Buy's website lists it as The Final Frontier [Special Edition], but fails to mention what makes it "special".

Yeah, I saw that on Best Buy's site, and that's where I'm planning to go pick it up on Tuesday (there's a Best Buy 5 minutes from where I work), which is why I asked. Whatever makes it "special," it looks like the Best Buy price will be $9.99, which is 'special' enough by me. Laughing

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Looks like a fancy metal case, poster and a link to "extras" (videos, backstage footage, game, etc). Doesn't appear to have any bonus tracks, if that's what you're looking for.

I was kinda hopin' maybe there'd be a DVD included with that bitchin' sci-fi video for the title track or something. Whatever. Guess I'll just have to be surprised when I go to buy it on Tuesday.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:35 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Funny, the web-page also has a link for "Great Financing Offer", which is great if you're purchasing a major appliance. Not so much for a compact disc.

"Yes, can you tell me what great financing offers you have? I would like to finance the purchase of this $9.99 cd". The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_lol

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:36 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Funny, the web-page also has a link for "Great Financing Offer", which is great if you're purchasing a major appliance. Not so much for a compact disc.

"Yes, can you tell me what great financing offers you have? I would like to finance the purchase of this $9.99 cd". The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_lol

Laughing very hard Might be fun to try that. "Yeah, I really would like to buy this CD, can I finance it?" The store manager would probably give you $10 out of his pocket just to get you the hell out of his store. Laughing

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yeah, I saw that on Best Buy's site, and that's where I'm planning to go pick it up on Tuesday (there's a Best Buy 5 minutes from where I work), which is why I asked. Whatever makes it "special," it looks like the Best Buy price will be $9.99, which is 'special' enough by me. Laughing

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I was kinda hopin' maybe there'd be a DVD included with that bitchin' sci-fi video for the title track or something. Whatever. Guess I'll just have to be surprised when I go to buy it on Tuesday.

Yep, that will be included in the "Mission Edition"! Plus some "making of" stuff.

The album is AWESOME!!!!! Listened to a few times on youtube, need to listen to it on CD to get the full sound. But, it will take a while before I can rank it with the other ones, but once again they have released a winner!

Keith and MG, you two will love it!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
BTW - the album is already up on youtube, probably will be taken down soon. Not surprised - I remember the same thing happened with Death Magnetic. I hope the leak doesn't stop people from buying the album next week.

For Maiden, I don't think that will hurt them too much. While we won't see figures like "10 million albums sold" like the good old days, Maiden's got a loyal and yes, older, fan-base that still buys albums.

Quote :
Keith and MG, you two will love it!

Boy, I certainly hope so!! Other than the first single, I'm avoiding any pre-listening or official reviews. I want to go in fresh without too many pre-concieved ideas. This will be an immediate purchase regardless, but I'm still not overly fond of their last album. I want this one to be good.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:42 pm

There are a couple of songs on here which feature breakdowns that sound like Rush on all the drugs in the world. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 778825
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Fertility mother goddess
Celebration, sow the seeds of the born
The fruits of her body laden
Through the corn doll
You will pray for them all
The image of mother goddess
Lying dormant, in the eyes of the dead
The sheaf of the corn is broken
End the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre!!!!!

ISLE OF AVALON! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 11840
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:47 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

For Maiden, I don't think that will hurt them too much. While we won't see figures like "10 million albums sold" like the good old days, Maiden's got a loyal and yes, older, fan-base that still buys albums.

Yep, but you never know. It would be cool to see Maiden get the # 1 album when the charts come out next week. Heck, if Avenged 7fold can get the number one album with a smaller fan base (like they did last week), hopefully Maiden can get their first US #1 album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:50 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Fertility mother goddess
Celebration, sow the seeds of the born
The fruits of her body laden
Through the corn doll
You will pray for them all
The image of mother goddess
Lying dormant, in the eyes of the dead
The sheaf of the corn is broken
End the harvest, throw the dead on the pyre!!!!!

ISLE OF AVALON! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 11840

Yeah man!!!! Great song!!!!

When The Wild Wind Blows is freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!!! Steve Harris still nows how to write a GREAT epic song!!!!
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:51 pm

for me the highlights are Coming Home and WTWWB. I felt like i lost my virginity again when i heard those.
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 5:18 pm

So far it sounds amazing. Similar to AMOLAD but a bit more of a classic sound. On par with somewhere in time or seventh son, IMO.
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 778825
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:26 am

Oh my goodness, this album is amazing. Easily one of their top 5 albums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next