Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).

Go down 
+68
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Maidenfan8887
brokentulsa
DeathCult
ultmetal
TrogDawn
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
choosemetal
Boris2008
Iron Jos
Wurthless
BillyBoBo
Psychotron
TheOath
Dark Horseman
HeavyMetal
Orion Crystal Ice
vgmaster9
grizzgreen18
zavalita
Speedbreaker
Big Rich
Zlatko
Nickevil
James B.
BigThor
Olafsto
emruinas
Speedmetalfreak
weepee123
firestarter
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
exact33
Dellocatus
ProgDoom
Metal Misfit
Andy
Rawk Hawk
arachnoplasma
Spiner202
tgriffith1992
chewie
theraj662
scottmitchell74
romeolimagolf
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
stpatrik
mr.electric39
metalken
speed101
Joe
stormspell
mlotek
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Gilbert
nevermore
snooloui
Sword Of The Heretic
MoonChild
krokus
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Rawer, more punkish Accept sound. Not that bad.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 9:52 am

For those who don't know yet: There's a new Holy Grail Single out. The album is due to be released in january.

I like it quite a lot.

Another new single is by Enforcer. I like this one even more. Album will be out in february!

For those who use GooglePlus: I've created a community called "New Wave Of Traditional Heavy Metal". Feel free to join. I've already started a list, including the most important bands of the scene with a example video added to each. It's not completed yet (there are 14 acts so far), but it's cool to browse through the artist and look for some new stuff and news. Feel also free to post new stuff there. I think it's a good supplement to the forum! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:01 pm

That Holy Grail is rawkin'.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:43 pm

I really like both the Holy Grail and Enforcer tracks. I'm looking forward to hearing the entire albums from both.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Some other new NWOTHM are AXXION (with ex-members of SKULL FIST), and HITTEN (with IRON CURTAIN guitar player). AXXION has their first album out, on vinyl on the label HEAVY FORCES RECORDS. DEMONA is an other cool band on that label but they are more a speed metal band like IRON ANGEL or LIVING DEATH but with a female vocalist. Very cool lp they released this year.
SIBERIA is an other new band, from Spain and they released a cool demo named SOLDADOS DEL ASFALTO. Traditional heavy metal power. Very good and live too.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 4:26 am

Hmm. AXXION sounds good so far. But I have yet to listen to more songs by them.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 4:11 am

So, the new Holy Grail is out now (at least in Europe). Your thoughts? After a first listen, I think there are too many modern elements in there. There are a few good songs, though. I'll give it a second listen, before I make a final conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 9:42 am

I'm not sure how many people here are familiar with Screamer (Sweden), but they are awesome. Their new album, "Phoenix" is out soon (or maybe it just came out). I got a promo and it's killer. Here's the one song I've found on YouTube:

Their first album is even better!

Dellocatus wrote:
So, the new Holy Grail is out now (at least in Europe). Your thoughts? After a first listen, I think there are too many modern elements in there. There are a few good songs, though. I'll give it a second listen, before I make a final conclusion.

It's definitely more modern than their first album, but I did enjoy it overall. Some of the songs are brillant ("Crosswinds", "Sleep of Virtue", "Silence The Scream"), but there are a few weaker tracks too. I reviewed the album here: http://skullfracturingmetal.blogspot.ca/2013/01/holy-grail-ride-void.html
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 11:53 am

Now you've given me second thoughts? Have to give some listens before I buy.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 12:23 pm

The entire Holy Grail Riding the Void album is streaming here: http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/music_and_videos/holy-grail-stream-ride-the-void-in-full/

So far, I am lukewarm on it. It didn't grab my as much as Crisis In Utopia did upon first listen, and it's most definitely backloaded. Also, Luna does some weird stuff with his vocals on occasion. I will listen to it many times before reviewing it fully to see if it grabs me some more.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:36 pm

It's streaming on Spotify too...

My conclusion: I won't buy the record. There are a few good songs on it, but most of it is just too modern - don't know if it still can be considered as traditional heavy metal. I'd rather vote for a 'no'. Spiner is just right with his review:

Quote :
Despite the praise I’ve given to “Ride The Void”, it is not for everyone. If you were on the fence about the last record because of the questionable metal moments, you’ll definitely hate this album. There are more of those moments here

I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. Looking forward to the swedish releases now (Screamer and Enforcer).
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:50 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:

Rawer, more punkish Accept sound. Not that bad.

Zero Down is great.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
The entire Holy Grail Riding the Void album is streaming here: http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/music_and_videos/holy-grail-stream-ride-the-void-in-full/

So far, I am lukewarm on it. It didn't grab my as much as Crisis In Utopia did upon first listen, and it's most definitely backloaded. Also, Luna does some weird stuff with his vocals on occasion. I will listen to it many times before reviewing it fully to see if it grabs me some more.

I broke out Crisis in Utopia today just to refresh my memory. I recall not caring much for it when I first got it. It's definately gotten better since the last time I played it, but I'm still not blown away. Coupled with that and the lukewarm reception the new album is getting, I don't think I'll be investing any further with these guys.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 12:10 pm

I'm with MG, don't have the cash for albums that i'll be lukewarm about.
Back to top Go down
BillyBoBo
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:25 am

I think them belong here to Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 pm

That's a great song, have to check out more.
Back to top Go down
BillyBoBo
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 1:46 pm

For now they have only this single recorded whit new line up, and there are also two songs from the demo which was no so good as this. But as I know there are going in studio soon maybe even for an full length Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:20 pm

Wow. The new Enforcer is nothing short of breathtaking. And I mean this literally! Best release of the year so far!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 2:28 pm

Dellocatus wrote:
Wow. The new Enforcer is nothing short of breathtaking. And I mean this literally! Best release of the year so far!

I'm looking forward to getting the new Enforcer. headbanger
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm

Invisible Oranges are streaming the new Enforcer. I checked it out and it's a really good album!!!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:04 am

The new Enforcer is excellent! They have really delivered with this one.

Also, I have been listening to the new Holy Grail a lot and I really like it. I don't know why it didn't hit me on the first listen, but it's a total shred-fest.
Back to top Go down
Speedbreaker
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 9:17 am

We have a new song online, give it a try. Feedback would be awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6RBX5x8ws
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:47 am

Speedbreaker wrote:

Sounds great! It's definitely a very energetic sound, with loads of cool riffing. I wouldn't mind hearing a bit better production, but for a rough mix, it's still sounding quite good. Keep us updated headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:15 am

Speedbreaker wrote:

I don't care much for the vocals, but the riffs are fantastic. Nice solo, too. I'd say with better production, it would kick tons of ass.
Back to top Go down
Speedbreaker
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 11:18 am

I'm glad you guys like it, thanks a lot! I will keep you updated! Maybe you want to check out our facebook page for info: facebook.com/speedbreakerheavy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).
Page 10 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 18  Next