Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
Lari wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
It's got some filler though... and the chorus to Invaders is horrible. Just horrible.
Not horrible. Besides, the verses more than make up for it.
Oh yeah, the verses are good. The chorus is still horrible though. That little major scale lead makes me cringe every time I listen to it. Yuck.

I disagree - AWESOME song!!!! I still think that one sounds like something written for "Killers"
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:36 pm

Y'all are insane in the membrane, "Invaders" kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:58 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
Lari wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
It's got some filler though... and the chorus to Invaders is horrible. Just horrible.
Not horrible. Besides, the verses more than make up for it.
Oh yeah, the verses are good. The chorus is still horrible though. That little major scale lead makes me cringe every time I listen to it. Yuck.

I disagree - AWESOME song!!!! I still think that one sounds like something written for "Killers"

I agree on both counts!

Schbopo wrote:

Here here. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 438278
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 9:02 am

Live After Death.

I put the DVD in the other day. I've come to the realization that as long as I only "hear" that concert I enjoy it...

...but watching the video?

I overdosed on striped spandex (the band looks like a heavy metal workout video), feather masks and all...left me with a serious case of the giggles.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:13 am

Absolutely true Maiden related story:

Every time I wear my Iron Maiden SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME tour shirt, my two and a half year old son will point to the pic of Eddie on the front and say "Who dat guy, Daddy?" I tell him "That's EDDIE." He will then ask me over and over again throughout the day, "Who dat, Daddy? Who dat?"
...so yesterday, I finally got tired of answering the same question over and over so when he asked "Who dat?" for the 50th time I sez "Come on, you KNOW who that guy is, I've told you dozens of times today. Is his name Sherlock?" My son sez "No." I go "Is his name Tralfaz?" He sez "Nope." I sez, "Is his name Englebert?" My son sez "no." Finally I sez, "So what's that guy's name?" and he finally yelled back "EDDIE!" all trimumphant like.

It was so freakin' cute. I high-fived him and everything.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:24 am

Nice. I did hate that, ask everything 100 times, stage.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 4:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Absolutely true Maiden related story:

Every time I wear my Iron Maiden SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME tour shirt, my two and a half year old son will point to the pic of Eddie on the front and say "Who dat guy, Daddy?" I tell him "That's EDDIE." He will then ask me over and over again throughout the day, "Who dat, Daddy? Who dat?"
...so yesterday, I finally got tired of answering the same question over and over so when he asked "Who dat?" for the 50th time I sez "Come on, you KNOW who that guy is, I've told you dozens of times today. Is his name Sherlock?" My son sez "No." I go "Is his name Tralfaz?" He sez "Nope." I sez, "Is his name Englebert?" My son sez "no." Finally I sez, "So what's that guy's name?" and he finally yelled back "EDDIE!" all trimumphant like.

It was so freakin' cute. I high-fived him and everything.

Kids are awesome! Sounds like my son. He does stuff like that too.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 438278

My son is 4 and 1/2, so he's a little older.

He's now at the stage of picking favorite bands.

Metal Church is his 'new' favorite.

up til now it's been Dio.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:49 am

I've been on a non-stop Maiden binge for the last several days....feels good to crank these classics yet again!

UP THE IRONS!

headbanger
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 am

detuned wrote:
I've been on a non-stop Maiden binge for the last several days....feels good to crank these classics yet again!

UP THE IRONS!

headbanger

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

You going to the San Antonio show?
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:18 pm

Schbopo wrote:

One of their best songs never played live.... At first I had to warm up to it back in the day, but there is so much energy in that tune it KILLS !!!!

I listened to the bonus disc in the Castle Records release of Killers yesterday.... ah Maiden in Japan... good stuff..
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:24 pm

I hate the song Invaders with that awful chorus, but love Gangland which most seem to hate.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:36 pm

I LOVE Invaders! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 778825
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:49 pm

I think there's not a whole lot wrong with Gangland. It's not great or anything, but it ain't bad either. If Invaders didn't have that awful chorus it would've been amazing imo. Gimme 22 Acacia Avenue, THe Prisoner, Number of the Beast or Hallowed be thy Name any time of day. headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Gangland has always been one of my favorite tracks from NOTB. But maybe I'm not the best judge, as my favorite song from Powerslave is Back In The Village.

lol!
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 9:30 pm

Does anyone have the singles boxset from the X Factor album? You get a box with space for 4 singles and the X Factor album plus 10 postcards. I bought it a while back but it's in really poor condition. There's one on ebay but some muppet has put in ridiculous bids on each item.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:29 am

Schbopo wrote:
Agreed! The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 604261
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:30 am

22 Acacia Avenue is another of my Maiden faves!
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 10:57 am

7thSaviour wrote:

Yep, one of their best.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 11:16 am

Derek Riggs posted some original versions of artwork he did for Maiden along with his commentary. 1. He kinda sounds lame-o, and 2. He doesn't like Maiden very much. Anyway, check it out... http://www.derekriggs.com/
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 1:55 pm

I really like Invaders, partially because the chorus makes the song stand out. I wouldn't want it changed at all.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Here's something cool I found, these are the sketches Riggs handed in for ideas for the new album cover:

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Aliens10

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Analpr10
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Neat-O. Looks like they're going for a "Planet of the Eddies" theme.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Neat-O. Looks like they're going for a "Planet of the Eddies" theme.

Yep - too bad Maiden didn't go with it. I could see the first one with lots and lots of cool stuff in the background (a la Powerslave, Somewhere In Time). The album will look something like the new T-Shirt:

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Main2810
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 2:54 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Yep - too bad Maiden didn't go with it. I could see the first one with lots and lots of cool stuff in the background (a la Powerslave, Somewhere In Time). The album will look something like the new T-Shirt:

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Main2810

Yea, I don't really dig this one. It doesn't even really look like Eddie.

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 7:02 pm

snooloui wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Yep, one of their best.

Agreed!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next