Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Megadeth album any good?

Go down 
+38
krokus
Gilbert
Blueflame5-
metalheaded
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
shamgar75
Temple of Blood
Svengo
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
bgast1
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
tohostudios
Thrasher73
kmorg
powermacho
INVADERS
the sentinel
XYZ
ramreb
DeathCult
Addy
akeldama
Lurideath
MetalFRO
exact33
Smindas
sam
sheets
Troublezone
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
stormspell
fingers
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:23 am

Quote :
Anything is possible but the illegal downloading is what's responsible for the much lower sales

And the fact that most of MEGADETH 's fans are older people who became fans 20 years ago and probably think the band broke up after they stopped listening to them.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:28 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Just read in Metal Hammer that, according to Dave himself, the next MEGADETH record (following Endgame) will be the last. Quote- "I've got one more and I'm done. My hands are falling apart and I need back surgery..."

That would suck, on the other hand I'll believe it when I see it.

Remember, Dave also said that THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED was going to be the "last" Megadeth record back in '04, and "Megadeth is over" when he injured his arm during the WORLD NEEDS A HERO era Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Just read in Metal Hammer that, according to Dave himself, the next MEGADETH record (following Endgame) will be the last. Quote- "I've got one more and I'm done. My hands are falling apart and I need back surgery..."

That would suck, on the other hand I'll believe it when I see it.

Remember, Dave also said that THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED was going to be the "last" Megadeth record back in '04, and "Megadeth is over" when he injured his arm during the WORLD NEEDS A HERO era New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_lol

Yea, I'm not buying that either. Even if he takes an "extended break", he'll come back to making music. They always do. Noone stays retired anymore. Right, Mr. Farve? New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_lol

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:15 pm

Lots of cool playing. No memorable songs. No aggression in the vocals. No band feeling. Great production. Crisp sound. It's Megadave!

My first impression....

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:22 pm

He'll take a break and come back, i'd bet on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:33 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
He'll take a break and come back, i'd bet on it.

If his hands are in as bad a shape as he's alluding to, I'd doubt it. He still has a year's worth of touring to do with, apparently, a bad back and bad hands...the touring alone will take its toll. At his age, w/ possibility debilitating conditions, he could very well pull the plug after one more album...he even said it'll depend on how he feels after the tour whether he even does one more record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:39 pm

I think he'll miss the limelight and the playing. It's hard to know with Dave how serious he is about anything. We'll see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 12:42 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I think he'll miss the limelight and the playing. It's hard to know with Dave how serious he is about anything. We'll see.

Oh, if this was just one of those "I'm tired, it's time" kind of things I'd agree with you. But he keeps mentioning his hands and his back. Back surgery is pretty serious and if a guitarists' hands are giving him trouble (or beginning to) it could seriously hinder his playing...at the least he may have to have hand surgery as well...EVH did.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:46 am

A true success. Their best since the mighty RUST IN PEACE New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Headbang
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:41 pm

Don't know if anyone heard this or not but I was at Barnes and Noble looking through Metal Hammer and found this out in a interview with Dave. One more album after this and he's done! He said his hands are falling apart and feels that it's time to permanently hang Megadeth up after one more album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 4:46 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Don't know if anyone heard this or not but I was at Barnes and Noble looking through Metal Hammer and found this out in a interview with Dave. One more album after this and he's done! He said his hands are falling apart and feels that it's time to permanently hang Megadeth up after one more album.

Yeah I'd read that on here somewhere.I think maybe Shawn started a thread about it.That would really suck while he's putting out such great material.But in the end He has to think about his health.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:10 am

I think just going through a divorce has him a little down right now, I hope he doesn't quit!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:16 pm

I bought this cd today. My fave since COUNTDOWN TO EXTINCTION. ENDGAME is the first album that realy made me happy like CTE did in 1992. Okay, some of their later albums had some good songs on it, but the ENDGAME have many more and its just great, specialy all those glory guitar solos.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:06 pm

*deep sigh* Well, I guess if I want to keep my title as a Megadeth fanboy, I have to go out and buy this. Maybe I'll like it more with repeated spins, but I can't say I'm currently very fond of it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:40 pm

Schbopo wrote:
*deep sigh* Well, I guess if I want to keep my title as a Megadeth fanboy, I have to go out and buy this. Maybe I'll like it more with repeated spins, but I can't say I'm currently very fond of it.

Quit whining and go get it already. New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 12:07 pm

I really cant stop listening to this cd. I am very pleased! There are some riffs on this that bring back the days of Peace Sells and Killing is my business.. Bravo Dave! Bravo!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:05 pm

Dave sounding off again about Roadrunner:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=130721

Quote :

"I hope that everyone that is in a band and has been watching how things have transpired are taking notes. This record [MEGADETH's 'Endgame'] has been out for weeks and weeks, and no radio play from the radio person at Roadrunner [Records, MEGADETH's record label], nothing. Zero.

"But that should be expected; this is the same guy I HAD TO ASK to get me interviews. Talk about a Gomer moment!

"Now, I am going to be forced to rely on my own radio station to play MEGADETH, but that's OK, I seem to be doing the label's job every day, in every city, and I am used to it after these last two records.

New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_lol

Okay, so who does he sign with for the next album? Nuclear Blast?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:07 am

I'm still not overly fond of this album. I've listened to it a fair amount and whilst I don't dislike it, I really don't get what the fuss is about. In fact, all my opinions on it are better elaborated on here; http://anassortmentofreviews.blogspot.com/2009/11/megadeth-endgame.html

And yes, that was a bit of a shameless plug.

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:15 am

I really dug it when I first heard it, but the lack of memorable songwriting kind of makes it a non-event. Fun while it's playing...but it vanishes into the ether after it's over.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:18 am

detuned wrote:
I really dug it when I first heard it, but the lack of memorable songwriting kind of makes it a non-event. Fun while it's playing...but it vanishes into the ether after it's over.

I know the feeling.
That describes waay to many albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:26 am

detuned wrote:

Im in the same boat now, after the inital wave of relief that we have another hard hitting Deth record finally. But everything is on Mach 12 on the record. There are a few songs I remember and enjoy quite well, but theres not much substance that sticks in your head.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 11:59 am

Shoot, this sticks in my head like Lindsay Lohan sticks her finger down her throat. Wait, what does that mean?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 1:16 pm

DeathCult wrote:
detuned wrote:

Im in the same boat now, after the inital wave of relief that we have another hard hitting Deth record finally. But everything is on Mach 12 on the record. There are a few songs I remember and enjoy quite well, but theres not much substance that sticks in your head.

I've been saying that since September. It's great while it's playing, but as soon as it's over, I forget about it. The music is great, but the songwriting/lyrics leave something to be desired. Very little sticks with me after all is said & done.

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:55 pm

So you have memory problems. You are getting old.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 5:18 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
So you have memory problems. You are getting old.

And my bursitis is acting up again. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a ball in my front yard that I have to take. Those kid's have been warned for the last time. Now it's mine. New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 251456

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megadeth album any good?
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next