Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 9:21 am

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
Does anyone think Maiden should re-work / re-record Virtual IX?

The album I think needs to be given a better chance. They've already shown the world how great this material can sound with the current line-up, I mean the Clansman is just amazing and Futureal w/ Bruce is also a good number.

But I think the whole album needs to be reworked - the songs have potential it's just that they seem a little incomplete at times.

No, new material is better than re-recorded material. Maybe they could do some new recordings of the tracks you mentioned, Futureal especially, as b-sides for some singles. But it would be a huge waste of time for them to record the whole album with Bruce.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:20 am

I agree with snooloui.
It would be best for them to concentrate on new material. It would be great if they re-recorded some stuff for singles but that's it.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Addy wrote:
Going to barnes and noble today gonna see if i can find Brave New World or the GH MB Recommended

WOOHOO!!!

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 778825 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 778825 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 778825 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 778825
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:01 pm

INVADERS wrote:
I agree with snooloui.
It would be best for them to concentrate on new material. It would be great if they re-recorded some stuff for singles but that's it.

I pretty much agree too.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Addy wrote:
Going to barnes and noble today gonna see if i can find Brave New World or the GH MB Recommended

WOOHOO!!!

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 778825 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 778825 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 778825 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 778825

Their music section is a joke, they didnt have anything from Iron Maiden, or Kiss, hell they didnt even have the new Hole CD, and I couldnt find any decent books I wanted I was so pissed!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:06 pm

I also think they should concentrate on new material. But they need someone to help "edit" Harris, so every song doesn't end up being 9:30. Shirley isn't doing that, in fact it appears to be moving in the opposite direction.

Would love to hear them work from a fresh perspective.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:07 pm

Quote :
Their music section is a joke, they didnt have anything from Iron Maiden, or Kiss, hell they didnt even have the new Hole CD, and I couldnt find any decent books I wanted I was so pissed!

Oh suck!!!

Yeah, I normally go to Best Buy for cds. They have a really nice little Iron Maiden section there dude. You won't be disappointed.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 438278
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Janick is not really a great guitarist, for Maiden anyway, but he does write a lot of the better songs, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:12 pm

Possible they do have a decent Aerosmith and AC/DC section, I might hit Hastings or Digital Planet (locally owned place) in fact it was the original Digital Planet that had a very nice selection plus its always 3 dollars off the sticker price
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:14 pm

Cool. Hastings has a nice selection. I go there a lot too.

I need to pick up that Metric soon. Heheh.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:15 pm

You'll like it, last time i was at Best Buy they had Metric's Fantasies that album is in my rotation
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 10:15 pm

Unfortunately, I will be going alone to the upcoming MSG show, but the good news is that I'm in section 6!! Wooooo!! I can already tell you there will be a ton of people murdering each other over the new TFF tour shirts, but I already got mine from the Maiden shop...so I'll be sporting one of these. And also, the shirts they'll sell at the venue are different than the ones they sell at the official shop for some reason. Check these two out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-MAIDEN-2010-Final-Frontier-Tour-Shirt-Sizes-S-XXL_W0QQitemZ310212074153QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?var=&hash=item8e0704662c

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Main284
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:43 am

snooloui wrote:
Brave New World was the best, the other two got progressively worse. So the next one will be poop, at least my expectations are low, it might be good!

Have to disagree with you. I think Brave New World has some really good moments, but a lot of meh stuff as well. Dance of Death is even worse imo. A Matter of Life and Death, on the other hand, is a phenomenal record. The only song I don't love is The Legacy.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:32 pm

As far as Iron Maiden's three newest albums, for me it's like this:

1. Dance of Death 9.5/10 (a masterpiece!)

2. Brave New World 8/10 (very good album, but somewhere in the middle of Maiden's catgalogue)

3. A Matter of Life and Death 7.5/10 (I didn't care for this one at first. I like it now, but it took the album 2 years to grow on me. I still consider it towards the bottom of the Iron Maiden catalogue).

But "Dance of Death" will probably always be my favorite Iron Maiden album.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Brave New World will probobly be the first Album I'll get albumwise not cd wise if that makes sense I really liked that song The Wicker Man
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:36 pm

Addy wrote:
Brave New World will probobly be the first Album I'll get albumwise not cd wise if that makes sense I really liked that song The Wicker Man

The Wicker Man is the best song on there.

I wouldn't advise starting with that album, but that's just me.

I'd honestly recommend starting with "Somewhere in Time" or a GH album.

Even though my personal fave is "Dance of Death", but newcomers I don't even think that's the place to start. Usually "Somewhere in Time" really grabs the listener and lets them know the heart and soul of Maiden.

Either that or "Piece of Mind" or "Powerslave".
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:39 pm

Somewhere back in Time is the GH you recommended to me, Ill definitly will check that out in the mean time ill probobly hit youtube give a few from that album a listen, remember i got the most unusual tastes hehe when it comes to music
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Addy wrote:
Somewhere back in Time is the GH you recommended to me, Ill definitly will check that out in the mean time ill probobly hit youtube give a few from that album a listen, remember i got the most unusual tastes hehe when it comes to music

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 201269

Yeah, true.

And don't get me wrong dude .. "Brave New World" is far from Maiden's worse album. You could do much worse. Although I like every Iron Maiden album, a lot of people don't like the first two as much as they were with a different singer. Same with their 10th and 11th albums. Then Bruce came back with their 12th (which is Brave New World) and has been back ever since.

Every Bruce album is good.

Just my little synopsis anyway.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Yeah

course with all this IM talk I got Run to the Hills in my head now ack heh
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:49 pm

Addy wrote:
Yeah

course with all this IM talk I got Run to the Hills in my head now ack heh

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Lol

That song is on "The Number of the Beast", which was their first with Bruce and probably weakest with him as well. Still a good album, I'd also not recommend starting with that one.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 1:53 pm

Hehe

Might end up breaking out some Barren Cross too lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:15 pm

I agree with the the Somewhere In Time recommendation, excellent place to begin.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:05 pm

I find it interesting that theres references to CS Lewis' Sci Fi Trilogy..... on Brave New World (Reading Wiki)
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Been checking this album on youtube so far i find I like

The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Out of the Silent Planet

Didnt care for the title track Ill keep exploring
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 7:17 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
Unfortunately, I will be going alone to the upcoming MSG show, but the good news is that I'm in section 6!! Wooooo!! I can already tell you there will be a ton of people murdering each other over the new TFF tour shirts, but I already got mine from the Maiden shop...so I'll be sporting one of these. And also, the shirts they'll sell at the venue are different than the ones they sell at the official shop for some reason. Check these two out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-MAIDEN-2010-Final-Frontier-Tour-Shirt-Sizes-S-XXL_W0QQitemZ310212074153QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?var=&hash=item8e0704662c

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Main284

Just picked up the one on ebay - at hot topic for 20 bucks!!! And this guy is trying to sell it for $35 - lol!!!

BTW - I will be at the MSG show!!!!!!!!! Fan club meet up at Twins prior to the show!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 14 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next