Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Hey, at least I have actual seats and I'm under the pavilion, so it's all good. I hate sitting in the lawn. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_razz Too many drunks, people stepping on your stuff... There's a little bit of order when you have an assigned seat.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Hey, at least I have actual seats and I'm under the pavilion, so it's all good. I hate sitting in the lawn. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_razz Too many drunks, people stepping on your stuff... There's a little bit of order when you have an assigned seat.

Yeah, it's all good. Lawn seats are even okay sometimes.

It sorta depends on the band for me. Some bands I don't mind watching from afar.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 11:41 am

anyhoo goin to Udine, Italy ?
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Got my tickets! Woohoo!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:25 pm

sheets wrote:
Got my tickets! Woohoo!

Sweet!!! Which show are you going to?
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:29 pm

At Jiffy Lube (I feel weird typing that, like the show is being held where I get my oil changes).
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:01 pm

sheets wrote:
At Jiffy Lube (I feel weird typing that, like the show is being held where I get my oil changes).

Awesome!!! I will be at that show!!!!!!!!!

FYI - we are doing a fan club meet up at Hard Times before the show if you want to come out! Did you get PIT tix?
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:10 pm

Cool! Nah, we didn't get the PIT. We're going to be sitting in the sections right behind it. I think just to the right of the stage...? I'm just glad to be going since it'll be my first time seeing Maiden in concert Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 12:39 pm

A co-worker just sent me a link to Ticketmaster for the PNC Bank Arts Center show... $90 plus convenience charge? Yikes. No thanx, too rich for my blood right now...

I just saw'em summer before last at PNC, so at least I have my memories. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_lol

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
A co-worker just sent me a link to Ticketmaster for the PNC Bank Arts Center show... $90 plus convenience charge? Yikes. No thanx, too rich for my blood right now...

I just saw'em summer before last at PNC, so at least I have my memories. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_lol

Yeah, a little pricey for good seats, unless you want the lawn seats for 25 bucks
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 1:42 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Yeah, a little pricey for good seats, unless you want the lawn seats for 25 bucks

Screw that. I'm too old and cranky for the lawn section... and besides, God forbid it rains (like it did the LAST time I saw Maiden), you're totally screwed then... when I saw Maiden there in '08 we walked out of the venue thru the lawn and it was a giant mud pit. We were stepping over trashed lawn chairs, picnic coolers, etc. What a mess!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 5:17 pm

I got Lawn seats for the San Bernardino show and it don't bother me whatsoever. I've seen Maiden 7 times so far and 4 of them have been lawn seats. The view is amazing! Plus when they play either Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner or 2 Minutes to Midnight, the beer stands are close by and I can get beer faster!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Lurideath wrote:
I got Lawn seats for the San Bernardino show and it don't bother me whatsoever. I've seen Maiden 7 times so far and 4 of them have been lawn seats. The view is amazing! Plus when they play either Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner or 2 Minutes to Midnight, the beer stands are close by and I can get beer faster!

LOL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 9:42 am

I'm with Freddy. I won't do the lawn seats anymore. I did it a few times in the past and it was like I was miles from the stage. I watched the video screens more than the live show.

And the last time I had lawn seats was for OzzFest years ago. It was still daylight and not completely filled, but some chick dropped trou right there and peed. I vowed to never do 2 things that day. 1. Never attend another OzzFest and 2. never get lawn seats again.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 6:57 pm

This will be my fourth time going to DTE Energy Theater in Detroit (technically Clarkston). The whole place seats about 15,000 and no matter how far back you are, the view really isn't too bad. But like I said earlier, I like the "order" of having an assigned seat and the limited personal space it affords you and I like the option of being able to sit comfortably as opposed to practically being forced to stand the whole time in the lawn.

The first time I went there, it seemed like the whole lawn crowd kept moving to the right. We kept having to walk back over to our blanket and never even realized we had been moving! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 8:47 pm

Lurideath wrote:

I will be at that show!!!! We'll have to grab a beer!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Do you think they play ROTAM?? something tells me they won't Sad Sad
Anyway, you have to be very fast to get your beers if they don't Very Happy
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:13 pm

Just got my tickets for the Cleveland show. This pairing is about the closest thing to metal heaven for me! Taking my two sons along! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 11840
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm with Freddy. I won't do the lawn seats anymore. I did it a few times in the past and it was like I was miles from the stage. I watched the video screens more than the live show.

And the last time I had lawn seats was for OzzFest years ago. It was still daylight and not completely filled, but some chick dropped trou right there and peed. I vowed to never do 2 things that day. 1. Never attend another OzzFest and 2. never get lawn seats again.

Laughing very hard
I've only had lawn seats once at the PNC Bank Arts Center (it was still known simply as the "Garden State Arts Center" at the time) -- when I saw Whitesnake/Great White there in '88, and it rained for the entire show. I didn't mind so much back then, in fact I thought it was hilarious, cuz I was 18 at the time and full of beer (not to mention, due to the weather the lawn section was full of big haired '80s metal hottie chicks bouncing around in soaking wet t-shirts).

Nowadays if I were seated on the lawn and it started to pour like that I'd probably say "screw this, I'll meet you guys back at the car."

Getting old sucks.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Sleep The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 251456

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard
I've only had lawn seats once at the PNC Bank Arts Center (it was still known simply as the "Garden State Arts Center" at the time) -- when I saw Whitesnake/Great White there in '88, and it rained for the entire show. I didn't mind so much back then, in fact I thought it was hilarious, cuz I was 18 at the time and full of beer (not to mention, due to the weather the lawn section was full of big haired '80s metal hottie chicks bouncing around in soaking wet t-shirts).

Nowadays if I were seated on the lawn and it started to pour like that I'd probably say "screw this, I'll meet you guys back at the car."

Getting old sucks.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Sleep The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 251456

Do it - get the lawn tix!!!! Just do it!!!! You can go listen from your car if it rains!!!! Plus, what are the chances 2 Maiden PNC shows in a row will get rain?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2010 2:39 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Do it - get the lawn tix!!!! Just do it!!!! You can go listen from your car if it rains!!!! Plus, what are the chances 2 Maiden PNC shows in a row will get rain?

I've been to the Arts Center six or seven times over the years and if memory serves, at least three of the shows were marred by rain. So I'd say that the odds are probably pretty good actually Laughing

I ain't got the scratch for it this time around anyway, lawn seats or otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:14 pm

I was just cranking "The Number of the Beast" this morning!

What a great album!!!

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 11840
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 11:44 am

It's got some filler though... and the chorus to Invaders is horrible. Just horrible.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6379

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 4:12 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
It's got some filler though... and the chorus to Invaders is horrible. Just horrible.
Not horrible. Besides, the verses more than make up for it.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Lari wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
Not horrible. Besides, the verses more than make up for it.
Oh yeah, the verses are good. The chorus is still horrible though. That little major scale lead makes me cringe every time I listen to it. Yuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next