Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Megadeth album any good?

Go down 
+38
krokus
Gilbert
Blueflame5-
metalheaded
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
shamgar75
Temple of Blood
Svengo
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
bgast1
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
tohostudios
Thrasher73
kmorg
powermacho
INVADERS
the sentinel
XYZ
ramreb
DeathCult
Addy
akeldama
Lurideath
MetalFRO
exact33
Smindas
sam
sheets
Troublezone
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
stormspell
fingers
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:45 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
My opinion still sticks about the drummer and bassist though. Boring...

That is probably what this boils down to for you... you're a drummer and the drums didn't impress.

Nah I don't base bands on drums or drummers. I base what I like on actual songs, how catchy they are, etc. If something gives me goosebumps within the first or second listen usually thats a good sign. I got no bumps what so ever so far from this album. How the drums are played or who plays them I could care less. I might judge the production of them from time to time but in this case the production of everything is fine it all just boils down to the actual songs themselves. One of my favorite bands is Lake Of Tears all of their songs have the same boring drum patters but I still think theyre great. Same goes for AC/DC.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So far, my only complaint is that it's over too soon! New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 108889 I'm on my 4th spin already.

That's what she said! New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
My opinion still sticks about the drummer and bassist though. Boring...

That is probably what this boils down to for you... you're a drummer and the drums didn't impress.

Nah I don't base bands on drums or drummers. I base what I like on actual songs, how catchy they are, etc. If something gives me goosebumps within the first or second listen usually thats a good sign. I got no bumps what so ever so far from this album. How the drums are played or who plays them I could care less. I might judge the production of them from time to time but in this case the production of everything is fine it all just boils down to the actual songs themselves. One of my favorite bands is Lake Of Tears all of their songs have the same boring drum patters but I still think theyre great. Same goes for AC/DC.

Then i guess it's like i said... ya can't please everyone. Seems like most people like it though.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Troublezone wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
So far, my only complaint is that it's over too soon! New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 108889 I'm on my 4th spin already.

Man, I walked right into that one!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:54 pm

Maybe I will too. Who knows I'll be listening to it in a few again. I was just waiting to hear something that would get me going like their older stuff used to.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:56 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Man, I walked right into that one!

hahaha Yea thats actually another one of my gripes to. The album just seems to end before you know it.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:01 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Maybe I will too. Who knows I'll be listening to it in a few again. I was just waiting to hear something that would get me going like their older stuff used to.

I don't know, "This Day We Fight" and "Headcrusher" were a nice return to form.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:44 pm

I have a question. This album as far as I know is only released today. How is you all were able to hear it?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 3:55 pm

bgast1 wrote:
I have a question. This album as far as I know is only released today. How is you all were able to hear it?

Required Fields, care to answer that one?

Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
bgast1 wrote:

Required Fields, care to answer that one?

That sheds a great deal of light onto the subject. New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Lol

I just picked it up at Best*** and I am loving it.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:53 pm

I've given it one casual spin all the way through so far... I like it. My first impression is that it sounds better than United Abominations (which had too much filler, I think).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:10 pm

Awesome. This fanboy is more then impressed and Chris Broderick really fits in well. Not RIP but it's a killer blend of SFSGSW and Youthanasia.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Got mine at Best Buy and am already up to the title track (I'll finish the rest in the morning). While nothing sticks in my head like on UA, the album is still awesome none the less. The leads are particularly kick ass!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:02 pm

I like this a lot. It feels like a familiar friend. The music is crisp and clear and it rocks!!

Alex

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Ok gave it another listen and nothing sticks. Headcrusher is decent, the intro isn't bad, This Day We Fight is ok, 44 Minutes started off cool but it just flopped, Sealed With A Kiss is somewhat memorable otherwise it'll be a while before I listen to this one again.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:44 pm

As soon as Sons Of Anarchy is over, Megadeth "Endgame" is going in the player!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 10:55 pm

Since I fell asleep trying to make it through United Abominations, I can definitely say it's more interesting than that album. This is the first Megadeth album I've really liked SINCE Rust In Peace.

There are a few turkeys on the album, mostly thanks to Dave's vocals (44 Minutes is laughably embarrassing). But for the most part it's a fun listen. Sure, it's mostly just guitar wankery noodling...but in a FUN WAY. New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_twisted

Caveats: As usual these days, the disc is mastered WAY too hot, more digital distortion all over the place trying to get it loud enough.

The recording of the bass guitar is awful, I'm beginning to think engineers have forgotten what a bass is supposed to sound like.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:55 am

detuned wrote:
Since I fell asleep trying to make it through United Abominations, I can definitely say it's more interesting than that album. This is the first Megadeth album I've really liked SINCE Rust In Peace.

There are a few turkeys on the album, mostly thanks to Dave's vocals (44 Minutes is laughably embarrassing). But for the most part it's a fun listen. Sure, it's mostly just guitar wankery noodling...but in a FUN WAY. New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_twisted

Caveats: As usual these days, the disc is mastered WAY too hot, more digital distortion all over the place trying to get it loud enough.

The recording of the bass guitar is awful, I'm beginning to think engineers have forgotten what a bass is supposed to sound like.
That's basically how I feel about it except I liked UA quite a bit. You'd think that with Dave essentially always trying to one-up Metallica that he'd at least not make the same mistake they did and do a crappy mastering job. Oh well, I guess everybody's doing it these days. Crying or Very sad

I certainly agree about the bass on this disc, it doesen't sound all that great. I guess a decent bass presence and sound left when Ellefson did.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 1:16 am

I just got it. I like everything except for the slow love song thing where he tries to sing. Tons of great solos all over the place and a few songs are full on thrash. I guess i like Headcrusher the best. It's definately right up there with Testament's last album... very good but not classic status.
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:49 am

Well I think it is as good as RIP............and it't over so quick because it's that good!
But then it is my biased opinion.

I also think if you can't find satisfication that they have not reclaimed their roots and done it brilliantly then you probably never will.
My thats a bold statement from me!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 6:53 am

I'm half way through my first listen and I have mixed views. The riffs are great - very enjoying Megadeth styled thrash. However, the song-writing itself is a bit hit and miss. What made albums like Rust In Peace so memorable was the fact that it was brilliantly written and had great hooks to complement all the riffs. Especially when it comes to choruses and what not, Endgame seems to be falling a bit flat. One of the good things about United Abominations was, whilst not perfect at all, was very catchy a lot of the time.

Still, seems like a good record so far. Might be a bit of a grower though.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 8:57 am

I am liking this album!!!!! I need to listen to it more and let it setlle before I can decided how it ranks.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 12:53 pm

I like the whole album except for two songs. The title track and that mellow one are the only two i don't like.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Gave it a second listen in the gym and I actually liked it a lot more. I guess it didn't quite click first time. However, that ballad track is appalling - it's as bad as 'Promises' on The World Needs A Hero.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:55 pm

Quote :
However, that ballad track is appalling - it's as bad as 'Promises' on The World Needs A Hero.

I wholeheartedly agree! His voice just does not sound good when he tries to sing. I can tolerate his shouting vocals though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megadeth album any good?
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next