Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Kiss SOLO Album

Go down 
+21
ZombieHavoc
MetalRob331
MoonChild
James B.
Witchfinder
Thrasher73
exact33
stepcousin
nevermore
Boris2008
80s Metal Lady
bass63
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
thejokeriv
manny
Addy
iamrockerfun
journeyman
corplhicks
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Of the late 70's solo albums by the members of Kiss, which one reigns?
Peter Criss
Best Kiss SOLO Album Vote_lcap6%Best Kiss SOLO Album Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Paul Stanley
Best Kiss SOLO Album Vote_lcap9%Best Kiss SOLO Album Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Gene Simmons
Best Kiss SOLO Album Vote_lcap3%Best Kiss SOLO Album Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Ace Frehley
Best Kiss SOLO Album Vote_lcap82%Best Kiss SOLO Album Vote_rcap
 82% [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Best Kiss SOLO Album Empty
PostSubject: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:41 am

This one's a bit easier. I picked Ace.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:00 am

Peter next, followed by Paul then Gene.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:25 am

Paul than Ace than Peter, shame on Gene.

Last edited by iamrockerfun on Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:38 am

Ace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by a few zillion miles

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:22 am

No contest, Ace
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:27 am

manny wrote:
No contest, Ace

This - its not even close. Ace's blows the rest out of the water. Paul's is a distant second, followed by Gene and the abysmal Peter effort.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:12 am

Ace but Paul's is VERY CLOSE second IMO. Gene's has it's moments. Peter's is pretty weak from a rock and roll fan perspective. I've never been into the crooner-type R&B but that was the vibe he was going for.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 am

Ace, followed by Paul.

I refuse to allow Peter's solo album into my house to this day.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
bass63
Metal master
Metal master
bass63

Number of posts : 882

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:35 am

Went with Ace. Paul would a close 2nd. The other two are a snooze fest.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:24 pm

I'll pick Gene's for the heck of it. It was the first KISS album I ever got (strange introduction) and there are quite a few very catchy songs on it--songs I sing or hum to myself still.

Next would be Paul's which has several killer tracks, then Peter's. I think Peter's is very underrated. A lot of nice songs on it and, since I'm not a fan of bluesy/r&b stuff, it added some variety to my music collection and has a fresh sound to me. I ended up downloading a few songs off his early post-KISS solo records. Last is Ace. I think his solo album is very overrated. Not a single track I'm all that crazy about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:28 pm

I don't think any of them are very good, but if forced I would pick Ace.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:29 pm

I had a listen to some tracks as I'd never heard these records. i didn't really like any of them but think that Peter has a fantastic voice.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:48 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:
I'll pick Gene's for the heck of it.  It was the first KISS album I ever got (strange introduction) and there are quite a few very catchy songs on it--songs I sing or hum to myself still.

Next would be Paul's which has several killer tracks, then Peter's.  I think Peter's is very underrated. A lot of nice songs on it and, since I'm not a fan of bluesy/r&b stuff, it added some variety to my music collection and has a fresh sound to me.  I ended up downloading a few songs off his early post-KISS solo records.  Last is Ace.  I think his solo album is very overrated.  Not a single track I'm all that crazy about.

Wow! Talk about an opinion that goes against the grain of most fans. Kudos. Everyone has different tastes.

Ace's album is full of catchy, raw, rock and roll tracks. It was also the only solo album to generate a hit single, though that in itself doesn't really mean much.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:58 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:
No contest, Ace

This - its not even close. Ace's blows the rest out of the water. Paul's is a distant second, followed by Gene and the abysmal Peter effort.

Exactly how I feel.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:00 pm

This is way too easy. Ace's easily smokes the others.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:
80s Metal Lady wrote:
I'll pick Gene's for the heck of it.  It was the first KISS album I ever got (strange introduction) and there are quite a few very catchy songs on it--songs I sing or hum to myself still.

Next would be Paul's which has several killer tracks, then Peter's.  I think Peter's is very underrated. A lot of nice songs on it and, since I'm not a fan of bluesy/r&b stuff, it added some variety to my music collection and has a fresh sound to me.  I ended up downloading a few songs off his early post-KISS solo records.  Last is Ace.  I think his solo album is very overrated.  Not a single track I'm all that crazy about.

Wow! Talk about an opinion that goes against the grain of most fans. Kudos. Everyone has different tastes.

That's why I did this poll, curious if other fans didn't prefer Ace, and why. His seems like an obvious choice, but tastes can always surprise you.

Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:39 pm

I went with Ace but Paul's solo record is a close second.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Ace for me.

80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 1:56 am

ultmetal wrote:

Ace's album is full of catchy, raw, rock and roll tracks. It was also the only solo album to generate a hit single, though that in itself doesn't really mean much.

That was a cover song, though. I don't dislike Ace's album, I just think it is overrated and it is the one I listen to the least of the 1978 solo albums. My favorite song off it is "I'm in Need of Love."
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 10:14 am

Ace by a landslide!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 11:57 am

Ace followed by Paul. Gene and Peter get thrown in the garbage.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:52 am

When I was a pup.....It was Ace's, but today's choice is Paul's album. The single is the weakest track on the album (IMHDO) but still a grood written tune. The vocal approach and the arrangement sucked (big time) The song had possibilities but wrong choices were made.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:54 am

wow. we do not get such a majority on these polls all that often..

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:05 am

I'm actually surprised that anyone picked the others besides Ace. I've never really heard any good things said about Genes and Peters (especially his). Pauls does seem to get some love but Aces always appears to get held in the highest level.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:06 am

Ace Frehley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Kiss SOLO Album   Best Kiss SOLO Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Kiss SOLO Album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next