Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!

Go down 
+83
Dark Horseman
journeyman
vgmaster9
springozzy
Big Rich
Dellocatus
Andy
Wurthless
Wayne
adrian
skullkrusher
Mordor
DallasBlack
Shawn Of Fire
Rostov
ultmetal
metallicleora
Joe
HeavyMetalMerchant
chewie
Planchaaaa
Approval Guy
kmorg
tul
Zdan
Rex
Thrasher73
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
exact33
Wargod
the sentinel
Addy
Alex Dee Rokket
Grimmo
scottmitchell74
Metalgiant
Troublezone
TheDoctor'sScarf
Lionheartâ„¢
QuothTheRaven
sheets
iamrockerfun
Jesusandmetal23
JDC
XYZ
metalken
powermacho
dirtracin1
FossilPiss
A Handful of Wayne
mez
INVADERS
MEGATRON
Lurideath
ZetaReticuli
Orion Crystal Ice
AchrisK
Gilbert
Lari
TheGooch
Sutekh
Metal Misfit
James B.
Required Fields
nevermore
Fat Freddy
Glenn Rogers
snooloui
Dave the Boss
MoonChild
Metallic Blaze
ryanmetalman
mr.electric39
Defender71
Schbopo
Mglaffas81
manny
7thSaviour
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:19 pm

No offense but Philly gets all the acts man. I am so glad they are coming to Pittsburgh, come out this way man, I will buy you a beer and you can crash at my place if you have to. This is Maiden, so it is a must see. Esp since Harris always claimed 15 studio albums, and this being the 15th and the title called Final Frontier, I am a bit nervous on that! May be our last chances.

So freaking pumped!!!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:40 pm

They will be here in Albuquerque. Wow. Too bad it's in June though, I won't be able to make it.

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_sad

Oh well, at least I caught them on their last tour.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:45 pm

trying to get on the maiden site and there must be a ton of people on there. its taking forever to load. Im thinking of going ive been to every show thats came my way since the Ed Hunter tour. If I cant get up fronnt though I might pass im tired of seeing them from afar haha

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:34 pm

never pass man, even from distance is better than nothing, this could be it for them
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Not a date in the southeast The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_sad

I may just have to make a road trip to see Maiden again.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 5:44 pm

mez wrote:
No offense but Philly gets all the acts man. I am so glad they are coming to Pittsburgh, come out this way man, I will buy you a beer and you can crash at my place if you have to. This is Maiden, so it is a must see. Esp since Harris always claimed 15 studio albums, and this being the 15th and the title called Final Frontier, I am a bit nervous on that! May be our last chances.

So freaking pumped!!!

No worries. In all likelyhood, even if they were coming close by, I wouldn't be going. My concert going days are becoming few & far between. I work in a sporting arena, so I was hoping they'd come here where I could see the show for free. And I've had the pleasure of seeing them twice already, so I know what a great show it is. Up the irons!!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 6:06 pm

I'm there @ MSG. The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 11840
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:17 am

Better looking list of dates:

"The Final Frontier 2010 North American Tour" dates:

Jun. 09 - Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Center
Jun. 11 - Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
Jun. 12 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Jun. 14 - Denver, CO - Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
Jun. 16 - Albuquerque, NM - The Pavilion
Jun. 17 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion
Jun. 19 - San Bernardino, CA - San Manuel Amphitheatre
Jun. 20 - Concord, CA - Sleep Train Pavilion
Jun. 22 - Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre
Jun. 24 - Vancouver, BC - GM Place
Jun. 26 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Jun. 29 - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Center
Jun. 30 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center +
Jul. 03 - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
Jul. 07 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Jul. 11 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC
Jul. 12 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
Jul. 14 - Pittsburgh, PA - First Niagra Pavilion
Jul. 15 - Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center
Jul. 17 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
Jul. 18 - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
Jul. 20 - Washington D.C. - Jiffy Lube Live

+ DREAM THEATER will not perform in Winnipeg

Where's Dallas Black? he is totally going to freak out when he sees that Iron Maiden AND Dream Theater are playing locally to him!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:06 am

manny wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
I think The X-Factor is an amazing album. Sign of the Cross is one of my favorite Maiden epics, and the whole album is just killer. None of the albums they've made since Bruce returned are as good as it if you ask me. Apart from The Clansman and Futureal I think Virtual XI is terrible.

I used to hate the Blaze albums over the years I have grown to like them, but Dave the Boss you must be insane!!!! 'X Factor' is not a bad album but IMO it does not hold a candle to 'AMOLAD'. The other thing is the production on 'X Factor' is so dry, I agree with you it has good songs but I loved 'BNW' and 'AMOLAD' which is one of the best Maiden albums.

Haha, I can't help but having unpopular opinions. I agree that AMOLAD is great, but BNW doesn't quite cut it for me. I love the production on The X-Factor, I really love the dark sound of it. The production on AMOLAD is very flawed imo. They should have mastered it after all if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:08 am

Madison Square Garden huh? Hmmm... maybe I should save up for a ticket to NY and give my relatives there a visit... Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:16 am

Quote :

It's probably the name of the old Caps Center, it made me chuckle to think Iron Maiden was playing at a Jiffy Lube. "2 Minutes to...the next Oil Change" The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 201269

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:54 am

thejokeriv wrote:

Jul. 17 - Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 11840 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 11840 The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 11840

Any idea on prices? Didn't see anything on their website or Livenation's. At least when they go on sale 3/20 that falls on my "good" paycheck so I'll have the extra cash!

So far, this is my only concert of 2010, but I expected the summer months would be the only time I really went out anyway. Great way to kick things off!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:08 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

It's probably the name of the old Caps Center, it made me chuckle to think Iron Maiden was playing at a Jiffy Lube. "2 Minutes to...the next Oil Change" The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 201269

Nope - the Cap Center has imploded (they blew it in instead of up!). The Jiffy Lube Live is the Nissan Pavilion
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:26 am

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :

Nope - the Cap Center has imploded (they blew it in instead of up!). The Jiffy Lube Live is the Nissan Pavilion

D'oh, I should have know that! I remember watching the footage of the implosion.

God I hate those corporate sponsored naming rights. Jiffy Lube Live. Just sounds stupid. Our building is being renamed again as of September 1st. It will be the 4th time since I've been here that we've had to switch names due to corporate buy-outs.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:43 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
manny wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
I think The X-Factor is an amazing album. Sign of the Cross is one of my favorite Maiden epics, and the whole album is just killer. None of the albums they've made since Bruce returned are as good as it if you ask me. Apart from The Clansman and Futureal I think Virtual XI is terrible.

I used to hate the Blaze albums over the years I have grown to like them, but Dave the Boss you must be insane!!!! 'X Factor' is not a bad album but IMO it does not hold a candle to 'AMOLAD'. The other thing is the production on 'X Factor' is so dry, I agree with you it has good songs but I loved 'BNW' and 'AMOLAD' which is one of the best Maiden albums.

Haha, I can't help but having unpopular opinions. I agree that AMOLAD is great, but BNW doesn't quite cut it for me. I love the production on The X-Factor, I really love the dark sound of it. The production on AMOLAD is very flawed imo. They should have mastered it after all if you ask me.

You are not the only to express that opinion regarding the lack of mastering on AMOLAD. I felt that dark, dry sound of 'X Factor' did not work (or at least thought that at the time) suite Iron Maiden, I do like the album but still I feel it maybe their worst album in their discography, but I think it is cool that you and handful of others did not write off Iron Maiden during the Blaze years.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 am

You definitely lose a since of relationship and fondness to these places with all these corporate names taking over.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 12:30 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
You definitely lose a since of relationship and fondness to these places with all these corporate names taking over.

Agree!!!

"Scream for me Jiffy Lube"
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:24 pm

"The Dunkin' Donuts Center is wild tonight for sure!!!"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:30 pm

Reminds me of how many different names the Meadowlands Arena here in New Jersey has had over the years. When it first opened in the early 80s it was "The Brendan Byrne Arena," after the NJ Governor who'd been instrumental in getting the place built. He was pretty unpopular by the time he left office, though, so it was known as "The Meadowlands Arena" for a while after that. Then for most of the 90s it was called the "Continental Airlines Arena," now it's currently "The Izod Center." Though most Jerseyites still just call it "The Meadowlands."

Back around '95 or '96 (shortly after the name change to "Continental Arena" took place) my friend Ralph and I went to the Ticketmaster at Tower Records to get tickets for an AC/DC concert at the arena. Ralph sez "Yeah, hi, we need tickets for the AC/DC show at the Meadowlands..." and the punk behind the counter sez with a smirk "The what?"...not realizing at first that the guy was yanking his chain, Ralph sez "You know, the Brendan Byrne Arena," and again the guy smirked "The wha-a-a-a-at?"... then Ralph finally says "Ohhhh, OK, I get it. For the Continental Arena, wise ass. You happy now?" The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 201269

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:43 am

The track list for The Final Frontier is up on wikipedia:

Track listing

"The Final Frontier" - 3.20
"Rock and Roll Animal" - 4.47
"Because the Night" - 3.47
"Here Today, Gone Tomorrow" - 4.06
"Arm and a Leg" - 3.08
"Raised On Rock" - 3.10
"Just Another Girl" - 3.16
"Tears of Fire" - 4.20
"Nightfall" - 1.56
"No Pain No Gain" - 3.44
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:45 am

Uhhh.....I think those song titles are a joke. A literal joke.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:53 am

Hilarious. Sounds like a bunch of Scorpions songs The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Lol
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:02 am

SpectreFate wrote:

Did you get the joke?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 11:48 am

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Keel

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_eek

LOL@Maiden doing a song called "Rock and Roll Animal"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:01 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:

Did you get the joke?

I did. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!   The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official IRON MAIDEN thread!!!!!!!
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next