Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:34 pm

Yeah, I'm with ToB. This song is boring. And the production is poop.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:12 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I think it's a great song. Was anyone else thinking cowboy theme with the bass line at the 30 second mark?

I was thinking more along the lines of Barracuda
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:55 pm

The mix does indeed suck but given that it's a download, I'll reserve harsh judgment until I listen to the CD.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:00 pm

I like the song, but Bruce sounds kind of dull in the vast majority of it. But I think the music rules even if the intro does sound like a Barracuda rip-off (tribute lick maybe?). I also hope the mix/production...whatever....is cleaner and clearer in the final product though. Maiden's "dry" sound on the last album or two have left me feeling a little cold.

I LOVE the single artwork. The artist totally nailed the look of that one.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Very good song!

And the cover art is quite good. Very 80's speed metal syle The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 11840
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

Number of posts : 752

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:44 pm

This song is not too bad but the problem is the production and Bruce's king of lackluster and almost un-inspired performance. He sounds like is downright bored to do this. The riffs themselves are good and heavy but it does not work so well as a song.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:20 pm

I've been finding Iron Maiden last few releases a tad boring as well. Songs weren't too bad but they seemed overlong and wandered aimlessly.I'd lose interest in them quickly. I see alot of the songs on Final Frontier appear to be in that vein as well. Oh well,I'll still get it but not as a new release.

As for the song,it's okay but nothing that knocked my socks off.Call me mildy intrigued by Final Frontier.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:48 pm

007 wrote:
I've been finding Iron Maiden last few releases a tad boring as well. Songs weren't too bad but they seemed overlong and wandered aimlessly.I'd lose interest in them quickly. I see alot of the songs on Final Frontier appear to be in that vein as well. Oh well,I'll still get it but not as a new release.

As for the song,it's okay but nothing that knocked my socks off.Call me mildy intrigued by Final Frontier.

That's true. The last releases were not too attractive.

What we need is another Powerslave.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:55 pm

I think waiting for another Powerslave is really not a option. Maiden are not going that path obviously. Either they are shooting for the prog factor (as evidenced by AMOLAD) or have some serious riff changes because the lenght of the songs on The Final Frontier is quite staggering.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Zdan wrote:
I think waiting for another Powerslave is really not a option. Maiden are not going that path obviously.

Understatement of the year.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Zdan wrote:
I think waiting for another Powerslave is really not a option. Maiden are not going that path obviously.

Totally correct. I doubt i'll hear a fast track on this album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:17 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Zdan wrote:

Wise course of action considering it's been 26 years since Powerslave.
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:21 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Zdan wrote:

I may be wrong though. I hope at least one track on the album is a fast ripper like say "Aces High".
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:52 pm

ryanmetalman wrote:
James B. wrote:
Hey man, Bruce really sounds like that singer from Barren Cross on the new song.

I always thought of that as being the other way around, but I digress.

I dig El Dorado, and I even like the artwork for the single, and the album. I am excited about the new record.

I was trying for humor, that's all. It sucks when you have to explain that.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:16 pm

I would rather have another 'Seventh Son' than Fillerslave. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Lol
Back to top Go down
Zdan
Metal master
Metal master
Zdan

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I would rather have another 'Seventh Son' than Fillerslave. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Lol

This probably ain't happening either. My guess would be another AMOLAD or maybe Somwhere In Time.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:29 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Just as long as we don't get a 'Filler of Death'.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:46 pm

Iron Maiden is a band that doesn't release the same album twice, well except for the crappy Blaze albums. If you don't like it, don't listen. I can't wait for the new album and the shows I will see on this leg of the tour!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:56 pm

I dig it, good song.

I'm not going to make the mistake of judging mix or production from a youtube audio sample however, so I'll hold any judgement till I hear a lossless version.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:38 pm

I thought the song was kick ass I like it enough to want the new album

Also

<------- AWESOME Album Cover

Very Sci Fi feel to it
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:48 pm

I downloaded the song from Maiden's website. One thing is for certain, the production is WAY better than AMOLAD, I did a quick comparison between the sound of the two and this new track just has more "oomph" to it all the way around. By comparison, AMOLAD sounds like it's in mono.

Bruce sounds great on here, he's using a comfortable mid range instead of just singing in his upper register on the last album...that got annoying after awhile, so hopefully there will be more songs with this vocal style.

Kickin' main riff too!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:06 pm

Quote :
I'm not the biggest Maiden fan out there

I would've never guessed...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:02 pm

I am still diggin the song.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:47 pm

AWESOME song!!! Lovin' it!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:18 pm

wow, their new setlist sucks, in my opinion. what the hell is this..

wicker man
ghost of navigator
1000 suns
el dorado
paschendale
benjamin breeg
colors dont run
blood brothers
wildest dreams
no more lies
brave new world
fear of the dark
iron maiden
number of beast
hallowed
running free..

mehhh

Last edited by ZetaReticuli on Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next