Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Halford to release a new solo album.

Go down 
+24
Cliffy
Gilbert
mez
JBall_Z
Rex
GrandNational
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
metalinmyveins
DeathCult
Troublezone
Leatherface
Metal Misfit
mc666
exact33
the sentinel
sam
metalken
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
Metallic Blaze
manny
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Halford to release a new solo album. Empty
PostSubject: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:24 pm

Halford to release a new solo album. Halford-winter-songs

The good news: Judas Priest frontman Rob Halford is to release his first solo album in seven years. The bad news: it’s a Christmas record.

Titled Halford III – Winter Songs, this will feature new single Get Into The Spirit, plus such Christmas faves as Come All Ye Faithful and Oh Holy Night – all done in a heavy metal style, naturally.
This album is to be released by Metal God Entertainment, and is due out in time for the holiday season. Deck your balls in boughs of holly, indeed. Oh, sorry Rob – we mean halls, of course.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:27 pm

This sounds great to me!

I always like to have more metallic Christmas stuff! And another solo album from Rob?

I'm stoked on all counts here!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:29 pm

Sounds a little weird but I'll check it out. Rob rarely disappoints.

This wouldn't be his first venture into Christmas music either. When he was in Fight they put out a holiday tune on a promo/fan club only CD single called "Christmas Ride"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

This wouldn't be his first venture into Christmas music either. When he was in Fight they put out a holiday tune on a promo/fan club only CD single called "Christmas Ride"

Wow i didn't know that! Did this song ever get reissued ?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:32 pm

manny wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Wow i didn't know that! Did this song ever get reissued ?

When he reissued all the Halford/Fight stuff on his own Metal God label a year or two ago I believe it was briefly available on his web site as a free download but I never checked it out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:36 pm

Cool - I need some new Christmas music!!!! Can't wait to hear Rob singing about roasting nuts on an open fire.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:38 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Cool - I need some new Christmas music!!!! Can't wait to hear Rob singing about roasting nuts on an open fire.

Halford to release a new solo album. Lol

That's what I was thinking too! I wish more metal artists did Christmas albums to be honest.

It actually must take quite a bit of balls to do this. You know how an overwhelming majority of his fans are gonna respond.

Halford to release a new solo album. Angry
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Might be cool. Thing is, Christmas albums are sooooo seasonal, they tend to not get played more than a couple times a year.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:42 pm

Hmmmmm, could be interesting. Or a disaster. I'd give it a fair shake though. I'm usually down with unusual Christmas music.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:50 pm

I am curious and I was a fan of the two Halford albums, so hopefully it will follow that musical direction, I have no idea if the same band that played on those albums will be on the christmas disc.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:53 pm

I really like those first two Halford albums too. I guess I am expecting this new one to be up to par with those (despite how seasonal it might be).

I hope I'm not wrong though ...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Whatever it sounds like , I am sure it will still be a better album then TWO.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:07 pm

I like Two also ... but then again, I'm a fan of industrial and gothic music as well as metal.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:21 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
I like Two also ... but then again, I'm a fan of industrial and gothic music as well as metal.

affraid Just joking. Though I have never owned it, I do not remember not liking it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:24 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

I kind of liked it also, but it seems like Halford was following trends instead of leading them with this project, but i agree it has some good songs on it, but my least favorite period of Halford's career.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:27 pm

(a la Danny Vermin of "Johnny Dangerously" fame)

I heard the Two album once.... ONCE.

Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:59 pm

a Christmas album? really? Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:05 pm

sam wrote:
a Christmas album? really? Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_mad

After seeing all the critical fanfair & financial gain Twisted Sister garnered for their similiar venture, this seemed like an obvious choice for the Metal God. Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_santa

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:27 pm

I'll get this. I sure do loves me some Christmas songs!!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 6:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
sam wrote:
a Christmas album? really? Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_mad

After seeing all the critical fanfair & financial gain Twisted Sister garnered for their similiar venture, this seemed like an obvious choice for the Metal God. Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_santa

I guess so. Still, it just seems like an money grab to me.

Halford to release a new solo album. 288219
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:09 pm

Ill give it a listen but the last metal christmas cd i bought gets no play outside the Christmas season...

Alex

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:33 pm

sad to see him go the sad Twisted Sister route.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:11 pm

I'll buy it. Kinda weird he's making THIS the 3rd studio release from his Halford band though. I'd rather have a fully original non-holiday themed studio album from them and then he could release this under Rob Halford as Jingle Wails.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Might be interesting. Have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:01 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
I'll buy it. Kinda weird he's making THIS the 3rd studio release from his Halford band though. I'd rather have a fully original non-holiday themed studio album from them and then he could release this under Rob Halford as Jingle Wails.

That's a good point. Put out a regular metal Halford release, then follow it up right away with this Christmas album. But, hey, whatever. Does anyone know if it's all the original Halford band members playing on this?

PostSubject: Re: Halford to release a new solo album.   Halford to release a new solo album. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Halford to release a new solo album.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next