Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy

Go down 
+60
Rami Airola
ZombieHavoc
T-Roy
Shawn Of Fire
MEGATRON
ShadowAngel
Wurthless
James B.
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
exact33
BuzzPhil
Svengo
7thSaviour
Getizzyback
One With the World
Gilbert
Thrasher73
mez
ultmetal
LockedUp
zelote
FATALITY
tohostudios
Shiney
A Handful of Wayne
Chairman_Smith
nevermore
spiritoradio
iamrockerfun
MoonChild
Rex
MetalRob331
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
Selvmord
DeathCult
Required Fields
rattpoison
metalinmyveins
Lurideath
thejokeriv
Schbopo
Smindas
the sentinel
The Heckler
akeldama
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
Leatherface
XYZ
skullsmasher
sam
manny
MetalGuy71
Addy
TheGooch
Metal Misfit
DallasBlack
64 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 10:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd bet the farm he's had something done to his face. He's too smooth.

Hell, you'd come out looking better after a bar fight with the Hells Angels... And you don't have to pay for the privilege...

As for the lineup, is Steven Adler even in any kind of shape to tour? I thought he had a stroke or some such that he never really recovered from and was partially paralyzed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 11:13 am

Runicen wrote:

As for the lineup, is Steven Adler even in any kind of shape to tour?  I thought he had a stroke or some such that he never really recovered from and was partially paralyzed.

Yes, he had a stroke years ago that affected his speech, but I think he's more or less recovered from it. He's put out his own music and toured under "Adler's Appetite", but has bouts of being on-and-off the wagon.

Could he pull it together for a big reunion/paycheck? Probably. Would he crash & burn just as quickly? Probably.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 11:31 am

Good to know he didn't have to give up drumming as a result. I knew he had the "Adler's Appetite" thing, but aside from knowing it existed, I had no idea.

Shame to think he's still messed up. I don't know more of a warning shot you can get beyond surviving a stroke with most of your faculties intact...
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 6:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yes, he had a stroke years ago that affected his speech, but I think he's more or less recovered from it. He's put out his own music and toured under "Adler's Appetite", but has bouts of being on-and-off the wagon.

He has a new band, simply called "Adler", they released an album ("Back from the Dead") in 2012 and apparently will release a follow up this year or early next year (they also tour quite extensively North- and South America and will be on next years Monsters of Rock Cruise). Back from the Dead is actually surprisingly good in my oppinion, i guess Jeff Pilson, who is the producer and so called "fifth member of the band" is steering Adler in a good direction.

As for the Reunion: There is a lot going on with Guns n' Roses at the moment. Even before that interview with Slash came out, some Australian club owner said he heard that the Guns n' Roses reunion will headling the Soundwave Festival next year.

It's also interesting to note that Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and DJ Ashba left GN'R this week, leaving the band without a lead guitarist. While it was known for quite some time that Bumblefoot was finished with them, DJ Ashba leaving was a big surprise
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12632

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 11:59 pm

The only interest I'd have in a G-n-R reunion would have to involve Izzy & Steven. They were the heart & soul of the original line-up. (IMHDO)

Sorum is technically a better player than Adler, but the guy has no swing.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 8:15 am

James B. wrote:
The only interest I'd have in a G-n-R reunion would have to involve Izzy & Steven.  They were the heart & soul of the original line-up. (IMHDO)

I'm in the same boat! I like redemption stories, so I'm rooting for Steven Adler to be a part of this. From what I understand he's remained clean over the last few years and he sounds much better and he looks much better. Izzy has always been a bit of a recluse, so I would be interested to see what he looks like these days. I still don't think I would have any interest in seeing them, because I saw them in '88, AND I will repeat, it can't be topped. The bang that I got for my buck back then from a very hungry band, and the unpredictability, etc... That being said, I hope they decide to have a reunion with all five original members.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 9:02 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
James B. wrote:
The only interest I'd have in a G-n-R reunion would have to involve Izzy & Steven.  They were the heart & soul of the original line-up. (IMHDO)

I'm in the same boat! I like redemption stories, so I'm rooting for Steven Adler to be a part of this. From what I understand he's remained clean over the last few years and he sounds much better and he looks much better. Izzy has always been a bit of a recluse, so I would be interested to see what he looks like these days. I still don't think I would have any interest in seeing them, because I saw them in '88, AND I will repeat, it can't be topped. The bang that I got for my buck back then from a very hungry band, and the unpredictability, etc... That being said, I hope they decide to have a reunion with all five original members.

Same goes for me as far as seeing them goes. I saw them in '87 at a large club venue in Nottingham just as thing were starting to happen for them and they were amazing, this was at the height of my thrash/punk snobbery and they still blew me the f**k away!

There is no way a bunch of tired old men could repeat that kind of intensity, no way!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 11:38 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
James B. wrote:

I'm in the same boat! I like redemption stories, so I'm rooting for Steven Adler to be a part of this. From what I understand he's remained clean over the last few years and he sounds much better and he looks much better. Izzy has always been a bit of a recluse, so I would be interested to see what he looks like these days.

I'm pretty sure Steven was in rehab about a year ago or so. He had cancelled some Alder band gigs and was off the wagon.

Izzy showed up on stage with Axl & Company at their show at the O2 in 2012. He looked pretty much the same as he did in 1988. Maybe a little more like Keith Richards Razz

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Izzy-gnr2012

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Axl-Rose-e-Izzy-Stradlin-em-2012

EDIT: Steven went back into rehab in 2013 for booze.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 11:42 am

[quote="Boris2008"]
metalinmyveins wrote:

Same goes for me as far as seeing them goes. I saw them in '87 at a large club venue in Nottingham just as thing were starting to happen for them and they were amazing, this was at the height of my thrash/punk snobbery and they still blew me the f**k away!

There is no way a bunch of tired old men could repeat that kind of intensity, no way!

That's pretty much how I feel. In my mind, it would be cool as hell to see a reunion, then the reality sets in and it's "David Lee Roth in 2015" all over again.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 4:02 pm

The reunion rumor is starting to gain some momentum on teh interwebs, however, the newest wrinkle in the leather pants is that it's only going to be Axl, Slash and Duff reuniting.

For reasons unknown, rhythm guitar and drums will be handled by current GnR members Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer respectively.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 9:18 am

Duff's most recent book made it sound like, while fences were mended between Izzy and Axl enough for Izzy to play with G'n'R live, Izzy doesn't really have any interest in rejoining the circus. At least, that was the impression I got.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 11:25 am

I can't say I blame him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy   Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guns n Roses Chinese Democracy
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25