Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chinese DEmocracy release date update

Go down 
+14
DeathCult
thejokeriv
Tall Tyrion
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
caniplaywithmadness?
mc666
MetalGuy71
sovdat
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
ghost
TheGooch
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Chinese DEmocracy release date update Empty
PostSubject: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 4:10 am

according to online store play.com chinese democracy will be released on 11.02.08 in the uk although this is the foruth new release date this year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 4:24 am

Pffft. Not news.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 4:29 am

I think 31. December 2025 is more realistic... just kidding Laughing
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:11 am

This album is soooo longcoming and so hyped, I doubt even the greatest of albums would be able to live up the hype.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:18 am

If and when it is ever released, will anyone still care??
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 9:24 am

I thought this was coming back in the late 90's or early 2000's?? Is this really the same thing? I guess it's been so long I completely forgot about it!
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:33 am

I think that's just Axl and a bunch of new guys.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:36 am

My friends and I had a running joke a few years ago about which would happen 1st. Our friend Fred would get a job (he was a perpetual slacker/pot-head), Chinese Democracy gets released or David Lee Roth gets back together with Van Halen? Well, I guess the jokes on us because 2 of those 3 things have happened. I guess when Axl finally gets it together, it will be the final sign of the appocolypse.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 10:36 am

sovdat wrote:

Yup, they should just call it "The Axl Rose and Friends Project" at this point.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:41 am

it will be the biggst flop in history i predict.

caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:45 am

mc666 wrote:

yeah i reckon so too
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:59 am

Look for it to be pushed back further.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:59 am

Required Fields wrote:
Look for it to be pushed back further.

Our grandchildren will still be waiting for this album to be released. lol!
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 12:02 pm

I think this album should actually be given "urban legend" status.

"Yah, I know a guy who knows a guy who was friends with a guy that actually HEARD Chinese Democracy!"

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 2:47 pm

IF CD ever sees the light of day, I predict it will be mediocre at best. The worst of the G'n'R catalogue.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 11:00 am

Quote :
If and when it is ever released, will anyone still care??

I think it will sell well for the first few weeks. Despite what the band has become, they still have a dedicated, hard-core fan base that will come out in droves to make the album a big seller. These will be the same fans that proclaim it to be the greatest album ever, worth the wait, Axl=God, blah, blah, blah.

The normal Axl-haters will tear the new album apart, no matter how good or bad it may actually be.

I think it's gonna be really hard for the cd to get a fair review, because it's gotta live up to GnR past releases and the lengthy wait. What album by any artist could live up to such hype?

Quote :

Will it be a great album? Hard to say at this point. It certainly will not live up to the 12+ year wait, but if Axl is this much of a control freak, he's not gonna put out a complete crap album. It won't be Appetite 2, but I don't think it will be horrible either.

Quote :

The way the music business is these days, a cd that sells 1 or 2 million is a "huge hit". I don't think we'll ever see 10 million sales for any artist, any genre anymore. But the way people are flocking to see the Van Halen & Police Reunions tell me that people are hungry for nostalgia and will buy any new GnR release, making it a success in sales terms. It won't make back the money is reportedly cost to record it, but I don't see it being a flop either. Axl and company still fill arenas when they play live worldwide. These are the same people that will buy the album. If and when it ever sees the light of day.

Like Dennis Miller says, "That's my opinion, but I could be wrong".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 1:53 pm

I won't believe it until it is actually in my hands and it probably won't actually sink in until quite a bit later.

I have a Chinese Democracy tour shirt from that ill-fated tour (it lasted maybe 6 shows or something?) a couple years ago when Buckethead was still in the band.

As far as knew stuff that is supossed to be for Chinese Democracy I have heard maybe 7-8 live songs, and that one that ended up on the radio until a cease and desist order came from Axl. All of it was pretty good stuff, but who knows if by now those will even make the album.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 9:14 pm

It will probably be released someday.... big first week and drop off the charts.

But, it is true that selling 3 million CD's today is like selling 10 million in the late 80's. I think the top seller last year sold 4 million copies in a year (and that was the high school musical soundtrack - lol). Metallica sold 2 million copies of St Anger and it made it a huge seller (not a hit since most people think it sucks)

I could care less if it is ever released - I'm not an axl hater, I just think he's annoying (I was never a big GnR fan)
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:52 am

Their is a new release date of the 24th of march 2008
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:01 am

TheGooch wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:01 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
TheGooch wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it. Laughing

And I'll believe it when Freddy sees it.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:05 am

yeah not that it will come out then i mean the promotion would have begun and knowing axl he will have it everywhere

its weird its taking so long considering their was a statement over a year ago saying the album was finished and just needed mixing
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:17 am

If anyone is longing to hear Axl's warble, try the new Sebastian Bach album, Angel Down. Not only does Axl do a fine job on the 3 tunes where he shares the mic with Bas, the entire cd is great. The music is heavy and Sebastian's voice is in fine form. Much better than his last solo cd.

We cranked out the Back in the Saddle cover at the hockey game last weekend as the team took the ice after being on the road. The crowd seemd to dig it. I had one guy on our crew ask me "Dude, is that Axl Rose? What rock did they find him under?"
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
If anyone is longing to hear Axl's warble, try the new Sebastian Bach album, Angel Down. Not only does Axl do a fine job on the 3 tunes where he shares the mic with Bas, the entire cd is great. The music is heavy and Sebastian's voice is in fine form. Much better than his last solo cd.

We cranked out the Back in the Saddle cover at the hockey game last weekend as the team took the ice after being on the road. The crowd seemd to dig it. I had one guy on our crew ask me "Dude, is that Axl Rose? What rock did they find him under?"

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:19 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Agreed, Bach's new CD is pretty damn good stuff. The production is kinda muddy though.

A while ago on Blabbermouth, some wise guy commented under a GNR post that "The new GNR has already been released... it's a 3-song EP called ANGEL DOWN, the rest of the tracks are sung by some other guy," hahaha

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chinese DEmocracy release date update   Chinese DEmocracy release date update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chinese DEmocracy release date update
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next