Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halford to release a new solo album.

Go down 
+24
Cliffy
Gilbert
mez
JBall_Z
Rex
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
metalinmyveins
DeathCult
Troublezone
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
mc666
exact33
the sentinel
sam
metalken
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
manny
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:22 pm

While I think it is cool that Rob Halford is releasing a solo album, I wish it was a regular studio release and not a seasonal disc. Like a lot of peps already commented those type of discs only get played around the holiday season and I also thought the two studio Halford discs where very solid albums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:23 pm

I'll probably get it but like ult said, the Christmas stuff only gets played a couple times a year.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:24 pm

I still need to check out the Twisted Sister Christmas album(s). TSO started this whole Christmas rock craze... Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:26 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I still need to check out the TS Christmas album(s). TSO started this whole Christmas rock craze... Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_smile

...and they still do it best.

Though actually I'd say Stryper did it first... with their "Reason For the Season"/"Winter Wonderland" single way back in '84, '85, whenever that was.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
I still need to check out the TS Christmas album(s). TSO started this whole Christmas rock craze... Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_smile

That they do... and it's even classy enough to play for grandma and the whole family. Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:32 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

That they do... and it's even classy enough to play for grandma and the whole family. Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_lol

I am sure the same could not be said for the Halford or Twisted Sister's Christmas discs.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Twisted Sister's Christmas album is kinda funny... but to paraphrase Ralph Wiggum, it's "not ha-ha funny."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:38 pm

manny wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I am sure the same could not be said for the Halford or Twisted Sister's Christmas discs.

Keep a lid on the sarcasm buddy. Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I still need to check out the Twisted Sister Christmas album(s). TSO started this whole Christmas rock craze... Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_smile

*****SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT!!!******

Get a copy of the dvd right here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Twisted-Sister-A-Twisted-Christmas-Live-DVD-2007_W0QQitemZ200381276697QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray?hash=item2ea7a7a219&_trksid=p4999.c0.m14

Act now TZ and I'll throw a nice surprise bonus in there for ya!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 3:09 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I liked the one from last year - We Wish You a Metal Xmas and a Headbanging New Year! It had some very enjoyable tracks on it...

Alex

sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 5:19 pm

a little more info:

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/rob-halford-releasing-christmas-album-whhhyyyyyy

Quote :
The disc will include "a collection of new Halford-penned tracks plus traditional holiday favorites presented with original arrangements by HALFORD". Here are some of the tracks already announced:

- ‘Get Into The Spirit’
- ‘When Christmas Comes For Everyone’
- ‘Light Of The World’
- ‘What Child Is This’
- ”Oh Holy Night’
- ‘Come All Ye Faithful’

UGH!! The only saving grace is that Halford's backing band is full of seriously skilled musicians including Roy Z. on guitar, Metal Mike Chlasciak on guitar, Mike Davis on bass and Bobby Jarzombek on drums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:06 am

manny wrote:
Alright back to the original point of the thread, while I think it is cool that Rob Halford is releasing a solo album, I wish it was a regular studio release and not a seasonal disc. Like a lot of peps already commented those type of discs only get played around the holiday season and I also thought the two studio Halford discs where very solid albums.
this is my whole deal with it. after waiting patiently for new stuff, i want some original material, not these holiday cover tunes. leave sh*t like that for Mariah Carey & Celine Dion.

i can just see it now.. Suicidal Tendencies finally releases their new full length & low & behold, it's a christmas cash grab. i will be pissed if that happens.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:53 am

mc666 wrote:
manny wrote:
Alright back to the original point of the thread, while I think it is cool that Rob Halford is releasing a solo album, I wish it was a regular studio release and not a seasonal disc. Like a lot of peps already commented those type of discs only get played around the holiday season and I also thought the two studio Halford discs where very solid albums.
this is my whole deal with it. after waiting patiently for new stuff, i want some original material, not these holiday cover tunes. leave sh*t like that for Mariah Carey & Celine Dion.

i can just see it now.. Suicidal Tendencies finally releases their new full length & low & behold, it's a christmas cash grab. i will be pissed if that happens.

So you think ST is gonna do a holiday album too? Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:59 am

Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:
manny wrote:

So you think ST is gonna do a holiday album too? Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_scratch

no of course not...but i didn't think Halford would either.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:08 am

mc666 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:
manny wrote:

no of course not...but i didn't think Halford would either.

Well i think after that "Two" thing he did i wouldn't put anything past him.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:23 am

You know we didn't even need ONE metal version of Oh Come All Ye Faithful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:46 pm

mc666 wrote:
manny wrote:

But it sounds like there will be some original material too. It's not just cover tunes. Sounds like it may be half and half at least.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:44 pm

Troublezone wrote:
mc666 wrote:
manny wrote:

I hope not. I didnt like their last one and wont buy this one either if it is...

Alex

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 9:54 pm

I was looking around and have found some unverified sources for Halford IV, supposedly being released in December.

Rate Your Music is listing a fourth album this year and while that's basically like Wiki (anyone can add virtually anything), MetalStorm.ee is also listing it and giving it a December 2009 release date.

Anyone else hear about this??
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:31 pm

I'll buy it!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
(a la Danny Vermin of "Johnny Dangerously" fame)

I heard the Two album once.... ONCE.

You fargin icehole!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:52 pm

A couple of tracks from Halford's WINTER SONGS have made it onto YouTube....the albums' release date is October 26th...

"Get Into The Spirit"

"We Three Kings"

Promotional/hype video:

Sounds better than I expected but I still dunno if I'd bother picking up the CD.

Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:07 pm

US release date is 11/03. Decent stuff, I'm still gonna pick it up. I still say doing this as 'Rob Halford' would've been better than pushing this as the third 'Halford' release... Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
US release date is 11/03. Decent stuff, I'm still gonna pick it up. I still say doing this as 'Rob Halford' would've been better than pushing this as the third 'Halford' release... Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_razz

yeah, that would've been better, but I must admit! I'm loving these samples!!! Great stuff!!!

This will probably be my fave Christmas album. I like it better than TSO.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
A couple of tracks from Halford's WINTER SONGS have made it onto YouTube....the albums' release date is October 26th...

"Get Into The Spirit"

"We Three Kings"

Promotional/hype video:

Sounds better than I expected but I still dunno if I'd bother picking up the CD.

I doubt I will either. The other thing is Halford doesnt look so metal against that winter wonderland background...

Alex

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halford to release a new solo album.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next