Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...

Go down 
+24
metalinmyveins
fingers
GrandNational
DeathCult
exact33
jerseyultifan+
AchrisK
ryanmetalman
Schbopo
Stender
Temple of Blood
Black Coffee
MetalGuy71
mr.electric39
Metal Misfit
mc666
Smindas
Fat Freddy
akeldama
manny
Orion Crystal Ice
ultmetal
James B.
INVADERS
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Empty
PostSubject: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 am

From Blabbermouth:

Ex-MEGADETH Guitarist JEFF YOUNG Slams DAVE MUSTAINE Over GUITAR WORLD Comments - Dec. 18, 2009

Former MEGADETH guitarist Jeff Young has penned an open letter to the band's mainman Dave Mustaine, accusing him of, among other things, "dissing, exaggerating and just plain lying on some level about nearly every talented musician that has passed through his dysfunctional little ensemble."

"Until now, I chose to keep my mouth shut, even for the VH1 'Behind the Music' episode," Jeff writes on his official MySpace blog. "And boy, could I have eaten up some serious air time with the truth about what REALLY went on 'behind the music' in MEGADETH. But it's been well over twenty years and the guy just can't seem to stop himself.

"Here [Mustaine] goes again, bragging in the pages of Guitar World about how he allegedly sings the solo melodies to all his lead guitarists!!

"Seriously, folks? This guy should take his comedy act on the road, if you'll pardon the pun.

"I can't speak for the others but as exceptional as all the MEGADETH lead guys have been, I don't believe his preposterous yarn for a second.

"Regarding the 'So Far, So Good, So What?!'-era sessions: Mustaine was nowhere in the building during any of my rhythm or lead tracking sessions. And since I came into the process at the last minute, there were also NO band rehearsals whatsoever. So when, exactly, did he sing me those solos?

"Fact is, from what I heard of his unedited 'So Far, So Good, So What?!' lead tracks, the guy can barely play his own lead lines, let alone sing some of the stunning lines that Chris [Poland], Marty [Friedman] or Glen [Drover] played."

Jeff then addresses Dave directly, stating, "Let's be clear for the record: you were not in the studio with me during any of my tracking... not one song — not one second. You know it and I know it. You need to stop blatantly lying to your fans and in the media.

"Perhaps next time you look in the mirror with the ole' 'hello me, meet the real me' crap — you'll pause to consider why you feel the need to continually perpetuate ridiculous ox manur and belittle others in order to make yourself seem more significant or talented.

"You consider yourself a 'genius,' yet after all these years, you're still not smart enough to comprehend that when you diminish others, you dimish yourself most of all — even as you clearly telegraph your raging insecurity for anyone with an ounce of insight to see. You may also want to go back and re-read the lyrics you wrote in 'Liar'. Then consider the giant glass house you've built for yourself and put your silly little stones down, once and for all. At the very least for all the players that helped create all the success you now so arrogantly and selfishly enjoy."

Young concludes his missive by stating, "Oh, and while we're at it: you may want to stop telling the world that you invented the 'spider chord!' Classical guitarists commonly use that approach and it is considered part of the standard classical guitar technique, you fool."

====

I think it's good that someone has finally spoken up against Mustaine.
Megadeth is one of my fav bands but sometimes Mustaine talks loads of shite about previous members and other bands and it's about time someone shouted back....

Can't wait from the impending smurf poo-storm!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:17 am

drama.... there is usually three sides to every story. This persons version, that persons version and the truth. Jeff Young may be telling the truth, but his purpose after twenty something years isn't to set the story straight. It is to get himself some press.

I could care less

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:24 am

Mustaine is a marketing genius! The guys name is always in the headlines. Drama, drama, drama. It sells records, no doubt.

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:26 am

ultmetal wrote:
Mustaine is a marketing genius! The guys name is always in the headlines. Drama, drama, drama. It sells records, no doubt.

Lord knows the music itself isn't moving any units.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:28 am

Uhh. Point taken I guess but did he consider that the 'So Far, So Good..' sessions are...not exactly the best example of routine anything or how anything should be done, since Dave and the band were high as a kite the entire time..
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:42 am

I have to agree with Orion in regards to the recording sessions and James B. Jeff Young maybe telling the truth but I doubt it, fact of the matter is that since that album has been released Dave Mustaine has kept the Megadeth machine rolling with commerical and touring success.

Chris Poland has released solo albums and band projects that have gotten critical acclaim, Marty Friedman has successful career in Japan as a musician and is well respected guitartist.

As far Jeff Young he was fired from Megadeth and never heard from again, Jeff Young can kiss my ass.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:09 am

Thank you manny.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:11 am

If the legends of rampant drug abuse during the SO FAR, SO GOOD sessions are anywhere near the truth, then you have to take the "memories" of anyone (including Mustaine) from that period with a grain of salt anyway.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 am

My respect for Jeff Young has just gone up a lot. It's clear ox manur whenever Mustaine claims he sang solos to guitarists like Marty Friedman or Chris Poland. I'm just a bit sick of Mustaine constantly ripping on past members - I understand he didn't get along with them, but he makes a lot of clearly exaggerated claims about their "inability".

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:21 pm

I think he loves to bait and Jeff finally bit. I've read where Dave says good things about Marty, Chris and some of the others but I think he and Jeff never liked each other.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:24 pm

They are all lying. I played ALL the guitar solos on ALL the Megadeth albums! :weight:

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:26 pm

Only because I wrote them and you plagiarized me. I'm writing a tell all.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:47 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Lord knows the music itself isn't moving any units.

lol

anyway, Jeff shouldn't get so upset. it's not like any educated person believes Mustaine's exaggerated tales.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 1:49 pm

manny wrote:
I have to agree with Orion in regards to the recording sessions and James B. Jeff Young maybe telling the truth but I doubt it, fact of the matter is that since that album has been released Dave Mustaine has kept the Megadeth machine rolling with commerical and touring success.

Chris Poland has released solo albums and band projects that have gotten critical acclaim, Marty Friedman has successful career in Japan as a musician and is well respected guitartist.

As far Jeff Young he was fired from Megadeth and never heard from again, Jeff Young can kiss my ass.

Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... 201269
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 2:36 pm

ultmetal wrote:
They are all lying. I played ALL the guitar solos on ALL the Megadeth albums! :weight:

Only after I sang 'em to you....

:glee:
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:00 pm

My only question is, Why now?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:12 pm

Has anyone actually seen the Guitar World article Jeff's talking about? Not that I doubt Dave's ability to be a douchy jackass, but could something have been taken out of context or something?

Metal student
Metal student
Black Coffee

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:18 pm

When Dave "sang" the guitar parts to the other guitarists, I wonder if it sounded like these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASONIYXRNtg

Note the incredible vocal prowess on the solos. Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... 11840
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:31 pm

I love Dave, but Jeff is right here.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 3:37 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
They are all lying. I played ALL the guitar solos on ALL the Megadeth albums! Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... 746178

Only after I sang 'em to you....

Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... 564665

You beat me to it man!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:19 pm

I'm gonna have to side with Jeff on this one. There's something about him being this little scrawny guitar-playing nerd in a metal band that makes him seem sincere.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:30 pm

Schbopo wrote:
I'm gonna have to side with Jeff on this one. There's something about him being this little scrawny guitar-playing nerd in a metal band that makes him seem sincere.

He could still take you man. Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:50 pm

As the saying goes..."There is no such thing as bad publicity." Drama sells, but I'm not buying... I'm a fan of Megadeth because IMO Megadeth makes good music. Yes, it disappoints me that Dave Mustaine would say bad things about former band mates. However this fails to change my opinion of the music.

If I were to base my like or dislike of an artists art based on their private lives and personal issues, then I would have no artists to appreciate- secular or Christian alike.

Personally I feel like polarizing on the issue of Jeff Young versus Dave Mustaine is pointless. We could sit here and do the same thing with Dave Mustaine versus James Hetfield, or Timothy Gaines versus Micheal Sweet, and so on.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:38 pm

mc666 wrote:

lol

anyway, Jeff shouldn't get so upset. it's not like any educated person believes Mustaine's exaggerated tales.

Yeah. I am always suspicious when Mustaine starts telling stories. Too bad.
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
They are all lying. I played ALL the guitar solos on ALL the Megadeth albums! Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... 746178

i ask you,folks,is there no end to ult's incredible talents!!! Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... 328982 Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... 795291
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...   Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ex-Megadeth Guitarist Jeff Young gives Mustaine a good telling off...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next