Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Well hell. This is going to be the first Maiden album I've bought on the release date since Fear Of The Dark....

Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:16 pm

Addy wrote:
Just got Somewhere Back in Time and I dig it for the most part favs include

The Trooper
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills
Wrathchild

Saw it going cheap last night in Kmart for $10 (that's cheap for a new CD in Australia!). Great track list, but for me, they've already released an 80s best of.... Live After Death! Since I have most of their studio albums, it would've been a superfluous purchase for me.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:43 pm

This GH came recommended from MB and we made a deal he'll get a Megadeth GH and I get an Iron Maiden one heh

I liked it enough that i plan to add more to my library
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:50 am

I didn't like El Dorado but I'm liking the title track. It seems like Iron Maiden's going in more of a hard rock direction with their new album. That's completely cool with me considering I'm not that much of a metal fan anymore. I'm looking forward to the album.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:10 am

Addy wrote:
This GH came recommended from MB and we made a deal he'll get a Megadeth GH and I get an Iron Maiden one heh

I liked it enough that i plan to add more to my library

Nice! You'll both be winners in my book.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 11840
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 8:07 am

MEGATRON wrote:
I didn't like El Dorado but I'm liking the title track. It seems like Iron Maiden's going in more of a hard rock direction with their new album. That's completely cool with me considering I'm not that much of a metal fan anymore. I'm looking forward to the album.

I like the sound too.

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:21 am

I still like El Dorado, I think you guys are too picky. lol!
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:22 am

The problem with Maiden nowadays is not the songs themselves, but the crappy production. The songs sound good, but if they sounded more tighter, and didn't have Kevin Shirley's famous muddy quality sound, they would be a lot better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Steve must really like Shirley's production. I don't think it's the greatest but it doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:50 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Steve must really like Shirley's production. I don't think it's the greatest but it doesn't bother me.

me either. I liked the songs I have heard so far so Ill get it.

Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:54 am

And yet another track by track review: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/iron-maiden-the-final-frontier-review-track-by-track-264423.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:34 am

Here's a insight into the Next Metal Hammer issue, looks great

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/metal-hammer-to-release-iron-maidens-first-ever-3d-magazine-cover/

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Maiden3Dcover
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:18 am

hard for me to be very interested in the new one from the stuff I've heard, but right now I'm listening to THE SIIIIIIIIIIIGN OF THE CROOOOSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:20 am

THE NAME OF THE ROOOOOOOOOOOSE

What a perfect album. The only "reunion" album that comes close to The X-Factor is AMoLaD imo. The Unbeliever is a killer song too.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:29 am

Agreed if that one is replaced by 'BNW', most of the stuff on 'AMOLAD' just sounded wayyyy too much like other Maiden stuff for me...and then even some of the stuff which didn't as much like 'Different World' I found irritating....I don't think they pull off that kind of song too well, but yeah..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:39 am

The music to Sign Of The Cross is killer...but the lyrics? That has to be one of the most blatant, cliche-ridden hack jobs...even worse than Quest For Fire.

It's just movie titles strung together.

THE SIGN OF THE CROSS!
THE NAME OF THE ROSE!
THE FIRE IN THE SKY!
THE SIGN OF THE CROSS!

That took about 15 seconds to write.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:39 am

Random Maiden-related question:

Has Paul Di'Anno ever been invited to perform with Maiden since Bruce has been in the band, even just for a song or 2, maybe an encore? Is there still bad blood between Paul and the rest of Maiden?

Just wonderin'

Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Saw these on eBay. They're a two part boxset containing the 2 disc versions of albums released before X Factor. Looking like they could end up being very pricey.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280539496702&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280539499433&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:24 pm

Someone posted the a version of the song "The Final Frontier" with out the sound effects. I am loving this song!!!! Can't wait for the album!!!!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 4:49 pm

OK - so the above song was recorded for XM, hence why it is compressed to hell - I am sure Detuned would notice that right away. I could tell it sounded much more compressed than "El Dorado"
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 1:31 pm

new album samples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EH_Wlr11co

The Talisman = Legacy Pt.2 and gibberish lyrics by Bruce.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:08 am

so no one heard the samples? err
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:04 am

snooloui wrote:
Saw these on eBay. They're a two part boxset containing the 2 disc versions of albums released before X Factor. Looking like they could end up being very pricey.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280539496702&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280539499433&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I'm an avid Maiden collector and I nearly had part one about 10 years ago for a cheaper price of £150 but didn't pick it up. Wish I had though.
Only 2 disc version I have is of TNOTB

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:57 am

snooloui wrote:

Seems that Maiden collectors have too much money... Laughing
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 9:22 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
snooloui wrote:

Seems that Maiden collectors have too much money... Laughing

LOL! I wish!

I'm a maiden collector, and I've hardly got a pot to piss in lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next