Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The female fronted metal thread

Go down 
+38
scottmitchell74
AchrisK
HMH87
EvyMetal
Jesusandmetal23
krokus
snooloui
Black Coffee
7thSaviour
Gilbert
metallicleora
Smindas
powermacho
Lari
Metalgiant
Eyesore
ghost
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
sheets
Thrasher73
tohostudios
James B.
JBall_Z
Shiney
Addy
Required Fields
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
manny
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Wargod
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
The new breed of opera singers posing as rock stars doesn't seem to appeal to me.
that's not the only female fronted metal out there now days.

Who would you suggest?
it depends... i'm more of an extreme metal guy. i can give you many examples in that realm. i know that you aren't much on extreme metal though...would you actually be interested in giving any bands i mention a chance?

otherwise, i'd just point out great hard rock bands like Sister Sin, Level-C, Crucified Barbara, Benedictum, & Doro of course.

Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:21 am

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
The new breed of opera singers posing as rock stars doesn't seem to appeal to me.

Who would you suggest?
it depends... i'm more of an extreme metal guy. i can give you many examples in that realm. i know that you aren't much on extreme metal though...would you actually be interested in giving any bands i mention a chance?

otherwise, i'd just point out great hard rock bands like Sister Sin, Level-C, Crucified Barbara, Benedictum, & Doro of course.

Listen to blood ceremony Ult they are great.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:31 pm

The new Triosphere is pretty good! Bitchfire is good!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:03 pm

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Who would you suggest?

Sure. What extreme metal bands would you suggest?

I love Doro and Warlock. Have most, if not all, of her CDs.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:30 pm

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Who would you suggest?

Sure. What extreme metal bands would you suggest?
Uppercut, Necrobass, Acid King, Pyrrah, Merlin, Where Eagles Dare, Astarte, F*ck The Facts, Mechanical God Creation, Kylesa, Flagitious Idiosyncrasy in the Dilapidation, Cripper, Serpentcult, Watch Me Burn, Izegrim, Funerus, Triton Enigma, Skuldom, Matriarch, Holy Moses, Seabears, Valhalla, Why She Kills, At Odds With God, Orphan Hate, Arch Enemy, Zeenon, Toxikon, Succubus, Gallhammer, & Belle Gunness.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Wow! OK, well, I dig Arch Enemy. They have a killer thrash/death sound. Any of those other bands like that?

If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:22 am

ultmetal wrote:
Wow! OK, well, I dig Arch Enemy. They have a killer thrash/death sound. Any of those other bands like that?

You would LOVE Holy Moses. German thrash.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Looking forward to this one!

Quote :
Reunited '90s British rockers SKUNK ANANSIE will release a brand new studio album, "Wonderlustre", on September 13. The CD's first single, "My Ugly Boy", will precede the full-length effort in the U.K. on August 16.

The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Skunkwonder

Not necessarily metal, but still awesome! Love this band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:41 am

Some random news again:

Tarja's 'Falling Awake' singles have started to be shipped today!
in This Moment's new album 'A Star-Crossed Wasteland' is out tomorrow! You can get it for £7.99 from amazon (UK) Very Happy That's a hella cheap!
Amberian Dawn signs a new record deal with Spinefarm Records / Universal http://fb.me/DbEkT9mB and so does Amaranthe http://bit.ly/aa5Hrj Very Happy
Battlelore - Studio Diary http://bit.ly/buio4T
Crimfall finish recording for their new album Smile http://bit.ly/adVfA8

More news,releases and updates to come!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:49 am

Skunk Anasie are a great band so thanks for posting the video
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 am

manny wrote:
Skunk Anasie are a great band so thanks for posting the video
They are great indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:35 am

New band for you all: Solar!

Quote :
The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Cover-forum-eng
"It is finished!!! The first album of Russian metal band named Solar.
It was a long way of more than 3 years. The band had some members changes, wrote a lot of new songs, struggled through heaps of creative and one economic crisis, but they kept on moving and finally they did it.
"At the dawn" is melodies, orchestra atmosphere, emotional female voice, ballad lyric poetry and metal drive.
All the album songs are weaving a love story of man and woman. Their love can't long anymore and they know it. The hour of parting is near and it will come at the dawn.
Some people call Solar a Russian Nightwish and the reason is not only in similarities in style and female vocals. Every song of Solar is a whole new world with it's own atmosphere and emotions. Even though this is rather flattering, Solars themselves say that in opposition of little bit Finnish-cold Nightwishes, they try to give their listeners a piece of warm and sun.
Stay solar!"

Tracklist:
01. Heretic
02. Parting
03. The Mask
04. Following the Fallen Star
05. At the Dawn (instrumental)
06. Dreamer
07. Sunset
08. Prayer

All files in one archive

The Official Site
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:19 pm

Just got ReVamp with Floor Jansen on vocals, been listening to it today and while it's not the heaviest thing she's ever done , it is quite nice and a very enjoyable listen IMO.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:54 pm

bassman wrote:
Just got ReVamp with Floor Jansen on vocals, been listening to it today and while it's not the heaviest thing she's ever done , it is quite nice and a very enjoyable listen IMO.
Yeah, a very good album. Nothing mindblowing musically, but Floor's vocal gives me a boner.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 12:11 am

Eyesore wrote:
bassman wrote:
Yeah, a very good album. Nothing mindblowing musically, but Floor's vocal gives me a boner.

I'm kind of late to the whole female-fronted metal party so a lot of this symphonic /power/ gothic stuff is still pretty new to me but I definitely like it for the most part. I tend to lean toward heavier music with the nice female vocal on top rather than the melancholy slow stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The female fronted metal thread
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12