Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
FATALITY
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 47

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:11 pm

had to listen to it a few times for it to grow on me, last 3 songs and thingys revenge are great
Back to top Go down
zelote
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:53 am

This album sound like Axl Rose single record.
The album not is bad, but not is Gnr, the songs not have the strenght of old Gnr.
Sound more like a bad version of The Ilussions albums
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:55 am

I donot own this CD yet, but the tracks I have heard I like. I agree it doesnot sound like the original G N R, but I did not expect it to. Even if the original line up had managed to stay together it still would have sounded different, it has been almost 17 years since Use Your Illussions albums were released.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:30 pm

My wife gave me a early Christmas gift

GNR Chinese Democracy heh
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:57 pm

Addy wrote:
My wife gave me a early Christmas gift

GNR Chinese Democracy heh

I'd rather have the other Christmas gift from my woman... You know, the one gift they give you once a year (if you're lucky)... Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:03 am

i just cant think of any reason to listen to this album any more. while i can think why i want to listen to led zeppelin iv for the tenth time today. becuase thats a classic album and chinese democracy is not
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 6:57 am

Personally i Never got why people think Led Zepplin is the best thing since sliced bread , theyve never done anything for me...

Led Zepplin and Eddie Van Halen scratch

Im diggin Chinese Democracy its not a classic by any means but considering that theres been a very small handful of albums released this year that i got excited about Im really digging having some new jams
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 10:09 am

This cd is really starting to grow on me. I noticed I was humming some of the songs in my head the other night. Not the same classic GnR we all know & love, but a good album nonetheless.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 4:01 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
according to Sebastian Bach Chinese Democracy is supposed to be the first of a trilogy of concept albums

Are you sh*tting me? A trilogy? Laughing very hard So the next 2 will be out in 2023 and 2038?

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:15 am

If thats true then according to Wikipedia GNR will release 2 more albums within the next 3 years lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:27 am

Turns out that Best Buy is not the only one selling this. During my ransacking of the now closed down Virgin Megastore, I saw many copies of Chinese Democracy there.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:01 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Turns out that Best Buy is not the only one selling this. During my ransacking of the now closed down Virgin Megastore, I saw many copies of Chinese Democracy there.

I didn't think it was, I never saw it advertised by best buy at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Axl answearing fan questions:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=1973

and

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=133058

and excerpts for you speed readers

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/axl_rose_answers_fan_questions.html
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:41 pm

I gave alot of that a read I thought it was cool he's a fan of the Showtime series "Dexter"
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 3:00 am

DallasBlack wrote:

It's different up here in Canada. I've seen it as Future Shop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 10:24 am

Sheesh, I guess having the exclusive deal for the new Guns N Roses album didn't help their bottom line one iota...Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Whistle

Best Buy 3Q profit sinks, offers staff buyouts

MINNEAPOLIS – Best Buy Co. Inc. , the nation's biggest consumer electronics retailer, said Tuesday that its third-quarter profit sank 77 percent as it faced dramatic changes in consumer spending.

The company also said it will offer massive buyout packages to corporate employees while slashing spending in a bid to cut costs, news that the sent the retailer's stock soaring.

Executives called the past three months the "most challenging consumer environment" in the retailer's history.

"We believe that there has been a dramatic and potentially long-lasting change in consumer behavior as people adjust to the new realities of the marketplace," Chief Executive Brad Anderson said in a statement. "We also believe that customers will continue to reward those retailers who understand their needs and desires, and offer relevant solutions at fair prices. Yet we clearly recognize that these changes require us to make significant adjustments."

Richfield, Minn.-based Best Buy said it will offer enhanced buyout packages to nearly all its corporate employees while cutting capital spending by 50 percent in 2009. The chain also plans to open "significantly" fewer stores in the U.S., Canada and China and said it may have to lay workers off depending on how many employees accept the buyout offer.

"We need to prepare our organization to operate in a wide range of potential macroeconomic scenarios in the coming year," Anderson said. "We believe our broad, voluntary program helps prepare us for the unpredictable year ahead while reflecting our company values and respect for our people."

Tuesday's news comes about a month after Best Buy's biggest rival, Circuit City Stores Inc., filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, under pressure from vendors and consumers who aren't spending.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 12:07 pm

Addy wrote:
If thats true then according to Wikipedia GNR will release 2 more albums within the next 3 years lol!

There must be more music to be released somewhere down the line. Didn't Brian May of Queen record some guitar parts at one point? I don't think any of those made it to Chinese Democracy. Also, I even remember reading that Shaquillie O'Neal did some rapping for the album (I'm pretty sure I don't want to hear that), and I think Sebastian Bach has said he did other vocals. He's got a background credit on "Sorry", but that's it. The point I'm trying to make is that after 13 years, there's gotta be more than just the 14 tracks. I'd certainly like to hear another album or 2. I'm really liking Chinese Democracy.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 pm

Oh I have no doubt in fact ive read past stuff bout the album saying that they had almost 26 songs completed out of like 35 I dont think he'll be releasing 2 more albums in a few years, but I could be wrong Im really digging this album.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:47 pm

I read that about Best Buy, Im sure it has nothing to do with Chinese Democracy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:25 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Addy wrote:

There must be more music to be released somewhere down the line. Didn't Brian May of Queen record some guitar parts at one point? I don't think any of those made it to Chinese Democracy. Also, I even remember reading that Shaquillie O'Neal did some rapping for the album (I'm pretty sure I don't want to hear that), and I think Sebastian Bach has said he did other vocals. He's got a background credit on "Sorry", but that's it. The point I'm trying to make is that after 13 years, there's gotta be more than just the 14 tracks. I'd certainly like to hear another album or 2. I'm really liking Chinese Democracy.

So I guess Brian May did record a solo for the song "Cather in the Rye", but it wasn't used. If you care to read Axl's reason why, click here...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111001

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 12:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

So I guess Brian May did record a solo for the song "Cather in the Rye", but it wasn't used. If you care to read Axl's reason why, click here...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=111001

just more of the same old blah blah blah...
Back to top Go down
LockedUp
Metal novice
Metal novice
LockedUp

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 8:33 pm

I love this album. Some of the stuff didn't grab me right away, but I kept an open mind. Liked it better and better each time. Every tune on this record is good.

Was it worth waiting 13 or whatever years? Who's to say? I'm glad it's out and it's great.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This cd is really starting to grow on me. I noticed I was humming some of the songs in my head the other night. Not the same classic GnR we all know & love, but a good album nonetheless.

This month, we are enemies.

*throws an icicle at you*
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 1:46 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

This month, we are enemies.

*throws an icicle at you*

Yea, nice avatar! Where did you get that idea? Very Happy

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, nice avatar! Where did you get that idea? Very Happy

I've been using it for years at the boards I go to during the winter time. I had forgotten to change it here though until I saw yours... This board needs balance and Snow Miser is going to give it! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 13 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next