Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Female fronted metal bands

Go down 
+16
Stender
DallasBlack
GrandNational
Schbopo
romeolimagolf
MetalRob331
mc666
manny
MetalGuy71
Rex
ultmetal
sam
Thrasher73
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

Female fronted metal bands Empty
PostSubject: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:28 am

Anybody against? I personally find it hard to digest...But i'm trying...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:30 am

I'd rather hear a female vocalist like Doro or Veronica Freeman (Benedictum) over some WOOOOARRRRGH'in dude

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:33 am

I used to love female fronted metal bands but now I'm more picky. I need the vocalist to have something unique about her voice. Which is one of the main reasons I don't like Nightwish anymore. Tarja's operatic soprano was unique; without her they just sound like a progmetal version of Evanescence.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:34 am

For the most part I cant get into them.Something about a female singer just kills the whole sound for me.There are exceptions however,one would be Doro.Also the chick from Smashed Gladys.She sounds gritty enough to fit the sound.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:38 am

depends on the band...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:38 am

Yeah, it's a case by case. I once listened to an album by a female fronted band called "benediction" (am i correct?) They did an outstanding cover of accept's balls to the wall...But i don't recall the album's title.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:40 am

Ah, i remember. it's benedictum.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:41 am

I like some, but I'm not a fan of the whole goth/opera thing that bands like Nightwish and Lacuna Coil are doing. I do like Helion, Warlock, etc.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:51 am

Usually not my thing, ESPECIALLY when the lady is doing extreme vocals.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:51 am

Not really a fan. There are a few exceptions, but not really my thing. Especially the goth/opera stuff. But then again, I wouldn't care for the goth/opera stuff if it's a dude singing either.

I like Benedictum, even though Spec swears the lead singer is a she-male. I don't have the release yet, but there is a new-ish band out there that I really like, Serpent Cult, that has a chick singer too. There might be a few more, but those 2 came to mind right away.

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 10:53 am

Rex wrote:

Yeah, I just don't understand the idea of getting a female vocalist...and then have her do the whole death metal thing...what's the point?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:27 am

detuned wrote:
Rex wrote:

Yeah, I just don't understand the idea of getting a female vocalist...and then have her do the whole death metal thing...what's the point?

Boobs?

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:40 am

detuned wrote:
Rex wrote:

Good to look at on stage?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:49 am

who would you rather look at :

Female fronted metal bands Angela_20Net_1Female fronted metal bands Angela_20Net_1

or

Female fronted metal bands Dani_filth.4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:50 am

manny wrote:

Female fronted metal bands Angela_20Net_1Female fronted metal bands Angela_20Net_1

or

What's my third choice?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:52 am

manny wrote:

or

The 1st one's nice to look at, but when she opens her mouth and sounds like the 2nd one, I head for the hills!! Female fronted metal bands 337331

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:52 am

or

Female fronted metal bands Immortal_2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:54 am

Sh!t, I'll take Abbath over any of those anyday. That dude is awesome.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Wow, Spec I am impressed , I didnot realize you are Immortal fan.

Personally I like Arch Enemy's music, but even if I didn't, I would rather watch them on stage, Angela is a nice piece of eye candy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:04 pm

manny wrote:
Wow, Spec I am impressed , I didnot realize you are Immortal fan.

I love Immortal. One of the best black metal bands ever. Even better than Deicide. Wink Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Anyone remember a band called Detente?

Female fronted metal bands Detente1986recognizenoa7ki

🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:16 pm

detuned wrote:

🤘
one of my fave thrash albums ever! Dawn kicked ass.

personally i love females in metal. no matter what style.

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Also, MC turned me onto a band called Octavia Sperati that has a really good vocalist, it's more "goth edged" type stuff but she sings in a more straight ahead, less operatic style than most of these type of groups.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:23 pm

Females dont bother me, if there is hooks and she can sing then it works for me. I really dig bands like Nightwish, Echos of Eternity, Sinergy, and Therion.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:31 pm

detuned wrote:

🤘

Sure do.Dawn had a great metal voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Female fronted metal bands   Female fronted metal bands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Female fronted metal bands
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next