Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?

Go down 
+5
Shawn Of Fire
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
Olafsto
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Empty
PostSubject: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:49 am

Owning most of Megadeth`s albums and enjoying most, i still can`t help thinking how much more i would love them without Dave`s annoying vocals (to my ears that is). I think it`s getting worse by each album he puts out so the last two i have not even bothered getting.
I have lots of Maiden, Metallica, Priest and Thin Lizzy tributes but no Megadeth....
Soo are there any tribute albums you would recommend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:19 am

Hmm, I don't think any of their tribute albums are great but there are a few individual cover songs that people have done that are good.

The first one that comes to mind is FATAL INFLUENCE - "Hook in Mouth".
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:28 am

The only Megadeth tribute album I'm aware of is called "MEGADED" and it sucks.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The only Megadeth tribute album I'm aware of is called "MEGADED" and it sucks.

I'll second that. My buddy has it. I head it once and it was terrible. That's the only full tribute album that I'm aware of. If there are any others out there, they must be pretty bad as well if noone here knows of them.

The Italian band Boarders does an alright cover of 'In My Darkest Hour' on the World Hates Me album. Nothing spectacular, but decent enough.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:48 am

Took this right from Megadeth's message boards, orignally posted in 2008...

Quote :
There are a few Megadeth tribute albums floating around out there, most notably 1999's Megaded: A Tribute to Megadeth, which featured death metal covers. It was re-released in 2007 as This Is the News.

In 2005, Europe and Argentina saw the release of Hangar Of Souls/Hangar De Almas, an album of Argentinean and European bands paying tribute, most notably Paul Di'Anno, former lead singer of Iron Maiden.

The latest tribute to be released is by 'Metal Allstars', who offer a different take on some Megadeth classics.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:24 am

That Fatal Influence version is really good..
Metal Allstars i haven`t heard of, will check that out.
Isn`t it very strange that there are so few known bands covering Megadeth? Youtube is floating over with Metallica covers from A class metal bands but no one bothers to touch Megadeth. Maybe they aren`t as influential as Dave thinks?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 am

Quote :
Isn`t it very strange that there are so few known bands covering Megadeth? Youtube is floating over with Metallica covers from A class metal bands but no one bothers to touch Megadeth. Maybe they aren`t as influential as Dave thinks?

I'd like to think that folks aren't as talented enough as Megadeth. But that's just one fan-boy's opinion. Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? 506406

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:14 pm

Here's Blatant Disarray doing a good cover of "Holy Wars...The Punishment Due":

http://tribunalrecords.bandcamp.com/track/holy-wars-the-punishment-due

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 1:07 pm

I really don't see the point in doing tribute albums for bands that are still active/recording/touring...unless you do something COMPLETELY different with the material.

Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

headbanger
Is the album digital only?
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

headbanger
Is the album digital only?

Yes...for now.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:40 pm

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 9:53 pm

i know one - Kill em All!!!!

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Olafsto wrote:
That Fatal Influence version is really good..
Metal Allstars i haven`t heard of, will check that out.

Most of their stuff is VERY hard to play! Much harder than any of the other big metal bands.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:24 am

Probably best to turn this into a Great Megadeth Covers thread, then you can make your own tribute album. Haha.

I've always thought these two were great Megadeth covers:

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 4:33 am

If you come across Megaded and This is The News, it's quite possible they are the same album with a different cover. I've listened to This is the News and when I checked the listing for Megaded they had the same 12 song titles. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 am

Grimmo wrote:
If you come across Megaded and This is The News, it's quite possible they are the same album with a different cover.

They are the same album. MG posted this earlier in the thread:

MetalGuy71 wrote:
There are a few Megadeth tribute albums floating around out there, most notably 1999's Megaded: A Tribute to Megadeth, which featured death metal covers. It was re-released in 2007 as This Is the News.

...but whatever title it's under, it still sucks. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Grimmo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Grimmo wrote:
If you come across Megaded and This is The News, it's quite possible they are the same album with a different cover.

They are the same album. MG posted this earlier in the thread:

MetalGuy71 wrote:

...but whatever title it's under, it still sucks. Very Happy

Oops, sorry, I should have read the thread a little more carefully to see that the point had already been made. My bad. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?   Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any good Megadeth tribute albums out there?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: