Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Does anyone here use this site (or run it The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Lol ) http://www.maidencollector.com/ ? If not you're missing out, really useful when looking for/buying scarce stuff on eBay and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 9:59 pm

snooloui wrote:
Does anyone here use this site (or run it The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Lol ) http://www.maidencollector.com/ ? If not you're missing out, really useful when looking for/buying scarce stuff on eBay and stuff like that.

Seen it - pretty cool site
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:02 pm

I'll have to check it out....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 2:08 pm

New shirt for sale! But this one is a bit different than the one on the official IM site. http://cgi.ebay.com/IRON-MAIDEN-2010-Final-Frontier-Tour-Shirt-Sizes-S-XXL_W0QQitemZ310212074153QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?var=&hash=item8e0704662c
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 2:58 pm

I have the X Factor singles boxset for sale if anyone's interested don't know if it's priced a bit high as it doesn't seem to have much interest so far:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270562467668&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

(I'm desperate to sell it) The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Lol
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:06 pm

DAAAAAAAAAMN! That's a lot you're asking for, lol. In US dollars, anyway. That cover of Virus looks similar to Nevermore's This Godless Endeavor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:06 pm

snooloui wrote:
I have the X Factor singles boxset for sale if anyone's interested don't know if it's priced a bit high as it doesn't seem to have much interest so far:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270562467668&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Just a guess, but I'd say £60 is a bit steep, but what the hell do I know? Wink
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:16 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
snooloui wrote:

Just a guess, but I'd say £60 is a bit steep, but what the hell do I know? Wink

Well I bought it for around £40, but the last one I saw went for over £100, so in the condition its in, I thought it was fair. Maybe I should lower the price.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 3:27 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
snooloui wrote:

Just a guess, but I'd say £60 is a bit steep, but what the hell do I know? The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_wink

That's about $93 US dollars for all of you out there wonderin'. I know I was.

www.xe.com

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 11:59 pm

Now, here's what I just don't get http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=138517
Back to top Go down
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:25 pm

The X-Factor has some of their best b-sides ever. How songs like Justice Of The Peace, I Live My Way and Judgement Day were not included is a big omission.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:28 am

The closest show to me was a four hour drive north and not a reality; but with an added show just 90 minutes southwest announced, I now have two second tier tickets. headbanger

If memory serves me correctly, this is the 7th time will I have seen them since 1982.
Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:23 pm

I have loved this band since I was a little kid, but I really wish they would do just one more album like the first two before they're gone. I have pretty much enjoyed everything since Brave New World, although I do think they're starting to overdo the whole orchestration thing.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 11:47 pm

GrimBeornTheOld wrote:
I have loved this band since I was a little kid, but I really wish they would do just one more album like the first two before they're gone. I have pretty much enjoyed everything since Brave New World, although I do think they're starting to overdo the whole orchestration thing.

I am sure that most would love to hear the hunger and aggression of the early Maiden releases, but the gents who made those albums are 30 years on and by all means, not in the same headspace they were in there.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:04 am

GIVE ME THE STRENGTH TO HOLD MY HEAD UP AND SPIT BACK IN THEIR FACE!
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:13 pm

7thSaviour wrote:
GIVE ME THE STRENGTH TO HOLD MY HEAD UP AND SPIT BACK IN THEIR FACE!

DON'T NEED NO KEY TO UNLOCK THESE LEGS, GONNA TAKE A HUGE BUST, AND WASH YOU AWAAAYY!
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:16 pm

This new album is gonna be a lot more progressive than the previous ones, I'm guessing. Steve commented on it, saying something like, ''this is the kind of music i always wanted to hear, i would go out and buy it, etc.'' ...i think the exact quote is somewhere on here, I'm not sure. Also, they chose Dream Theater as an opener, so this may be a hint. 8 songs, 79 minutes long. Steve's long moody intros, janick's sloppy solos, 4 songs about war, 2 about the meaning of life, nicko not writing anything, kevin shirley's lame muddy production.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 pm

One thing Kevin Shirley's production/mixing is not is "muddy"...if anything, it's raw and dry.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:35 pm

I actually like Kevin Shirley's production!
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:12 pm

yeah it's raw and muddy. I wish it was more polished and clear. I just can't listen to it... it almost feels like there is a cloud over the songs or something
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:42 pm

manny wrote:

I agree! Especially on AMOLAD and BNW!!!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:27 pm

manny wrote:

He's the best producer they have ever had IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:14 pm

Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:

Yikes. One of the primary reasons I have a hard time getting into their 3 most recent albums is the production (especially Dance With Death). It just sounds thin and shrill to my ears. I still like the music, but I think it would be better served with a different set of ears behind the mixing board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 11:24 pm

I haven't hated the production but it does have a dryness to it. I wouldn't mind if they tried someone else.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:40 am

detuned wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
manny wrote:

Yikes. One of the primary reasons I have a hard time getting into their 3 most recent albums is the production (especially Dance With Death). It just sounds thin and shrill to my ears. I still like the music, but I think it would be better served with a different set of ears behind the mixing board.

I was referring to his work on BNW... I still don't have the DOD album. I liked his work on the last album i just thought the material was a bit drawn out and overdone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next