Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album

Go down 
+6
Gilbert
manny
nevermore
Witchfinder
MetalGuy71
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Empty
PostSubject: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 4:28 pm

OVERKILL bassist and main songwriter D.D. Verni will release his first solo album in 2018. The record, which was mixed and mastered by Chris "Zeuss" Harris (ROB ZOMBIE, QUEENSRŸCHE, HATEBREED), is said to be a mix of all of Verni's influences. "There's some metal, punk, and classic rock... it's all in there, from QUEEN to GREEN DAY to METALLICA, I think we covered all the basses!" declares D.D.

The lyric video for the song "Fire Up" can be seen below.

Verni is currently seeking a label home for his first effort, which features a host of guitar players doing guest spots, including Jeff Loomis (ARCH ENEMY), Angus Clark (TRANS SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA), Jeff Waters (ANNIHILATOR), Bruce Franklin (TROUBLE), Mike Romeo (SYMPHONY X), Mike Orlando (ADRENALINE MOB), Steve Leonard (ALMOST QUEEN), and Andre "Virus" Karkos (DOPE), who also contributed the rhythm guitar tracks. Rounding out the recording lineup is former OVERKILL drummer Ron Lipnicki.

"I'm psyched to get this disc out," states Verni. "We had a lot of fun and a lot of great players contributed."

In addition to OVERKILL's 18 full-length albums, Verni has four releases with his side band THE BRONX CASKET CO.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 5:31 pm

I'm willing to bet when I listen to this album I'll wonder what all the songs would have sounded like with Blitz on vocals.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 6:35 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I'm willing to bet when I listen to this album I'll wonder what all the songs would have sounded like with Blitz on vocals.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 7:21 pm

That sounds pretty good. I'd pick this up at some point.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 8:25 pm

I will check it out, I am a huge fan of Overkill.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 8:27 pm

manny wrote:
I will check it out, I am a huge fan of Overkill.

Same here!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

That was pretty much my reaction when I listened to the sample clip above! Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeThu Dec 21, 2017 10:38 pm

The chorus on the song is a bit child-ish. As if it was written by teenagers starting their first band.

The music is good though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Lyric video for new Verni track, "Lost In The Underground." Musically it sounds pretty good... then D.D. starts singing and ruins it. Zzzzzzzzz....

The album comes out Oct 12th if anybody's interested.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Great music. Vocals are ok.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 10:17 pm

So needs Blitz.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 4:03 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
So needs Blitz.

This would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 11:30 am

Yeah, DD's voice is almost too smooth for the music.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 5:49 pm

His vocals don't bother me. I recently re-visited the last Bronx Casket Company cd (Antihero) and DD provided all the vocals on that one.

It's not a priority, but I'll probably pick this up at some point.

And welcome back Horseman, ya wanker. Smile

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 10:48 am

Thanks man. Family stuff etc. The usual excuses.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 10:53 am

Sounds like second rate Overkill with bad vocals. What's the point?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2022 3:46 pm

Years later, and i still haven't picked this one up, but i will probably include it in my next cd order.

Anyone got it yet?
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2022 6:11 pm

The music is ok, but overall this SUCKS!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2022 1:08 am

Lurideath wrote:
The music is ok, but overall this SUCKS!

Again, it didn't make my shopping list. Ended up going for 3 Killer Dwarfs cds instead.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2022 6:23 pm

I like DD in Overkill, but for some reason I can’t get into any of his solo stuff. I tried with his Bronx Casket Co, but it didn’t work for me.

He has a great backup voice in Overkill… but not for lead vocals. Kinda like Michael Anthony with VH.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2022 9:25 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Years later, and i still haven't picked this one up, but i will probably include it in my next cd order.

Anyone got it yet?

I totally forgot that it existed. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album   Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill's DD Verni to Release Solo Album
Page 1 of 1