Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Megadeth album any good?

Go down 
+38
krokus
Gilbert
Blueflame5-
metalheaded
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
shamgar75
Temple of Blood
Svengo
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
bgast1
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
tohostudios
Thrasher73
kmorg
powermacho
INVADERS
the sentinel
XYZ
ramreb
DeathCult
Addy
akeldama
Lurideath
MetalFRO
exact33
Smindas
sam
sheets
Troublezone
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
stormspell
fingers
42 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

New Megadeth album any good? Empty
PostSubject: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:45 am

New Megadeth album is out just wandering if any of you have bought it I nearly bought it at JB HIFI 2day
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:53 am

After just few spins I can say it is better than the recent ones, but definitely cannot touch the classics. Somewhat similar to Youthanasia maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:16 am

You can hear almost the entire album on the band's MySpace. I think the new CD sounds fantastic!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:30 am

I liked the track "Headcrusher" a lot but haven't heard the rest of it yet.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:03 am

I thought it comes out offically on Tuesday. They had bootleg copies at the metal market in Mexico City last weekend, but I would rather buy from the band than an illegal, CD rom version with a printed-out copy of the cover.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:16 am

From what i've heard on their myspace i'd say it will be a 9/10 record. It sounds really good! I still don't like the cover art, but oh well... the solos are tight and technical which is another plus. I also like the high energy level of the majority of the songs.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:36 am

stormspell wrote:
After just few spins I can say it is better than the recent ones, but definitely cannot touch the classics. Somewhat similar to Youthanasia maybe.

Since I like Youthanasia I'm perfectly fine with that Smile
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:10 am

It kicks ass!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:13 am

Not out over here, but I'm looking forward to getting it next week.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:19 am

Ill swing by wally world and see if they have tonight...

Alex

MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:30 pm

I just finished streaming this (literally seconds ago!), and I must say I like what I'm hearing. I'll definitely pick it up, though I think "Headcrusher" spoiled us all a bit. I was hoping for an all-out thrash-fest, but what we get is a consistent album of thrash-infused metal that is more solid & consistent than its predecessor. Still not liking the "new" Vic Rattlehead look, though it's not on the cover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:51 pm

The new album is the best they have done since "So Far. So Good. So What"! The riffing on here is amazing, the leads are great, the songs are good. People said that on the last album that Megadeth were back. They weren't! NOW they are back to being a damn good band again! Andy Sneap really brought out the classic band again on this new album. I can finally say I like a new Megadeth album!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Lurideath wrote:
The new album is the best they have done since "So Far. So Good. So What"! The riffing on here is amazing, the leads are great, the songs are good. People said that on the last album that Megadeth were back. They weren't! NOW they are back to being a damn good band again! Andy Sneap really brought out the classic band again on this new album. I can finally say I like a new Megadeth album!!

Ohhh....finally a review I can believe isn't tainted. I'm interested now....thanks Shannon! Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:56 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Ohhh....finally a review I can believe isn't tainted. I'm interested now....thanks Shannon! Smile

and he doesn't compliment that often so that is a big thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Troublezone wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

Ohhh....finally a review I can believe isn't tainted. I'm interested now....thanks Shannon! New Megadeth album any good? Icon_smile

especially megadeth!! I hope wally world has it..

and he doesn't compliment that often so that is a big thumbs up.

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:17 pm

I love UA and this is sounding better then that.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:20 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I love UA and this is sounding better then that.

This is like UA but with more "Sleepwalker" type songs.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:33 pm

I've had it for a little while and I can't get enough of it.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:34 pm

No problem guys! Glad to help on this one!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:00 pm

sheets wrote:
stormspell wrote:

Since I like Youthanasia I'm perfectly fine with that Smile

This makes me want to get it even more I love Youthanasia
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 4:01 pm

Just bought it today, easily the best since Rust In Peace
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:13 pm

As good as rust in peace! ....I reckon, this has plenty of Thrashin'.........This day we fight song may be better than Headcrusher!
This latest smokes.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:53 pm

It's ok. Don't know if it lives up to the massive amount of hype it's been given, but it's good to see Megadeth putting out another good album. "Head Crusher" is by far the best song on the album.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Lurideath wrote:

Really! I am certainly inrtrigued now as I really like Countdown, Youthanasia and TWNAH a lot. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 7:57 pm

XYZ wrote:
It's ok. Don't know if it lives up to the massive amount of hype it's been given, but it's good to see Megadeth putting out another good album. "Head Crusher" is by far the best song on the album.

I heard EVH played a guest solo on it. New Megadeth album any good? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megadeth album any good?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next