Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)

Go down 
+13
iamrockerfun
Invader
Rex
Fat Freddy
the sentinel
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
INVADERS
nevermore
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
mc666
DallasBlack
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Halford-Resurrection
Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Vote_lcap45%Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Vote_rcap
 45% [ 14 ]
Bruce-Accident Of Birth
Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Vote_lcap23%Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Vote_rcap
 23% [ 7 ]
I Can't Choose
Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Vote_lcap23%Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Vote_rcap
 23% [ 7 ]
Niether, Metallica-St. Anger Rulz!!!!
Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Vote_lcap9%Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Empty
PostSubject: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:30 am

Which of these two comeback greats do you think is the best? Accident Of Birth or Resurrection?

I went with 'I Can't Choose' because while I like Accident more, each album holds a place in my heart. Bruce is my favorite vocalist second only to Zak Stevens (a small margin I might add) and while I loved his solo albums until then, there was just something missing (Bruce's voice works better with metal than hard rock IMO-and many others). When Accident came out I was just drooling over it, I remember listening to it on a daily basis for many years (tape and CD). When I became a Christian that album was one that went along with it and I regret it but never got around to getting it again (I'm really trying to right now but with no online shopping availiable to me right now I have to cruise the stores and all they ever have are Chemical Wedding and Tyranny Of Souls-I will try Virgin next time I make my way down there).

Resurrection (another one I got rid of-but later got back) was an album that shocked the hell out of me. With Halfords excursion into industrial and his bad mouthing metal I gave up on him ever being metal again. In the spring/summer/fall of 2000 I was living on the U.S.S. George Washington in the middle of the Persian Gulf. The ship store was a regular in my daily scedule (lots of candy bars and beef jerky to offset the crappy midrats-leftover dinner for night shift lunch) and every now and then I would find a CD or DVD that I wanted and I'd get it (Chicago, REO Speedwagon, and other radio friendly albums except two-the first Mullmuzzler album and the one I'm about to mention). One day I saw something that took me totally by suprise:

Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Cd_halford_sm Halford on a motorcycle and leather! Shocked

The last I remember was Halford abandoning metal and here was a new metal CD from the living legend. Another album I played a lot especially the duet with Bruce.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 11:42 am

i like them both equally i guess. i like both Crucible & Chemical Wedding even more though.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:08 pm

I like 'em both, but I voted for Halford, only because I picked that one up on the day of release and have lived with it longer. Accident of Birth I only purchased used a year or 2 ago. Love it and wish I had it sooner. Don't know why I waited so long to get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Rob-Halford-Resurrection-357534
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:15 pm

I have never heard either one, believe it or not.

But I'm more glad to see Halford back in Priest than Bruce in Maiden. Although without both manning the helms of their respective bands the world just isn't right.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:35 pm

"Resurrection" by far!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:44 pm

I voted I can't choose. I love both Accident Of Birth and Ressurection.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 12:53 pm

i chose Bruce, although both albums are stunning
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:15 pm

Love em both, but had to vote for Halford.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:17 pm

Sorry,had to go with St.Anger on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:19 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Rob-Halford-Resurrection-357534

I agree 100% 🤘
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:12 pm

DB, you are absolutely FIENDISH making us choose between these two classics!!! Laughing

After much consideration, though, I think I'd have to go with Bruce D. on this one, but it's a VERY close call. While RESURRECTION was and still is a fantastic piece of work, Bruce's ACCIDENT OF BIRTH happened to be released at just the right time for me. It had been a rough couple of years for metal, and by 1997 (the year ACCIDENT was released) was a particularly weird year for the "old guard" bands. That year Dokken released the bomb known as SHADOWLIFE and W.A.S.P. released the irritating K.F.D., to name just a few, and I was beginning to really get discouraged in the quality of new releases that I was bringing home. Lo and behold, ACCIDENT OF BIRTH was released in mid year, it started getting tons of rave reviews and great word of mouth, and though I'd been all but ignoring Bruce's solo career after the disappointing BALLS TO PICASSO, I felt I owed it to Bruce to give him one last try. Was I ever glad I did!! ACCIDENT OF BIRTH kicked my ass across the room from the first spin, remained in my daily play list for at least three months afterward, and to this day still gets spun at least once or twice a month around my place. It went a long way to restoring my faith in metal!!

Of course, three years later it was great to see Rob Halford back where he belonged as well. But ACCIDENT OF BIRTH wins this bout in my book.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 2:20 pm

I voted "couldn't choose". Like both albums a lot. Gonna have to pull them out again.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:00 pm

spectrefate wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

lol!

Why are you laughing at me? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:00 pm

Isn't that what we do here? Just throw emoticons up randomly?
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Both are great albums, but I like Accident Of Birth a little bit more.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:13 pm

HALFORD

that's all

no more words
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 3:44 pm

I thought Rob was great with his solo material and Bruce was hit or miss. The Chemical Wedding was the most consistent but still had some filler. I also think Priest didn't miss Rob as much as Maiden missed Bruce. Bruce and Maiden are better then the sum of their parts.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:02 pm

Both are good but I vote Halford.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:38 pm

Never heard the Halford one, but damn I love Accident Of Birth, along with most of Brucey's solo career
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2008 4:51 pm

I made a big mistake! I wanted to say that I couldn't choose but picked the choice with St.Anger in it...! Please help me! I must forget this or I will not be able to sleep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:26 am

"Silent Screams" is wicked sick.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 1:39 am

Halford!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 8:18 am

Went for St.Anger on this one. Metallica could put a smurf poo in a pizza box and call it a record and i would still hail it a masterpiece
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce)   Best Metal Comeback Album (Halford or Bruce) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next