Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:22 pm

Well, it would appear to me that since they just completed an "all classic song" tour the last time around where they couldn't play any of their newer material...they've just decided to focus this particular tour on the new stuff.

They could cut a few of the newer tracks out for a better balance, but they don't want to become an oldies act, so I admire their guts in keeping current.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:25 pm

yeah, i agree with you, detuned.

but seriously, when will we get to hear stuff like Infinite Dreams, Sea of Madness, To Tame A Land again? Amazing songs that Maiden have forgotten how to play probably.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:25 am

ZetaReticuli wrote:

wicker man
ghost of navigator
1000 suns
el dorado
paschendale
benjamin breeg
colors dont run
blood brothers
wildest dreams
no more lies
brave new world
fear of the dark
iron maiden
number of beast
hallowed
running free..

If this is actually the setlist, I think it would definately put a smile on my face. If they are putting running free back, that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:39 am

Instead of Wildest Dream they should play Montsegur! Cool that Paschendale is back. It is a great song!

Last edited by tul on Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:41 am

Looking at the setlist...they should pull Fear Of The Dark since that was featured on the previous tour (and frankly is pretty damn tired sounding)...and replace that with something else from the catalog that hasn't been played in ages. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, Caught Somewhere In Time, The Prisoner...something like that.

Hallowed is in dire need of being replaced as well.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:55 am

I will also say that I am happy that there is NO Trooper on this tour. I am one of those guys who has seen them play this every time I caught them live since 1983. I realize that if you are catching them for the first time, you would like to hear some of the older classic stuff, but this is an awesome post 2000 (for the most part) collection of tunes.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 4:17 am

The new song is a good rocker, but damn, is it me or is Janick's solo absolutely horrendous?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:30 am

New song sounds pretty good.

I would rather they used Eddie instead of that corny alien thing for the cover art.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 7:02 am

i think all the solos in the song are pretty decent especially dave murrays solo.
- i think it's kinda cool that they're are focus more on the later songs but it would've been better to have more songs from NPFTD, FOTD, the x factor and virtual XI.

would be cool to here mother russia, the fugitive or judas be my guide live and would've been awesome to here bruce wailing on Fortunes Of War, The unbeliever and Lightening strikes twice or The educated fool.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:15 am

GREAT set list!!!!!! I wish they would have done Phantom like they did on the third leg of the Somewhere back in time tour. Instead of Wildest Dreams, I would have preferred Rainmaker. I wish they had replaced 'Fear' with "for the greater good of God", "Lord Of Light" or "The Legacy". Can't wait to see the show 1 week from tomorrow headbanger

We'll need Dallas Black's full report since he was at the show last night. Saw some pics of the stage - looks pretty cool!

I am loving the new song! I have no complaints about the solo. People just love to smurfette about Jannick because replaced Adrian. But, on the newer material I think he fits perfectly and has written some great songs for the post-reunion albums.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:21 am

Troublezone wrote:

I would rather they used Eddie instead of that corny alien thing for the cover art.

The corny alien thing IS Eddie. Look closely.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:23 am

That album cover KICKS!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

And it ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Clip from the show last night:

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:39 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

it looks a lot like the thing from Mars Attacks!

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:41 pm

I think it kills. They've done weird things with eddie before.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 1:08 pm

I like the new song good enough. I'm looking forward to the whole album.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 5:30 pm

I know it's old hat for you guys, but I've never seen Maiden live so I'm kinda disappointed with the set list. I understand the logic behind not doing another "oldies" setlist but I would like to see 'Run to the Hills', 'The Trooper' and 'The Prisoner' there. Also would love to hear 'Seventh Son of a Seventh Son' and 'Powerslave'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:08 pm

They'll probably vary up the encore a bit, extend it if it's a particularly good show.

Maiden's stage show is so precise with all the effects that there's not much room to maneuver during the main part of the show, it's choreographed down to the second would be my guess. But often bands will give themselves a little room to stretch out during the encore section.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:42 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Boring crap!

Another snoozer from a band decades past it's prime.

Leave it to ToB to be his old grumpy self and crash the party.

I totally disagree with you - Maiden has released some of the BEST music of their career since Bruce and Adrian returned. And they are not past their prime. Older, yes, more mature, yes. Still kicking a$$? Hell yes!!!!!! The band plays better and tighter live these days. Bruce at 50 has more energy on stage than most of the young bands out there.

I listened to the song a few more times and I am lovin it!!!!! Production is GREAT on this song! Can't wait to hear the WHOLE album!!!!!

I agree with both points....

Three spins and I was hooked on this tune.... Typical Maiden with a great melody... What is it supposed to sound like??? Killswitch Engage?????

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 506406
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:03 pm

setlist is good.
stage is same i am tired of their same stage every tour.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Honestly, I was expecting a MUCH MUCH better and LONGER setlist... I think Maiden are just getting tired, really. I'm gonna sell my ticket to the MSG show, unfortunately. I've seen them 3 times already... and this time, it just ain't worth it.
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:21 am

The new song rocks!

I'll be getting this on release day.
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:23 am

James B. wrote:
ryanmetalman wrote:
James B. wrote:
Hey man, Bruce really sounds like that singer from Barren Cross on the new song.

I always thought of that as being the other way around, but I digress.

I dig El Dorado, and I even like the artwork for the single, and the album. I am excited about the new record.

I was trying for humor, that's all. It sucks when you have to explain that.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_redface
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:16 pm

Looks like they are changing the set list - last night was:

The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
Wrathchild
El Dorado
Dance Of Death
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
These Colours Don't Run
Blood Brothers
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
Encore:
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:25 pm

but dont change the stage. same shi* stage every tour.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next