Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rob Halford recording a blues album

Go down 
+6
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Lari
Gilbert
nevermore
glassprison
10 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

Rob Halford recording a blues album Empty
PostSubject: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 6:03 pm

I'm not sure if he's mentioned wanting to do this before and I missed it, but I have to say this took me somewhat by surprise. I'll certainly check it out. But if he was going to spend time in other styles, I really wish he would have gone ahead and done the black metal collaborative project he has talked about as recently as 2018.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 6:06 pm

I just checked and the 2018 articles all have to do with him potentially collaborating with Behemoth’s Nergal. Previously (ca. 2008) he had talked about collaborating with Emperor's Ihsahn with the encouragement of Dimmu Borgir.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 6:26 pm

glassprison wrote:
I'm not sure if he's mentioned wanting to do this before and I missed it, but I have to say this took me somewhat by surprise. I'll certainly check it out. But if he was going to spend time in other styles, I really wish he would have gone ahead and done the black metal collaborative project he has talked about as recently as 2018.

I'd be interested in hearing the black metal collaboration if it was to ever actually get recorded.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2020 11:15 pm

I read somewhere that he has already started working on his blues album.

I am curious about this project.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 10:06 am

Gilbert wrote:
I read somewhere that he has already started working on his blues album.

I am curious about this project.

Yeah, I was referencing the Blabbermouth article in the initial post, which I forgot to link:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priests-rob-halford-says-he-has-commenced-work-on-his-debut-blues-solo-album-it-sounds-great/
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 1:08 pm

Why blues? He should do a dance album. Never Gonna Give You Up, Night Fever, that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 1:11 pm

I’m curious about this, but I’m skeptical that Halford’s voice will translate well for blues.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 3:08 pm

I'm sure he'll be able to pull it off, but I cant say I'd be terribly interested. I skipped his second Holiday album last year, too. I like Winter Songs well enough but didn't feel the need to own the second volume.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 6:27 pm

Meh, I'll pass on it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 4:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I’m curious about this, but I’m skeptical that Halford’s voice will translate well for blues.

I have the feeling we will be left disappointed...
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 6:04 pm

I stopped listening to Gary Moore when he went into the Blues realm.
So no way would I buy a Halford sings the Blues cd. No fn way bro.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17150

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 6:24 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I have the feeling we will be left disappointed...

Halford once filled in on vocals for Black Sabbath. In my opinion his voice did not work well with them. Sabbath is basically heavy blues rock. So imagine if Halford is shooting for an actual authentic blues sound... It’s a long shot to say the least. His voice is too operatic. You need to have that certain grit and swagger like Ian Gillan, Glenn Hughes or even early 70’s Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 10:14 pm

This is from Halford IV: Made of Metal...

If that's his take on the blues, I'm IN. If he goes the more traditional route, I'm IN. If he sings like Donald Duck on every tune, I'm IN.

Troublezone wrote:
Halford once filled in on vocals for Black Sabbath

I was there for that show. It was f**king awesome!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 12:40 am

I'm not a lover of blues music, even though I'm well aware of the fact that most bands I listen to were all influenced by the blues. I might still buy it, because it is,Rob Halford after all. I don't own any of his Christmas stuff, but that has more to do with working in retail for sixteen years and having that shit drilled into my head twelve hours a day for a month and a half straight during those years lol
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 1:28 am

I picked up Glenn Hughes' blues album on cd, last Saturday.

Quite good actually. Fits his voice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rob Halford recording a blues album   Rob Halford recording a blues album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rob Halford recording a blues album
Page 1 of 1