Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The female fronted metal thread

Go down 
+38
scottmitchell74
AchrisK
HMH87
EvyMetal
Jesusandmetal23
krokus
snooloui
Black Coffee
7thSaviour
Gilbert
metallicleora
Smindas
powermacho
Lari
Metalgiant
Eyesore
ghost
T-Roy
MetalGuy71
sheets
Thrasher73
tohostudios
James B.
JBall_Z
Shiney
Addy
Required Fields
DeathCult
Metallic Blaze
manny
A Handful of Wayne
mc666
Fat Freddy
Dave the Boss
Schbopo
Troublezone
Orion Crystal Ice
Wargod
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Pat Benatar rocks. Ann Wilson from Heart too... but in extreme metal it doesn't work for me.

I agree with ya on this statement they are best suited for more goth, melodic, hard rock and maybe it depends on the female which are few that might fit in death metal but few and far between.

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Forgot Fear of God

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks for the link ups! I'll be sure to add them to our little catalogue of bands Very Happy

I never hear Alissa straining with her growls. O.o
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:44 pm

I like women fronting rock more than metal. Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, Heart, B-52s, Fleetwood Mac, Blondie, Pat Benatar...they're all awesome. But metal? You got Lita Ford, Doro, and MAYBE what's-her-face from Arch Enemy (growling does not equal singing in my book). Don't care for most of the symphonic-power-goth-opera stuff either.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Never been a big fan of female fronted metal. However, I do like Black Knight a whole lot, great band. Crystal Viper are pretty cool as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Forgot Fear of God

Now, I'm in love!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Kittie, OTEP... yep
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37648

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:00 pm

How'bout Benedictum? Veronica Freeman is the female Dio.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Kittie suck in my opinion. Seriously 120 words a minute? O.o
OTEP are pretty good though! Smash The Control Machine is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Beenadick who?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Beenadick who?

Laughing very hard

Did I mention she's hot?
The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Veronica_benedictum1

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:03 pm

Benedictum are ok Smile Not a big fan but they are tolerable unlike shitey Echoes Of Eternity.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:05 pm

I have no problem with women in metal, i just hate that it becomes a fashion show more than anything. Maybe that's why goth is more suitable...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:05 pm

ChaliceOfFemmeMetal wrote:
Benedictum are ok Smile Not a big fan but they are tolerable unlike shitey Echoes Of Eternity.

Ugh, yes. I checked out Echoes of Eternity a while back cuz I read a review that compared'em to "Justice" era Metallica with a female singer. Waaaaayyyy off! The music was average at best and the warbling singer got annoying after about two songs.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:08 pm

Nice chest.

Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:09 pm

Yah FF, but if men didn't buy it and treat it as a fashion show/jerk off session, it wouldn't typically be marketed that way. The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_razz Supply and demand really. I prefer when the emphasis is on, how do you sound, how does the band sound.. how much does this rule, etc. Hence the ones I posted. Coincidentally, or more likely not, those bands are a lot less known.

and yeah, Echoes of Eternity, uck.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Nice chest.

Schwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:13 pm

Echoes Of Eternity is average at it's best repetitive crap. Their second album sounds exactly the same as their debut and all the songs sound exactly the same! :O That's one female fronted band I can't stick.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:18 pm

Quote :
if men didn't buy it and treat it as a fashion show/jerk off session, it wouldn't typically be marketed that way.

I doubt the band consulted males before they did their first show to see what would get a reaction. The singer decides what she wears i'm sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Most females don't have their boobs on show. If you want some plastic eye candy with shitty layered vocals you can have Leaves' Eyes free.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
if men didn't buy it and treat it as a fashion show/jerk off session, it wouldn't typically be marketed that way.

I doubt the band consulted males before they did their first show to see what would get a reaction. The singer decides what she wears i'm sure.

oh I know. I mean that it would have little effect if it wasn't eaten up/encouraged. So chicks that don't do that, the tree falls but nobody hears, you know? The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_razz

yeah... Leaves Eyes..Saw them when they opened for Blind Guardian. One of the worst bands I've ever heard and seen. And then when they were finished, a good third of the audience left (teenys). Good riddance. The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:25 pm

I remember that trend in the 90's when females were frequently known as bass players. White Zombie, Smashing Pumpkins etc...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Quote :
Leaves Eyes

Never heard of that band. Any links?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:29 pm

I thought that band with Steve Harris's daughter was pretty dumb. They did not belong opening for maiden...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:29 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Yah FF, but if men didn't buy it and treat it as a fashion show/jerk off session, it wouldn't typically be marketed that way. The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_razz

I personally have no problem with female metallers treating it like a fashion show.

Of course, I'm extremely shallow. Laughing

Troublezone wrote:
I thought that band with Steve Harris's daughter was pretty dumb. They did not belong opening for maiden...

That's what is known as "Nepotism."

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The female fronted metal thread   The female fronted metal thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The female fronted metal thread
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next