Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheart™
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:26 pm

snooloui wrote:
Yes.

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Anyone know if they are going to return after the new cd is out...I missed them in So Cal....

Supposedly next year
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:46 am

That trailer's looking pretty good. I'm usually not a fan of these kind of videos, I prefer 'em like the the non-CGI version of Different World, but oh well. Looking at it i'll probably be a lot better than the CGI version of Different World and Wildest Dreams.
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:41 pm

There's not enough there to make any kind of judgement; but it sure doesn't sound anything like El Dorado, to me.
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:26 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.Net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=142908

Sounds ok but not great. I'll to listen it a few more times before I pass my final judgment...
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:11 pm

average hard rock song
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:25 pm

Yea so far its almost what I was expecting to hear.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 7:55 pm

GREAT video and song!!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Nothing particularly new or original, but pretty good nonetheless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 8:56 pm

cool tune, I'm looking forward to the album.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Video looks killer! It probably cost more than an entire years' worth of SyFy Channel Original movies. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:18 pm

The tune gets a little repetitive towards the end, but overall not a bad song. Looking forward to this release.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Video looks killer! It probably cost more than an entire years' worth of SyFy Channel Original movies. Laughing very hard

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Lol

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 11:59 pm

The video is "okay", the space shots are cool, the Eddie stuff is kinda goofy looking...the shots with the live actor are either green screen or warehouse/power plant kinda set, so probably not that expensive.

I wish they had muted the sound effects once the song starts, it's annoying to hear the effects over top.

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:19 am

The song is good. A lot better than El Dorado imo. The sound effects are annoying as hell though...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:33 am

The song is pretty good.Looking forward to the album.The sound effects over the music are annoying I agree.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:46 am

Has Maiden written one song since they got back together that doesn't repeat the chorus over and over and over and over and over? That gets friggin old.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
The song is good. A lot better than El Dorado imo. The sound effects are annoying as hell though...

I would agree. It is distracting.

snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:29 pm

There's a director's cut of the video on their official channel on Youtube. Problem is, EMI have blocked it in the UK on copyright grounds. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 447763
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:28 pm

I thought the video was great myself.... cool stuff very Aliens/Raiders of the Lost Ark in outer space vibe....

It all sounds like Iron Maiden to me....

Will probably be another good Maiden album...

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 11840
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:04 am

It has grown on me greatly over the past two days. This is a very good sign in regards to the album. I just think it could be a minute or so shorter.

I really like the lyrics. "...i have lived my life to the fuuuullll" is a great hook.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:33 am

Just got Somewhere Back in Time and I dig it for the most part favs include

The Trooper
Wasted Years
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills
Wrathchild

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:56 pm

I was supposed to be seeing them tonight. Sad
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 2:58 pm

Watched the Early Days documentary, was very interesting. Finally bothered to watch it after having it for months.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 12:08 pm

Quote :
IRON MAIDEN The Final Frontier Track-By-Track

Somewhere between the dark and menacing war stories of A Matter Of Life And Death and the prog-tinged melodic bombast of Brave New World, albeit with a vast amount of fresh ideas thrown in for good measure, The Final Frontier is every bit as strong as the last three Maiden albums. The difference between this one and its predecessors is that these songs repeatedly take the Brit metal legends into uncharted territory. This is a demanding album, but one that most Maiden fans are going to absolutely adore…

SATELLITE 15…THE FINAL FRONTIER

Everyone has heard the album’s title track by now, and it’s a straightforward and infectious slab of muscular hard rock that seems destined to open Maiden shows for the foreseeable future…but it’s the first part of this bi-polar album opener that is going to blow fans’ minds. A disorientating maelstrom of swirling distortion, thudding double kicks and bizarre spectral vocals, Satellite 15 is undoubtedly the weirdest thing the band have ever recorded. It’s heavy, it’s left-field and it’s utterly unexpected.

EL DORADO

Opinion seems to be divided about whether El Dorado is simply a solid, straightforward Maiden tune or something genuinely special. In fact, it’s a bit of both; a bold and boisterous seven-minute epic with an infectious chorus and a few deftly-executed twists and turns, all custom-built to go down an absolute storm live.

MOTHER OF MERCY

A dark and menacing song that could easily have been on A Matter Of Life And Death, this is one of those archetypal horrors-of-war anthems that Maiden do so well. It starts with a faintly proggy intro – a whiff of Steve Harris’ beloved Jethro Tull, perhaps – before morphing into a brooding, slow-motion gallop, not a million miles from Stranger In A Strange Land (from Somewhere In Time), but with a much more sinister overall vibe. “Sick of all the killing and the reek of death…” sings Bruce at one point.

COMING HOME

A bombastic, lighters-in-the-air ballad with a difference, Coming Home marries a giant, sing-along chorus to some subtly progressive riffs and a typically adventurous arrangement. Undeniably sentimental, this is plainly Bruce Dickinson’s song, as he sings about returning home and seeing the lights on the runway as his plane descends to Earth. Not many bands could pull this off without setting off the cheese alarm. Maiden do it brilliantly. A live classic in the making.

THE ALCHEMIST

Arguably the most old fashioned song on the album, this punchy four-minute burst of speed, energy and irresistible Lizzy-esque lead guitar harmonies would have fit neatly onto Fear Of The Dark and nimbly ticks all the necessary boxes to please the die-hards. Interestingly, this has the same title as a song from Bruce Dickinson’s classic solo album Chemical Wedding. The two songs are utterly dissimilar, however.

ISLE OF AVALON

Possibly the finest thing on The Final Frontier and certainly one of the strongest songs Maiden have produced in years, Isle Of Avalon takes the band into unfamiliar melodic territory, with a few unconventional time signatures and proggy detours adding to the intense freshness that pervades throughout its nine minute duration, and a simply enormous chorus that will surely translate extremely well live. There’s a vague hint of Paschendale (from 2003’s Dance Of Death) and a nod or two to Maiden’s Somewhere In Time album here.

STARBLIND

Another song that is full of surprises, despite Maiden’s unmistakable sound, this is another epic that brims with great riffs, melodies and subtle textural touches. Almost psychedelic in places, Starblind has a genuinely otherworldly feel, particularly during its intricate midsection which boasts a phenomenal bluesy lead break over some sumptuous, mellow guitar work from the Three Amigos.

THE TALISMAN

Another song that would have fit on A Matter Of Life And Death, The Talisman is dark and complex, but it also flows beautifully, spreading out from its folky intro into a powerful main verse riff and a seriously explosive chorus with Bruce bellowing at the top of his not inconsiderable lungs. Despite being nine minutes long, this one whizzes by in what seems like half that time.

THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING

An eerie, unsettling intro leads into some crushing, doomy chords before this sprawling epic switches direction and heads into a superbly catchy and muscular verse riff and another big chorus. Like many songs on The Final Frontier, The Man Who Would Be King seldom does exactly what you would expect, and yet it all makes perfect sense by the time its rambling, harmony-packed intro fades gently away…

WHEN THE WILD WIND BLOWS

Based on author Raymond Briggs’ grim post-nuclear fallout graphic novel (When The Wind Blows), the final track on Maiden’s 15th album is every bit as bleak and unnerving as its subject matter would seem to demand, and yet this is as musically fascinating and lyrically brave as anything the band have recorded. Densely-layered and uncompromising, this one will take a few listens to sink in, but there is an insane amount of atmosphere and countless inspired melodic touches on display here. A stunning finale.

Words: Dom Lawson

Source: http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/iron-maiden-the-final-frontier-review/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next