Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).

Go down 
+68
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Maidenfan8887
brokentulsa
DeathCult
ultmetal
TrogDawn
corplhicks
ZombieHavoc
choosemetal
Boris2008
Iron Jos
Wurthless
BillyBoBo
Psychotron
TheOath
Dark Horseman
HeavyMetal
Orion Crystal Ice
vgmaster9
grizzgreen18
zavalita
Speedbreaker
Big Rich
Zlatko
Nickevil
James B.
BigThor
Olafsto
emruinas
Speedmetalfreak
weepee123
firestarter
BearOnUnicycle
kmorg
exact33
Dellocatus
ProgDoom
Metal Misfit
Andy
Rawk Hawk
arachnoplasma
Spiner202
tgriffith1992
chewie
theraj662
scottmitchell74
romeolimagolf
Witchfinder
Lurideath
Alex Dee Rokket
stpatrik
mr.electric39
metalken
speed101
Joe
stormspell
mlotek
Shawn Of Fire
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
Thrasher73
Gilbert
nevermore
snooloui
Sword Of The Heretic
MoonChild
krokus
72 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
HeavyMetal
Metal novice
Metal novice
HeavyMetal

Number of posts : 33

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks! You commented on the list when I first made it, haha.

I own a few of the new stuff; a ton of the old, but many I listened to through YouTube and the bands' Facebook page. That's why I put the links in there for some of those unknown, unsigned bands. My RYM I use for only rating albums, I don't catalog anything there.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 4:12 pm

HeavyMetal wrote:
Thanks! You commented on the list when I first made it, haha.

I own a few of the new stuff; a ton of the old, but many I listened to through YouTube and the bands' Facebook page. That's why I put the links in there for some of those unknown, unsigned bands. My RYM I use for only rating albums, I don't catalog anything there.

Thats true \'arry \'eadbanger , i commented before on the list. I am most of the time drunk and i dont know what i am doing hahaha. Anyway, okay, i understand. You unly use RYM to rate albums, not to catalog. Thats fine too of course. The important thing is that you are buying albums by those bands, that the best thing because we like to keep our movement alive forever. Hail to youuuuuuuu.
Back to top Go down
HeavyMetal
Metal novice
Metal novice
HeavyMetal

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 10:52 pm

krokus wrote:
Thats true \'arry \'eadbanger , i commented before on the list. I am most of the time drunk and i dont know what i am doing hahaha. Anyway, okay, i understand. You unly use RYM to rate albums, not to catalog. Thats fine too of course. The important thing is that you are buying albums by those bands, that the best thing because we like to keep our movement alive forever. Hail to youuuuuuuu.

Haha, I know the feeling! Yeah I try to support this movement as much as possible. I run the NWOTHM page on Facebook as well to give these bands press and recognition. Sometimes it's hard to find these albums available to purchase, but we do the best we can I suppose, haha.

Check out the NWOTHM Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/NWOTHM
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 2:55 pm

HeavyMetal wrote:
krokus wrote:

Haha, I know the feeling! Yeah I try to support this movement as much as possible. I run the NWOTHM page on Facebook as well to give these bands press and recognition. Sometimes it's hard to find these albums available to purchase, but we do the best we can I suppose, haha.

Check out the NWOTHM Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/NWOTHM

Very good bro headbanger , i am going to check out your facebook page. Thanksss.
Back to top Go down
vgmaster9
Metal novice
Metal novice
vgmaster9

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Are there any known bands that are more NWOBHM-based, like early Iron Maiden and Raven?
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:33 pm

vgmaster9 wrote:
Are there any known bands that are more NWOBHM-based, like early Iron Maiden and Raven?

METAL INQUISITOR, WOLF and METALUCIFER are bands with a strong NWOBHM sound but they are not bands of the NWOTHM because they already released records many years before. Only bands that started around 2009/2010 releasing albums are part of the NWOTHM.
Back to top Go down
vgmaster9
Metal novice
Metal novice
vgmaster9

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 4:43 pm

krokus wrote:
vgmaster9 wrote:

METAL INQUISITOR, WOLF and METALUCIFER are bands with a strong NWOBHM sound but they are not bands of the NWOTHM because they already released records many years before. Only bands that started around 2009/2010 releasing albums are part of the NWOTHM.

I see, how about bands that are more blues-inspired, like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath?
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:24 pm

vgmaster9 wrote:

Check out Natur. They don't sound like Maiden or Raven but there is a NWOBHM influence to their sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:37 pm

Quote :
I see, how about bands that are more blues-inspired, like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Black Sabbath?

Check out the Swedish retro scene: Witchcraft, Graveyard, Siena Root, Grand Magus, Spiritual Beggars, Dead Man, etc.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:41 pm

Dexter Ward - Neon Lights

Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 4:47 am

vgmaster9 wrote:
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 5:49 am

Okay, new Bullet Single is out. I like it. Looking forward to the full Album that will be released in September. Album Teaser:

Another Album Teaser:

STRIKER - ARMED TO THE TEETH out in July.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 12:25 pm

That Striker makes me think of Riot, not a copy but as an influence. A good thing.
Back to top Go down
TheOath
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 1:55 pm

I quite enjoy most of the bands that form the NWOTHM scene. There are a few duds, like in every other subgenre, but it is nice to see that the majority is really pulling it off the right way.

My favorites are In Solitude and Portrait as I have always loved the darker, occult side of heavy metal Smile

If you haven't checked Trial yet, do yourself a favor and do it! Their debut album "Primordial Temple" is a catchy, dark heavy metal masterpiece with great vocals. I also enjoyed Borrowed Time quite a lot.

Now, if you tolerate a bit of shameless self-promotion, you can check out Vigilance from Slovenia, we have an EP out and the album is on the way! Very Happy
more music on: http://vigilanceofficial.bandcamp.com/

TRIAL

BORROWED TIME

VIGILANCE
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:43 pm

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 625644_349817818428210_233449239_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:58 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-of-the-Ost/dp/B006LMLY3I/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1344365855&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=stuka+sqaudron

Samples of a group called Stuka Squadron. Pretty good stuff.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:12 pm

stormspell wrote:
NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 625644_349817818428210_233449239_n

Is this the artwork to the new release?
Really like the Arcane Metal Arts disc; and I am looking forward to the new one. I like how they have tapped that late 70's vibe to their music.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Tales-of-the-Ost/dp/B006LMLY3I/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1344365855&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=stuka+sqaudron

Samples of a group called Stuka Squadron. Pretty good stuff.

Checked into these guys. Despite the gimmick, this is some pretty solid tunage. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:56 pm

metalken wrote:
stormspell wrote:

Is this the artwork to the new release?
Really like the Arcane Metal Arts disc; and I am looking forward to the new one. I like how they have tapped that late 70's vibe to their music.

Hmm....I'm pretty sure no one would go down on that chick.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:02 am

This is the art for the upcoming 7" EP on High Roller Records, the album will come a bit later this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:09 am

I just wonder whether there are any news, such as albums/songs having been released in the last few months or beeing due to be released soon. I'm not up to date with the scene right now, for I haven't got the time to dig in and look for news etc.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:10 pm

If any of you haven't heard Enforcer have signed a new deal with Nuclear Blast. Their new cd will be out in early Feb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Dellocatus wrote:
vgmaster9 wrote:

These guys are quite good, I definitely wouldn't classify them as metal, just good bluesy rock built on a Zeppelin/Free foundation.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 1:44 am

Does this count???

thought it was pretty straight up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Both of those are worth checking out more of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).   NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM). - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW WAVE OF TRADITIONAL HEAVY METAL (NWOTHM).
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next