Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The female fronted metal thread

Go down 
+38
scottmitchell74
AchrisK
HMH87
EvyMetal
Jesusandmetal23
krokus
snooloui
Black Coffee
7thSaviour
Gilbert
metallicleora
Smindas
powermacho
Lari
Metalgiant
Eyesore
ghost
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
sheets
Thrasher73
tohostudios
James B.
JBall_Z
Shiney
Addy
Required Fields
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
manny
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Wargod
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:45 pm

AchrisK wrote:
Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 FishingPasses7

The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 685534
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:46 pm

The dot usually implies "I agree", when following a quote.
Back to top Go down
HMH87
Metal novice
Metal novice
HMH87

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 10:12 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Welcome here HMH87!

Great avatar! Chastain RULES!!!

The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 11840

Thanks. Yes, Chastain/Leather hits me like no other!

I can't believe I left out one of my top bands. AGHORA. Hard to define. Technical, shred, melodic, jazzy, thrashy, soothing prog-metal with a sweet singer! "Formless" Rules!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 11:33 pm

HMH87 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Welcome here HMH87!

I agree. Leather-fronted Chastain is far superior to Kate French-fronted Chastain.

I like them both though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 6:09 am

Gothic metal straight out of Russia - Blackthorn:
http://www.myspace.com/blackthornian

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:36 am

Tapping The Vein, they usually play a very in your face gothic heavy rock but this is more like a ballad as far as they go Razz

Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 10:52 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
HMH87 wrote:
Metallic Blaze wrote:
Welcome here HMH87!

The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 604261

I agree. Leather-fronted Chastain is far superior to Kate French-fronted Chastain.

I like them both though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Some things you guys might be interested in:

ReVamp's new song Head Up High is avaliable for free download via the Nuclear Blast site: http://bit.ly/bChyhn

&

Tarja Turunen: New Album Artwork To Be Unveiled Next Week

Quote :
Former NIGHTWISH singer Tarja Turunen will unveil the cover artwork for her new solo album, "What Lies Beneath", next week via her official web site. With production handled by Tarja herself and selected tracks set to be mixed by U.K. producer Colin Richardson (famed for his work with MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and SLIPKNOT, among others), the follow-up to 2007's "My Winter Storm" "looks set to take Tarja's unique musical mix of drama 'n' decibels to a whole new level of success," according to a press release.

"We worked on 33 songs this time around from which I decided to record 17," Tarja explains. "It has been great to have the freedom to produce my own record for the first time; these sessions have been such a gift, a real learning process and a true joy. In many ways, it feels like the first time…"

The lead single from "What Lies Beneath", title to be confirmed, is currently being discussed for an early August release, with the full album to follow later that month.

Turunen performed the song "The Good Die Young" with German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS on the March 27 edition of Germany's talk show "Wetten, Dass..?" The program also featured an interview with Tarja and SCORPIONS members Rudolf Schenker and Klaus Meine.

"The Good Die Young" appears on SCORPIONS' final studio album, "Sting In The Tail", which was released in North America on March 23 via Universal Music Enterprises.

"It was such an honor to be invited to take part in the SCORPIONS' last album," says Tarja. "I am sure they will keep this particular record in their hearts the same way the fans and I will."
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:43 pm

ChaliceOfFemmeMetal wrote:
Some things you guys might be interested in:

ReVamp's new song Head Up High is avaliable for free download via the Nuclear Blast site: http://bit.ly/bChyhn

&

Tarja Turunen: New Album Artwork To Be Unveiled Next Week

Quote :
Former NIGHTWISH singer Tarja Turunen will unveil the cover artwork for her new solo album, "What Lies Beneath", next week via her official web site. With production handled by Tarja herself and selected tracks set to be mixed by U.K. producer Colin Richardson (famed for his work with MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE and SLIPKNOT, among others), the follow-up to 2007's "My Winter Storm" "looks set to take Tarja's unique musical mix of drama 'n' decibels to a whole new level of success," according to a press release.

"We worked on 33 songs this time around from which I decided to record 17," Tarja explains. "It has been great to have the freedom to produce my own record for the first time; these sessions have been such a gift, a real learning process and a true joy. In many ways, it feels like the first time…"

The lead single from "What Lies Beneath", title to be confirmed, is currently being discussed for an early August release, with the full album to follow later that month.

Turunen performed the song "The Good Die Young" with German hard rock veterans SCORPIONS on the March 27 edition of Germany's talk show "Wetten, Dass..?" The program also featured an interview with Tarja and SCORPIONS members Rudolf Schenker and Klaus Meine.

"The Good Die Young" appears on SCORPIONS' final studio album, "Sting In The Tail", which was released in North America on March 23 via Universal Music Enterprises.

"It was such an honor to be invited to take part in the SCORPIONS' last album," says Tarja. "I am sure they will keep this particular record in their hearts the same way the fans and I will."

I typically don't like ballads but "The Good Die Young" on the new Scorps is excellent and Tarja's vocals just complete the overall sound of it IMO. Great song.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Tarja is on the new Scorpions album? Why didn't anyone say that?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Tarja is on the new Scorpions album? Why didn't anyone say that?

I didn't know it until I read that same interview Chalice posted the other day.

Listening to the song, I knew there were guest vocalists because the chorus has a "fuller" sound than a typical Scorp's track but I didn't read the liner notes until I saw that article.

BTW, I think you'd dig the new Scorps MB. This is one solid piece of melodic hard rock IMO. And to think I'd given up on the band a long time ago...

One more thing...it's not like you can tell it's Tarja in the song; you can just tell there are other people besides the band singing on it.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Oh okay. Thanks for the info.

I'll eventually get this album. I might even have it by the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Tapping The Vein, they usually play a very in your face gothic heavy rock but this is more like a ballad as far as they go Razz

Tapping the Vein is excellent! Very underrated, in my opinion. I haven't heard Another Day Down yet, though.

Here's a couple other bands that may not have been mentioned yet, but are very good:

And a local band, who apparently has a new album out that I need to buy:

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 8:35 pm

Tapping the Vein is indeed an EXCELLENT band! I only have their debut, but it's fan-freekin-tastic!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 5:20 pm

Anyone dig (or previously mention) Ancient Bards?

I just picked up their new one. Female front "Symphonic" Powermetal. Pretty good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpvLMyC4a8o
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Never heard of Anicient Bards Scott, but listened to that clip you posted.

WOW. This is the stuff I like!!! It's amazing how close in taste we are with our music!

The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 438278

I actually NEED to buy this now!!! Another one to add to the list! DOH!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 9:53 pm

NOt metal but The Pretenders & Siena Root kick arse!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:00 am

Edenbridge's new album "Solitare" will be out on July 5th.
Tarja is doing aheadline UK show on October 23rd in London. Her single "Falling Wake" is out July 19th.
Tristania's forthcoming album "Rubicon" is out in Spain August 25th, then Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, Italy, Sweden on August 27th, the rest of Europe August 30th, then US&Canada on August 31st. Very Happy
Within Temptation have been recording the guitars for the next album!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:30 am

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:50 am

Edenbridge's new album "Solitare" will be out on July 5th.
Tarja is doing aheadline UK show on October 23rd in London. Her single "Falling Wake" is out July 19th.
Tristania's forthcoming album "Rubicon" is out in Spain August 25th, then Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, Italy, Sweden on August 27th, the rest of Europe August 30th, then US&Canada on August 31st. Very Happy
Within Temptation have been recording the guitars for the next album!

I like Edenbridge, but in passing. They're fairly bland. And that new video of theirs—the singer looks retarded with all those wide-eyed faces she makes while singing. I'll buy it, though, but not new unless it's on sale.

Tarja's last album was a letdown. Big time. I hope this one is better.

And I've always dug Tristania, even through their stylistic changes. Looking forward to that one.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:51 pm

There isn't much female fronted metal that I care for, but one that do like is this DOOM band from Belgium. Ladies & germs, I give you SERPENTCULT...

That tune is a little more upbeat than their usual doomy goodness.

http://www.myspace.com/serpentcult

Unfortunately, the female singer is no longer with the band. I think the guys are continuing on though without her.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:10 pm

Serpentcult was indeed awesome.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:25 pm

I find myself mostly enjoying the old school of female fronted metal and rock bands. Bands like Lita Ford, The Runaways, Helion, Joan Jett, Chastain, Ransom, Heart, Doro, Warlock, etc. Arch Angel are fantastic as well. These girls are rockers! The new breed of opera singers posing as rock stars doesn't seem to appeal to me.

Last edited by ultmetal on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:
The new breed of opera singers posing as rock stars doesn't seem to appeal to me.
that's not the only female fronted metal out there now days.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:21 am

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
The new breed of opera singers posing as rock stars doesn't seem to appeal to me.
that's not the only female fronted metal out there now days.

Who would you suggest?

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The female fronted metal thread
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next