Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 3:12 pm

the fact that it might eventually come out is more intereting than the album itself
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 10:34 am

there is still no announcement on their website yet. i dont think it will come out. i think it is a media stunt to help us not forget the album
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:34 am

TheGooch wrote:
there is still no announcement on their website yet. i dont think it will come out. i think it is a media stunt to help us not forget the album

I hate to agree with the Gooch, but I'm starting to think he's on to something. There is no information/promotion anywhere except Best Buy.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:36 am

Maybe Best Buy is like the G N R fans and Dr Pepper corporation they don't want to spend money promoting something that they don't believe will ever see the light of day.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Here is more proof of Axl's insanity this from Classic Rock Magazine:

With the release of Guns N' Roses' hyper-delayed Chinese Democracy set for November 25, drummer Bryan 'Brain' Mantia has provided a remarkable insight into the album's painstaking/painful recording process.
'Brain' should probably be in the Guinness Book Of Records for The Longest Time That A Single Drum Kit Has Been Set Up In A Recording Studio.
"I think it was five years that my drums were set up at the Village Recorders in Los Angeles," 'Brain' divulged.
"It was five years and it went through three different producers. It went through Sean Beaven, Roy Thomas Baker and then I guess Axl is the producer now. Five years my drums were set up."
'Brain' also revealed how more than $300,000 was spent over a seven-month period redoing drum bits note-for-note after Josh Freese left the band.
We're don't know for sure don't know if 'Brain' is still a member of the GN'R touring band. You might recall that Frank Ferrer was drafted in as a replacement when 'Brain' took time out after he became a dad a couple of years backā€¦ apparently management sources claim both drummers are still involved in the GN'R set-up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:22 pm

I hope this album FLOPS, I hope it gets horrible reviews, I hope they never recoup the recording costs, Axl needs to be in a strait-jacket...not on tour.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 1:38 pm

I don't think the album will flop but I am sure this album when never recoup its recording cost, it would have to sell 5 billion copies for it to do that. Luckily Congress has added as one of the Earmarks to that Billion Dollar payout to help out Axl and his new lotion boys of G n R.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:05 pm

It wouldnt surprise me if eventually he reconciled with Slash and the original line up got back together wouldnt surprise me at all, but I dont think itll happen anytime soon, more than likely when Appetite becomes eligable for the RNR Hall of Fame.

I dont think the album will flop as alot will buy it for curiosity sake alone, I plan to get it, Ive always liked Axl's screetch but the biggest draw for me for Guns N Roses was the combo of Axl, Slash and Duff

I do however dont think they will see that money back, unless they were to do a tour and actually complete the tour
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:26 pm

It would be interesting to know how many copies would have to be sold to break even on this one. Anyone got any info on what the reported recording costs were?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:29 pm

the sentinel wrote:
It would be interesting to know how many copies would have to be sold to break even on this one. Anyone got any info on what the reported recording costs were?

Last I read, Blabbermouth said it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $13 million.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:32 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

I hate to agree with the Gooch, but I'm starting to think he's on to something. There is no information/promotion anywhere except Best Buy.

yeah! i said something relevant!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Last I read, Blabbermouth said it was somewhere in the neighborhood of $13 million.

Good Lord, that's a lot of dough!!! Thanks, FF.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:54 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Good Lord, that's a lot of dough!!! Thanks, FF.

Mind you, I said "last I read." For all I know the dollar amount could've gone up since then!! Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 2:57 pm

$13 million what in the world could justify spending $13 million dollars to record an album? This is another example Axl's insanity.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:05 pm

whats the average spend on an album production? anyone know
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:11 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=107234

check this link to Blabber. it has promo clips for chinese democracy. whether they are authentic or not i dont know. but they do look proffessional
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:14 pm

TheGooch wrote:

In this day and age there really is no "average" but I'm sure any other band could easily knock out ten albums for the same price that Axl has spent to make just one!!

Hell, Ultimatum, Phoenix Reign or any of the other bands that post on this board could probably make an album a year for the rest of their lives on that kind of money.. with a bunch left over for tour buses, booze and hot chicks!!

lol!

Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

In this day and age there really is no "average" but I'm sure any other band could easily knock out ten albums for the same price that Axl has spent to make just one!!

Hell, Ultimatum, Phoenix Reign or any of the other bands that post on this board could probably make an album a year for the rest of their lives on that kind of money.. with a bunch left over for tour buses, booze and hot chicks!!

lol!

hmmmmmmmm. hot chicks 🤘
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:41 pm

I think part of why it cost 13 million is cuz it took so very long. If this was released say a few years after the Spghetti Incident it would not have costed nearly as much
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Addy wrote:
I think part of why it cost 13 million is cuz it took so very long. If this was released say a few years after the Spghetti Incident it would not have costed nearly as much

No doubt. It also would have been a bit more relevant and probably capitalized on their popularity to the extent of a few more album sales. Well, we should see very soon.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:00 pm

Addy wrote:

That's true, but if that was when it had been released, people wouldn't have cared nearly as much.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 8:33 pm

Maybe, Maybe not, during the late 80s and early 90s GNR was labeled the Biggest Rock N Roll Band on the planet in the day they were huge now just a shell of its former self.

Though the word on that is, Slash had been writing material for the new GNR album back in the 90s but Axl wasnt interested as Axl wanted to go in a more industrial sound, Slash wanted to go back to the Appetite/Lies era sound
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:11 pm

Addy wrote:
Maybe, Maybe not, during the late 80s and early 90s GNR was labeled the Biggest Rock N Roll Band on the planet in the day they were huge now just a shell of its former self.

Though the word on that is, Slash had been writing material for the new GNR album back in the 90s but Axl wasnt interested as Axl wanted to go in a more industrial sound, Slash wanted to go back to the Appetite/Lies era sound

I never knew that. Hey, is Addy a nickname for Steven Adler? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:41 pm

Addy wrote:

That's pretty much right on the mark. Slash has said many times that he wanted GnR to be the next Rolling Stones, just playing good old fashioned rock n roll. Axl was the one that wanted them to be the next Nine Inch Nails. Most of the tunes Slash wrote for the follow-up to Use Your Illusions ended up being used for his Snakepit albums.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:48 pm

I think why we are so interested in this album is because Axl and his fellow towel swatters in G N R have been working on some version of this album close to a decade. He has gone thru numerous musicians, producers, enigneers, and even various versions of this album. So far for a rumored $13 million dollars we have had one song show up on a soundtrack, more press than if Elvis had risen from the grave, and Best Buy sort of promoting an album that even they do not seem to be sure if it exisit or not.

Axl has turned to the Howard Hughes of heavy metal and it makes for interesting press. Personally I hope it does get released, I am curious to see what kind effort and money is going to sound like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 3 of 25Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next