Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Megadeth album any good?

Go down 
+38
krokus
Gilbert
Blueflame5-
metalheaded
Mglaffas81
Schbopo
shamgar75
Temple of Blood
Svengo
DallasBlack
Metal Misfit
bgast1
MetalGuy71
A Handful of Wayne
nevermore
tohostudios
Thrasher73
kmorg
powermacho
INVADERS
the sentinel
XYZ
ramreb
DeathCult
Addy
akeldama
Lurideath
MetalFRO
exact33
Smindas
sam
sheets
Troublezone
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
stormspell
fingers
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Troublezone wrote:
XYZ wrote:
It's ok. Don't know if it lives up to the massive amount of hype it's been given, but it's good to see Megadeth putting out another good album. "Head Crusher" is by far the best song on the album.

I heard EVH played a guest solo on it. New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_razz

Never mind, the album rocks!! New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
ramreb
Metal novice
Metal novice
ramreb

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:10 am

This day we fight, kicks ass! I think its better than Headcrusher.
I'm reluctant to listen to anything before at the moment as this is so damn good.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:23 am

sounds excellent. better than UA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:05 am

I agree with Deathcult, the best Megadeth album since Rust In Peace...easy.

New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 877540
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:45 am

I checked it out from their myspace and all I can say is

I MUST HAVE THIS!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 8:22 pm

I checked it out on Myspace yesterday and I was VERY impressed. I've liked their recent stuff just fine but this is certainly the best they've done since their glory days.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:35 pm

I will be picking this up on Tuesday - Best Buy will have it for $9.99
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 10:46 pm

wow, since when is this out? I passed trough the mall yesterday to get a gift, but I didn't know the album was out already New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Angry .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 11:25 pm

Not out in the states until the 15th.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 12:51 am

TheNazgul wrote:
Not out in the states until the 15th.

Thats what you think Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:14 am

powermacho wrote:
wow, since when is this out? I passed trough the mall yesterday to get a gift, but I didn't know the album was out already New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Angry .

It's not actually "out" till Tuesday the 15th but it's already "out" if you know where to look... if you know what I mean. (wink wink nudge nudge, say no more)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 8:25 am

"Does she go? Aye? He asks him knowingly. Does she like photography? Ya know, snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, say no more!

A Nods as good a wink to a blind bat!"
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:58 am

detuned wrote:
"Does she go? Aye? He asks him knowingly. Does she like photography? Ya know, snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, say no more!

Yep - like I said, it's all over the Metal Market in Mexico City. If anyone ever gets to Mexico City, you MUST hit the metal market - that place is AWESOME!!!!! There are actually a few things for sale that aren't black market items!!!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 pm

According to a website I was on, Dave Mustaine (ex-Megadeth(????!)) has a birthday today.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:14 am

Anyone wanting to pick this up at a decent price today,Half.com has it for 7.99 plus shipping.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:16 am

Nevermind,I guess I got the only one. Cool
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:39 am

thejokeriv wrote:
detuned wrote:

Yep - like I said, it's all over the Metal Market in Mexico City. If anyone ever gets to Mexico City, you MUST hit the metal market - that place is AWESOME!!!!! There are actually a few things for sale that aren't black market items!!!
I have a friend that goes to mexico once in a while, where exactly is the metal market?, he usually goes to Puebla. I want him to get me from savatage and metal church shirts. do you think I could get any?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:47 am

powermacho wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
detuned wrote:

I have a friend that goes to mexico once in a while, where exactly is the metal market?, he usually goes to Puebla. I want him to get me from savatage and metal church shirts. do you think I could get any?

It's like a flea market in Mexico City - they have TONS of shirts and TONS of vendors. I don't know if they have one in Puebla.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 9:54 am

detuned wrote:

Damn! I don't like Megadeth much so I missed my chance to get in on a Python quotefest.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:35 pm

detuned wrote:
I agree with Deathcult, the best Megadeth album since Rust In Peace...easy.

New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 877540

I have to agree as well! New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Headbang
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:57 pm

I listened to some of it in the car already - sounds AWESOME!!!! I will listen to the whole thing tonight. The production sounds GREAT!!!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:06 pm

Got to listen to this today. I got mine yesturday, autographed and thats probably the coolest thing about it. Maybe its because how I listened to it at work but I just didn't get into many of the songs. Usually if a song is good I will pick up on it right away but I was waiting for that to happen and as soon as I knew it the album was done. I don't think its as great as people are saying it is. Basically all they are now is a guitar oriented band and they aren't putting too much attention on the songs them selves. I will be listening to this once I get back in my truck but I don't see that I will like it any more or less than I do now. Headcrusher has grown on me now a little but I still think its a weak song for Megadeth. The bass player isn't that good and his sound is crap, the drummer whats his name again shawn Drover? I think hes horrible too. Megadeth always had musicians who would really use their instruments these guys just seem to do the basics and let dave do all the work. Its a shame cause Broderick is a great guitar player in Jag Panzer. But maybe im wrong about the album though I will find out later on. My opinion still sticks about the drummer and bassist though. Boring...

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:19 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Got to listen to this today. I got mine yesturday, autographed and thats probably the coolest thing about it. Maybe its because how I listened to it at work but I just didn't get into many of the songs. Usually if a song is good I will pick up on it right away but I was waiting for that to happen and as soon as I knew it the album was done. I don't think its as great as people are saying it is. Basically all they are now is a guitar oriented band and they aren't putting too much attention on the songs them selves. I will be listening to this once I get back in my truck but I don't see that I will like it any more or less than I do now. Headcrusher has grown on me now a little but I still think its a weak song for Megadeth. The bass player isn't that good and his sound is crap, the drummer whats his name again shawn Drover? I think hes horrible too. Megadeth always had musicians who would really use their instruments these guys just seem to do the basics and let dave do all the work. Its a shame cause Broderick is a great guitar player in Jag Panzer. But maybe im wrong about the album though I will find out later on. My opinion still sticks about the drummer and bassist though. Boring...

Even Rust in Peace has it's detractors. I guess you can't please everyone all the time. New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:23 pm

Quote :
My opinion still sticks about the drummer and bassist though. Boring...

That is probably what this boils down to for you... you're a drummer and the drums didn't impress.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 2:38 pm

So far, my only complaint is that it's over too soon! New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 108889 I'm on my 4th spin already.

PostSubject: Re: New Megadeth album any good?   New Megadeth album any good? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Megadeth album any good?
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next