Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Addy wrote:
Been checking this album on youtube so far i find I like

The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Out of the Silent Planet

Didnt care for the title track Ill keep exploring

Yep, The Wicker Man is a top track. Best song since Bruce rejoined. As for the best place to start, I'd say Number of the Beast. Songs like 22 Acacia Avenue and the Prisoner are top tunes as are the more well known tracks.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Addy wrote:

The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Out of the Silent Planet

Thing is, if you do get "Brave New World" and like it - chances are you will love most of their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:29 pm

snooloui wrote:
Addy wrote:

The Wicker Man
Ghost of the Navigator
Out of the Silent Planet

Yep, The Wicker Man is a top track. Best song since Bruce rejoined. As for the best place to start, I'd say Number of the Beast. Songs like 22 Acacia Avenue and the Prisoner are top tunes as are the more well known tracks.

"The Number of the Beast" is a good album. I really like it.

But I've known Addy online for about 7 years now, and have come to know quite a bit of his tastes. I think that album might actually turn Addy off to Iron Maiden. After all, he's not a fan of the one hit from the album (Run to the Hills).

Perhaps if you were talking to someone else who had more of a 'traditional metal' taste, "The Number of the Beast" would be a perfect place to start.

I'm thinking Addy will like "Somewhere in Time" for it's genius.

And if he's looking for a comp, "Somewhere Back in Time" really covers the highlights of their 80s career.

But for studio albums and for Addy specifically, I'd say:

1. Somewhere in Time
2. Powerslave
3. 7th Son of a 7th Son (this one is probably closest to that BC sound he likes The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_wink )
4. Piece of Mind
5. Dance of Death
6. No Prayer for the Dying

that would be the top 6 I'd recommend. In other words, you can't go wrong with any of these.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 438278
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:32 pm

I think he would like the early stuff, the first two..; 'Somewhere in Time' is too layered and has more of the lush futurist, almost prog sound, same with 'Seventh Son' and 'BNW' to a certain scale....Me, I think some of the best stuff of the band is on those....it's the most successful phase of the different experiments they've done with their sound. Not for everyone, though, of course.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:36 pm

also, ya'll who don't think the 'BNW' title track is amazing - The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 19976
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I think he would like the early stuff, the first two..; 'Somewhere in Time' is too layered and has more of the lush futurist, almost prog sound, same with 'Seventh Son' and 'BNW' to a certain scale....Me, I think some of the best stuff of the band is on those....it's the most successful phase of the different experiments they've done with their sound. Not for everyone, though, of course.

I love the stuff they did from "Somewhere in Time" all the way to "No Prayer for the Dying". That is their golden era to me.

Then a bit of that was unleashed on "Brave New World" and it was culminated in "Dance of Death".

So I like that 'layered', more 'prog' stuff myself.

Also, I think Addy would be on board with that stuff.

Though to the typical 'metal head', the recommendatios would be:

Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Killers
Iron Maiden

But Addy is not a typical metal head, actually he is not a metal head at all. So for him - I'd not recommend the typicals.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:17 pm

I just figured that those ones would sound too close to more proggy or power stuff which I know he tends to not like. 'Number' is sort of the album that the usual metalheads like and then the elitist metalheads begrudgingly admit to liking because although it's popular it does fit squarely into classic NWOBHM while not being QUITE as good as Satan or Cloven Hoof, but 'Killers' everybody agrees on. Except me. I don't like much Di'Anno in my lead vocals. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Lol But good songs.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 10:22 pm

Wow my head is spinning so many places to start

I gotta say wow i didnt get this many suggestions with Kiss Smile

I have odd tastes, ask Exact, or MB or Criss they'll all vouch for that hehe I dont even have it all figured out yet but ill take all these suggestions into consideration. Ill probobly hit Youtube and give some songs a listen and go from there
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
I just figured that those ones would sound too close to more proggy or power stuff which I know he tends to not like. 'Number' is sort of the album that the usual metalheads like and then the elitist metalheads begrudgingly admit to liking because although it's popular it does fit squarely into classic NWOBHM while not being QUITE as good as Satan or Cloven Hoof, but 'Killers' everybody agrees on. Except me. I don't like much Di'Anno in my lead vocals. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Lol But good songs.

I don't care for Paul DiAnno either. Those first two albums are my two least favorite of the whole Iron Maiden catalogue. Way too punk oriented.

I like the more power driven stuff with Bruce.

Here's how I'd rate the two DiAnno albums:

1. Iron Maiden 8/10 (I like this one actually)

2. Killers 7/10 (a few good songs make it redeemable, but overall has too much filler)
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:37 pm

I still need to get the Blaze stuff. Need to fill out the holes in my IM collection.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I still need to get the Blaze stuff. Need to fill out the holes in my IM collection.

Some good songs on those. Not a fan of his vocals, but Futureal is a great track.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Blaze has a horrible voice. Seriously, why did Maiden chose this guy? How could they?!
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:51 pm

I thought the specific dramatic timbre he possesses fit them perfectly. They just didn't need to get a straight baritone like he is. Having said that, he does sound nerve-wracked on many tracks. His solo stuff is very good, however. He's a great singer.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Doogie White should've been Bruce's replacement.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:14 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

I don't care for Paul DiAnno either. Those first two albums are my two least favorite of the whole Iron Maiden catalogue. Way too punk oriented.

I like the more power driven stuff with Bruce.

Here's how I'd rate the two DiAnno albums:

1. Iron Maiden 8/10 (I like this one actually)

2. Killers 7/10 (a few good songs make it redeemable, but overall has too much filler)

To be completely honest, I don't think the Di'Anno stuff have a shred of punk in them. To me, it sounds like a mixture of Priest, Thin Lizzy, UFO and In Rock/Machine Head-era Deep Purple.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:30 pm

snooloui wrote:
Doogie White should've been Bruce's replacement.

Nah... they should have gone with the number two, Russ North of Cloven Hoof. Although I like Blaze, Russ is one of the best singers in metal... period. My dream would've been if they had recruited John Arch (I'm of the opinion that that guy should simply sing on everything). Imagine Sign of the Cross with him wailing over it. Just thinking about it makes me drool, haha.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:41 pm

Arch would not have sounded good in Maiden. The thought of Arch on 'Sign of the Cross' makes me cringe. I prefer thinking of Arch on 'Fata Morgana' and 'Epitaph'.

I can think of say, Tony Martin on 'Sign of the Cross'... oh, here's one, even though it has the potential to be a disaster as well..Messiah Marcolin?
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:45 pm

I like stuff he did with Rainbow and he did some pretty decent Maiden covers too.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Nah, I think Messiah would've been too much so to say. Johan Langquist would've been great. His voice on Epicus is perfect for the dark, epic stuff, and with Jonah Quizz he also showed that he was great at old fashioned no frills heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:50 pm

His vibrato is great but the slight almost-lisp-thing that sometimes shows itself wouldn't have worked... I don't know, I have this certain voice in mind for the Blaze era albums, which is basically Blaze-ish but not awkward.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Yay? Nay?

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 30905_389715750282_345072020282_4557506_2268983_n
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:33 pm

WIN
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Spec wrote:
Yay? Nay?

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 30905_389715750282_345072020282_4557506_2268983_n

It's cool, but it was made by a fan club member. The first clue is the new studio albums with Bruce have the short font as opposed to the long font:

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 61c2j612

And it is used on the new stuff:

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Shop_a10

The long font is used on the greatest hits releases now:
The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 51q6ce10
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:52 pm

whatever, that's the one that's going on the Zune. The official art will probably suck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:57 pm

I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 15 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next