Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GN'R Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+7
thejokeriv
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
ultmetal
sovdat
Smindas
11 posters
AuthorMessage

GN'R Chinese Democracy Empty
PostSubject: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 9:46 am

Will it ever come out? Does have any interest in getting it when it comes out? I heard 4 or 5 of the tracks. It sounds like a mix of Linkin Park and Disturbed to me. No real interest in it for me. I like Guns N Roses for what they were, not what they are now
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 9:50 am

I personally wouldn't liken it to Linkin Park and Disturbed at all from the handful of tracks I've heard. I love GN'R for what they were as well, but I actually really enjoy the ChinDem songs I've heard, so I probably will pick it up when it comes out. Which it never will, clearly Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 9:53 am

It's going to be released in summer '17.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 10:20 am

sovdat wrote:
It's going to be released in summer '17.
It does seem that way. Kind of funny. Axl and Co. are touring, and GN'R has not put out and album in what, 15 years? lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 2:06 pm

Unless Axle gets Slash and the guys back in the band, nothing he does
will sound like the Guns N Roses everyone loves and chances are it will
disappoint no matter how good it is.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Yup yup!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 2:48 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Unless Axle gets Slash and the guys back in the band, nothing he does
will sound like the Guns N Roses everyone loves and chances are it will
disappoint no matter how good it is.
I agree. I do think despite everything someday the original lineup, or most of it will reunite, if history proves anything. Even bands that hated each other and said they never ever would, did. Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, Motley Crue. Maybe not anytime soon, but someday. Money talks, and well you know the rest
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 3:32 pm

Most over-rated band in history. Although it will sell a billion
copies, as people are sheep and they will be told to buy it, I am
hoping it will be the biggest flop ever.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 4:10 pm

I thought that Appetite for Destruction was a great CD. Overrated? Most
certainly. However, I thought it was as good as anything from LA Guns,
Faster Pussycat, etc., if not slightly better.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 4:16 pm

Appetite is the only thing from G'n'R that I own. Only one I want to own. Everything else was VERY hit or miss.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 4:18 pm

They are one of a few hard rock / glam / sleaze / hair / whatever you call 'em bands I like - AfD is a classic!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 4:23 pm

Appetite is on of my all time favorite releases. My opinion everything they did was good. The later stuff was a little to studio friendly, but still good
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 5:15 pm

I'm pretty much on the same school of thought as FAHB. I wasn't really a fan of The Spaghetti Incident, but I loved Appetite, Lies and the UYIs.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 5:20 pm

if & when it does get released, alot of people will be disappointed with it, if they expect it to sound like classic GNR. it will probably be the most highly criticized album ever released for sure.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 9:31 pm

mc666 wrote:
if & when it does get released, alot of people will be disappointed with it, if they expect it to sound like classic GNR. it will probably be the most highly criticized album ever released for sure.

I agree - no way the album lives up to the hype. If it is ever released, I bet it opens at # 1 and drops down the charts fast, out of the top 100 in a less than 1 month. I doubt the record company will ever recover the money they spent on the album's production.

GnR is one band that I have never been a fan of - AFD has some good songs, but that's it for me. Axl Rose ruined the band for me, well, for being Axl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 9:36 pm

Yeah, no way they are going to recover the money spent on Chinese Democracy. I read on wikipedia the date for release is March 6, 2007.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSat Jan 27, 2007 10:20 pm

The instrument has not been invented to measure my indifference to it. I enjoyed their stuff (except for the Spaghetti Incident) before the breakup.I thought the song that was on the End of Days soundtrack was horrible !
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeSun Jan 28, 2007 1:15 am

I've got to agree with Sideshow,Appetite was great but really the only one I care to own.Axl has put this new one off so long I think alot of people have just lost interest-namely me!
Back to top Go down
Waylon
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 305

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 29, 2007 7:29 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
Appetite is the only thing from G'n'R that I own. Only one I want to own. Everything else was VERY hit or miss.

The ONLY G'n'R disc I own as well... my thoughs as well on their other material as well...Razz

Waylon
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 2:54 pm

mc666 wrote:

I agree. So many critics and fans are blinded by their dislike for Axl and the hired Guns that they are chomping at the bit to slam this album. He could deliver the greatest album of all time and people are going to knock it down.

That said, I'm looking forward to it. I suppose sometime before I die it will be released. But am I holding my breath until March? No. From what I've heard over the years of the new stuff, I think it sounds great. Does it sound like GNR? Not really. It's more an extension of the epic-styled stuff Axl was doing on the Illusion albums. I'll definitely be picking it up on the first day.

I'm undecided on how well it will do. On one hand, there's the GNR name and the mystery factor. Many people will be curious. But GNR hasn't been a force since about '93, so will *enough* people be curious for it to be a hit? Time will tell... But I can't say for sure whether it'll flop or not. At the very least, it'll probably go gold and curiousity alone though.

But for a multi-million dollar album that has been 10+ years in the making, it better do a lot more than gold to be considered a success. Now that I think about it, for as much money has been spent on it, it's probably not going to make that money back in sales alone. So even if it was a "hit" by major label standards, it could still very well be considered a failure thanks to all the time and money that's been put into it.

If this album does bomb, I don't think we'll ever see another GNR/Axl album again. He'll probably run and hide and be even more of a hermit than ever.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitimeFri Feb 02, 2007 3:49 pm

behind those releases are only Money $$$. Axl is a liar. He dunn nothing, only how to make money, that's how he does perfect. f***ed up with people. i have Democracy it's a piece of crap. Appetite still best as must be. i wish velvet revolver better shows, albums, ... than Axel's ''gnr''.
Axl seem like hit and run or hide and never seen again. im starting hating this guy. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GN'R Chinese Democracy   GN'R Chinese Democracy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GN'R Chinese Democracy
Page 1 of 1