Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Empty
PostSubject: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 9:20 pm

Nope not another "do you think it will ever come out?" thread. What i am looking to do is compile what has been leaked from this. Anyone have any live/demos ect that they would like to share? Would pay for shipping on cdrs or send blank cdrs/dvdrs if anyone has anything.

So far I am downloading everything I can find on soulseek and limewire, once I figure out what is what I will gladly share what I find.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 9:41 pm

I've heard most of what's been leaked, but deleted them all. Some songs I didn't dig, some I did. But you can tell that most are still demos and such.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2007 9:43 pm

I found a bunch of stuff and most of it sounds very good. Most of it is live stuff from one of the ill-fated tours. I saw them when Buckethead was still in the band and loved the newer stuff.

Also looking for any live stuff from "new" GnR.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 8:51 am

As far as I'm concerned, G&R is dead and just a pleasant memory (still love their music). What this is is Axl Rose's solo band and can't say I have any interest in it (at this rate it will never see the light of day anyways).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2007 7:27 pm

Oh there's a whole bunch of Democracy stuff to download. Just get a file-sharing program and have at it. You might want to check out the forum's at metasludge.tv. Someone in their forum once gave a link to a torrent of like 5 or 6 recent (earlier this year) leak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2007 9:01 am

Thanks Metal Misfit. Never been able to get bit torrent to work but have to try some more. I've been searching soulseek, limewire, and various GnR forums (there are a ton of them that are very active). Don't think I have found any of the actual leaks but have found full length high quality demos of:
IRS
There Was a Time (T.W.A.T.)
Better
Chinese Democracy
Catcher in the Rye
Rhiad and Bediouns
Madagascar
The Blues
Silkworms
Sweet Child of Mine (remake)
Oh My God (end of days soundtrack)
Oh My God (newer demo)
Prostitute
Several instrumentals of most of the songs above
Tons of live stuff from 06

Honestly its been a relatively easy search, always yielding lots of results. The only thing is sifting through what is the same but named diffirently and stuff that is not GnR (ie i got that was called Chinese Democracy but was Bruce Springsteen live).

I was hoping someone here would provide a definitive listing of what high quality stuff had been leaked or could send me some stuff but I am figuring out that there really isn't that much besides what I listed, but there are several takes of most of those songs.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 12:57 pm

firestar wrote:

Honestly its been a relatively easy search, always yielding lots of results. The only thing is sifting through what is the same but named diffirently and stuff that is not GnR (ie i got that was called Chinese Democracy but was Bruce Springsteen live).

I was hoping someone here would provide a definitive listing of what high quality stuff had been leaked or could send me some stuff but I am figuring out that there really isn't that much besides what I listed, but there are several takes of most of those songs.

The demos are the leaks. It's up for debate whether they are demos or studio versions (although some versions can easily be pointed out as demos), but according to Dizzy Read ALL leaks so far are just very high quality demos. He said all leaks thus far are not the final versions of the songs, so that'd be put'em all in the demo category, as far as I'm concerned.

What you've listed is pretty much all there is. There's a lot of misnamed mp3s out there though. Even some early 90s unreleased stuff that's getting passed off as Democracy songs (Just Another Sunday, for one). I don't think I've heard Prostitute, some sites report there's a fake demo of it. Definitely gotta be careful, pretty much every artist and every song seems to get a "Chinese Democracy" title!

I didn't realize they've remixed Oh My God. That's pretty cool, that song is awesome. I would question including it on the new album since it was released so long ago UNLESS they did do something new with it.

This is a great album thus far. I'm really digging everything I've heard, except IRS. It's an okay song, but seems more like filler than anything else. The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, Better, and There Was A Time are amazing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 4:19 pm

Oh My God is an awesome song, the remade version I found basically just has some diffirent electronic sounds in it and some diffirent mixing, nothing drastic. I would like to see to see it on Chinese Democracy, though maybe on a bonus disc to a limited edition of some sort.

Honestly all these songs have been floating around so long that by the time it comes out (if) they will be old.

I did find a short clip of a song called Checkmate that is without a doubt a new Guns n Roses track.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2007 11:41 am

my friend reckins he heard a new song called This is the time.

i have written them off after their abominal live performance at download 2006 though. it should have been billed as The Axl Rose Band
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:39 am

Oh My God was originally released on the soundtrack to End of Days I personally like that version....

Ive heard Madagascar and liked that as well.... but all in all I think GNR is no more, unless and a big UNLESS the original lineup gets back together.....

Though if Chinese Democracy is ever released I will get it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:00 am

it has been rumoured that the original lineup will reform
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:02 am

Ive heard that on many differant occassions I doubt it, at least right now... Though It could happen, I read in an interview with Slash that he expressed interest but there would have to be some reconciling between Slash and Axl, and he's also said that if it doe4s happen that he'd like to see STP get back together and do a few shows with them... that ot me would be awesome but Im in the minority here
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:04 am

i dont think they could get the chemistry back to be honest
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:06 am

I agree I think that they are a thing of the past, To me even though I like all 5 Cds they released Nothing compares to Appetite IMO
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:09 am

If Dave & Eddie can patch things up and tour, I have no doubt that we will see a GnR reunion. I don't think it will be anytime soon, but it will happen. I don't think there has ever been a big band in history that parted ways at some point and stayed that way. The Who, the Stones, the Police and now even Zepplin have all fallen apart at one time or another, but then for whatever "reason" ($$$) have pulled it back together.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 11:11 am

yeah sure i think chinese democracy has more chance of being released just kidding
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:38 pm

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/08/27/chinese-democracy-leaker-arrested-on-suspicion-of-violating-federal-copyright-law/
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:17 pm

Hm. Well?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 12:41 pm

I thought it sucked myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:40 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
If Dave & Eddie can patch things up and tour, I
have no doubt that we will see a GnR reunion. I don't think it will be
anytime soon, but it will happen. I don't think there has ever
been a big band in history that parted ways at some point and stayed
that way. The Who, the Stones, the Police and now even Zepplin have all
fallen apart at one time or another, but then for whatever "reason"
($$$) have pulled it back together.

I am sure if it was up to Axl's accountants and a tour would be booked
right now, but I don't foresee a reunion til this 100 years in the
making album finally gets released. There is no way Axl is going to
reunite with Slash to prove his critics right, that Axl cannot make a G
nR album without Slash. To much of Axl's prestige is riding on this
project to allow a reunion to happen.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:05 am

These guys were one of my all time favorite bands at one time. I freakin' loved Appetite, but that was pretty much the end for me. Use Your Illusion should have been one decent CD and then they should have just called it a day after that. Anything I have heard by them live has been horrible, they had tons of talent and potential but drugs and egos ruined all of that. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 11:09 am

manny wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
If Dave & Eddie can patch things up and tour, I
have no doubt that we will see a GnR reunion. I don't think it will be
anytime soon, but it will happen. I don't think there has ever
been a big band in history that parted ways at some point and stayed
that way. The Who, the Stones, the Police and now even Zepplin have all
fallen apart at one time or another, but then for whatever "reason"
($$$) have pulled it back together.

I am sure if it was up to Axl's accountants and a tour would be booked
right now, but I don't foresee a reunion til this 100 years in the
making album finally gets released. There is no way Axl is going to
reunite with Slash to prove his critics right, that Axl cannot make a G
nR album without Slash. To much of Axl's prestige is riding on this
project to allow a reunion to happen.

I'd agree with that, Manny. Notice I said it wouldn't happen anytime soon. But your reasoning sounds pretty logical.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 7:40 pm

I thought the leaked stuff was ok. Not really my cup of tea, though.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 8:42 pm

Shackler's Revenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln6oKl5iZXA

More good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:22 pm

Warrior Soul is said to be putting out a new CD with that name as well. I'd love it if they did. One way or the other, Chinese Democracy would finally be out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next