Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Megadeth album any good?

Go down 
+38
krokus
Gilbert
Blueflame5-
metalheaded
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
shamgar75
Temple of Blood
Svengo
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
bgast1
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
tohostudios
Thrasher73
kmorg
powermacho
INVADERS
the sentinel
XYZ
ramreb
DeathCult
Addy
akeldama
Lurideath
MetalFRO
exact33
Smindas
sam
sheets
Troublezone
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
stormspell
fingers
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:58 pm

Well it's making my head whip around and that's what I want in thrash.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 11:57 am

OK, finally giving it a spin..."This Day We Fight" is vicious! New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Headbang
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:30 pm

metalheaded wrote:
It's an awesome album. The whole thing. Even 'The Hardest Part Of Letting Go' (the ballad). No filler on this one.

Come on, guys. Quit being so finicky. He could've gone nu-metal, or something, a long time ago. He could've quit doing metal altogether. But that's just not in him.
It's not being 'finicky', it's merely discussing the good and bad aspects of the album. It's good, but I honestly don't herald it as the rebirth of classic Megadeth that everyone else does. Musically, it's great, but Dave's song-writing as dropped. Hopefully on the next one he can get the balance perfect.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:35 pm

Smindas wrote:
metalheaded wrote:
It's an awesome album. The whole thing. Even 'The Hardest Part Of Letting Go' (the ballad). No filler on this one.

Come on, guys. Quit being so finicky. He could've gone nu-metal, or something, a long time ago. He could've quit doing metal altogether. But that's just not in him.
It's not being 'finicky', it's merely discussing the good and bad aspects of the album. It's good, but I honestly don't herald it as the rebirth of classic Megadeth that everyone else does. Musically, it's great, but Dave's song-writing as dropped. Hopefully on the next one he can get the balance perfect.

I'm with you on this on Smindas. He needs to find the balance between melody & aggression.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:43 pm

I talk about it more on my blog, but in brief-- I like it and I like it better than UA... even if there are no songs that immediately grab hold of you. I don't think it's a classic or anything, but it's a nice blend of their '80s & '90s styles.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 5:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

He needs to find the balance between melody & aggression.

It was called "United Abominations".
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:21 pm

Schbopo wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

No, it was Peace Sells... i.e. "Devils Island"
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:45 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

No, it was Peace Sells... i.e. "Devils Island"

Agreed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 9:58 pm

I wonder about saying whether it's classic or not already. Albums need to be out a while before that can truly be judged, though I admit, I do it too. What if this had come out right after Countdown?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 7:20 am

I think it's more intense than the last couple of albums...more aggressive, IMO.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:17 am

I've listened to it about 3 times so far and I think it is very good. I agree with Shawn that it has more intensity at times than much of their recent work.

It brings back a lot of the rapid fire trade-off soloing that I think is one of the things MEGADETH does better than pretty much any metal band. That is the strongest point of this disc IMHO.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 9:27 am

Picked it up this morning... now on my second spin... and I'm a-diggin' it! High speed guitar mayhem, angry snarled vocals... yep, sounds like Megadeth to me. 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:45 am

Love the tight riffing on the first song!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:41 am

Got mine in the mail yesterday.Liking what I hear so far.Time will tell how memorable it is.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:49 pm

Has anybody posted the video for "Headcrusher" yet? This is the first time I've seen it.

So anyway, I've given ENDGAME a buncha spins today and I have no complaints. I even like the song "44 Minutes" and the ballad ("The Hardest Part of Letting Go") that seem to be getting so much hate. Guess I'm just a Deth fanboy. New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_lol

Granted, the overly political lyrics that pepper this album (especially in the title track - "Attention! All citizens are ordered to report to their District Detention Centers...") sometimes sound like the ravings of a crazy homeless guy outside a bus station, but what the hell, that's Dave all over. I don't have to agree with his politics to dig his songs.

And DAMN does the Mustaine/Broderick guitar team rip some serious a$$ on this thing or what? New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 877540

Based on a half dozen plays I'd say that ENDGAME is already the equal of UNITED ABOMINATIONS (which I loved) and may surpass it in my book as time goes on...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Blueflame5-
Metal novice
Metal novice
Blueflame5-

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:22 pm

Just got it a couple days ago, it kicks ass! btw is it just me or is thrash making a comeback?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:48 am

ENDGAME will debut at #9 on the Billboard charts in the U.S. this week.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Wonder how that translates sales wise.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:08 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Wonder how that translates sales wise.

Blabbermouth sez it sold 46,000 in its first week.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:12 pm

Not bad for todays sales market. Man, 15 years ago I would've bet they'd be at 250,000.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:27 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ENDGAME will debut at #9 on the Billboard charts in the U.S. this week.

New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Headbang Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 5:37 pm

During grunge's reign of terror Pantera went #1 on the billboard charts with Far Beyond Driven. Anything is possible but the illegal downloading is what's responsible for the much lower sales
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 6:39 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Anything is possible but the illegal downloading is what's responsible for the much lower sales

Nope. It's because new music sucks. New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:26 am

Just read in Metal Hammer that, according to Dave himself, the next MEGADETH record (following Endgame) will be the last. Quote- "I've got one more and I'm done. My hands are falling apart and I need back surgery..."
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 7:42 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Just read in Metal Hammer that, according to Dave himself, the next MEGADETH record (following Endgame) will be the last. Quote- "I've got one more and I'm done. My hands are falling apart and I need back surgery..."

Thats too bad.He's putting out some stellar material these days.I hate to see them fold it up.Of course he's gotta do whats best for him.Endgame is my favorite since R.I.P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megadeth album any good?
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next