Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...

Go down 
+25
Schbopo
metalinmyveins
bgast1
stepcousin
mc666
Required Fields
powermacho
tohostudios
Thrasher73
GrandNational
XYZ
Dave the Boss
sheets
thejokeriv
sam
MetalGuy71
James B.
manny
Stender
Temple of Blood
Troublezone
Shiney
Fat Freddy
T-Roy
ultmetal
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:13 pm

The most pathetic thing regarding these statements, is how these bloggers are so quick to judge their fellow man........... based on some patches. Maybe this is unfair, but I guess that I expect more from the secular community (even if these thoughts might be a minority view). I expect knee jerk reactions, and the condemning of individuals to come from those who don't have a personal connection with God.

Regarding the gentleman who thought it would be fitting to demonize the drug/alcohol secular metal community: Is he including bands such as Motley Crue and Megadeth, because he partook in that lifestyle himself? Were these bands enabling him with his possible dependency issues? Did this person become born again as a result? I've been listening to those bands for the better part of 25 years. If their music is so morally corrupt, why have I not turned to a lifestyle of drugs and alcohol? I find it hilarious how often heavy metal is a scapegoat for people's personal demons in life. God forbid that the negativity in their life was a byproduct of their home life, the people they surrounded themselves with, or the other myriad of devices that would lead them on a path of destruction.

I wonder if this same individual has read anything recently on the likes of a Dave Mustaine? He might find it funny how Dave in recent years has declared himself a "Christian", and it I'm not mistaken, "Born Again". This same gentleman might also find it interesting that the likes of James Hetfield thanked his "Higher power", when he gave his acceptance speech most recently at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremonies. He thanked those responsible for keeping him out of the gutter, and on the stage. He also thanked his wife for his saving his life on many of occassions, and how he was grateful for his three kids who taught him how to love. But then again, what do I know.......since all of these people who we admire are really putting up a front, because they're all really just drug addicted/booze hounds, who can't be the least bit articulate.....

Peace
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Yeah, people are judgmental dicks. Ignore them. I still know people who think AC/DC stands for "Against Christ-Devil's Child" and say I'm going to hell for wearing one of their shirts.
Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:26 pm

Schbopo wrote:
Yeah, people are judgmental dicks. Ignore them. I still know people who think AC/DC stands for "Against Christ-Devil's Child" and say I'm going to hell for wearing one of their shirts.
Laughing very hard

KISS
Knights In Satan's Service

or is it

Kids In your Sister's Skirt?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:36 pm

mc666 wrote:
powermacho wrote:
bands like metallica were forbidden to me.
why? they sound nothing alike. yuk yuk Razz
Anything that was not christian was considered forbidden. But not all places are like that, Like I said before, it depends what church you attend. There are some strict churches that demand you to give it all to Christianity and others less demanding
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:41 pm

[quote="ultmetal"]
sheets wrote:
powermacho wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
That is what gets people not to turn into Christianity, because of how judgmental some of them are. BUT not all churches are like that, It all depends on the priest; the head of the church. I have met a few great preachers that are very open minded and loving people

I can happily say that most ministers I've met are cool people. That doesn't always mean the church itself is good as congregations can be very cliquish and unwelcoming, although I've never felt judged based on my tastes in art. Fortunately the church my wife and I currently go to is a great place with very laidback members who have been very welcoming. We've actually made friends there, unlike the last church we attended Smile

I can say the same about my church. I don't think it's just Christians that are judgmental, it's just people in gereral.

You are right, it happens to everybody, believers or not.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:26 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:
I take you guys aren't into Bill Gothard? 'Cause it's the beat!

Gothardism is just re-packaged puritanism and I am not a fan of the puritanical movement!

Bingo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:28 pm

From the clips I've heard the only reaction I had was disapointment
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 6:43 pm

powermacho wrote:
mc666 wrote:
powermacho wrote:
bands like metallica were forbidden to me.
why? they sound nothing alike. yuk yuk Razz
Anything that was not christian was considered forbidden. But not all places are like that, Like I said before, it depends what church you attend. There are some strict churches that demand you to give it all to Christianity and others less demanding

I think you missed out on MC666's little word play for Metallica and Forbidden (the band). As in Metallica sounding like Forbidden.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:05 pm

[quote="ultmetal"]
sheets wrote:
powermacho wrote:
Required Fields wrote:
That is what gets people not to turn into Christianity, because of how judgmental some of them are. BUT not all churches are like that, It all depends on the priest; the head of the church. I have met a few great preachers that are very open minded and loving people

I can happily say that most ministers I've met are cool people. That doesn't always mean the church itself is good as congregations can be very cliquish and unwelcoming, although I've never felt judged based on my tastes in art. Fortunately the church my wife and I currently go to is a great place with very laidback members who have been very welcoming. We've actually made friends there, unlike the last church we attended Smile

I can say the same about my church. I don't think it's just Christians that are judgmental, it's just people in gereral.

I never meant to imply all Christians are judgmental. Many of the least judgmental people I've come across are Christians. Also, many of the most judgmental people I've met aren't.

I'm not trying to paint them all with the same brush...it's just that there are indeed a good number of Christians are like this, as the thread indicates.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

Number of posts : 192

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Quote :
The judgmental mentality shown by the poster(s) Ult is quoting is precisely why I don't subscribe to organized religion anymore.

The last time I went to church was about 25 years ago and it was an independent Baptist church in Tennessee. The preacher's "sermon" basically railed against those who listened to secular music, attended dances, watched secular movies, etc, etc, etc.

Now let me point out, this clown was at LEAST 50 pounds overweight but apparently gluttony wasn't on his "list of sins".

And that's the attitude I've encountered in every church I've attended in my life. It's fine to point out the sins of everyone else but conveniently ignore the sins in your own life. Pass; God and me can work on my own guilt trips, I don't need some hypocrite pointing them out to me.

I Concurr ...And I drink beer too..
Back to top Go down
http://www.burnlounge.com/desertriomedia

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Quote :

OH! That explains all those "evil" secular songs on your new album. You're possessed by the debil!
Back to top Go down
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Quote :
OH! That explains all those "evil" secular songs on your new album. You're possessed by the debil!

HAHA Good one there...

I made the mistake (if you can call it that) by telling a cusotmer at my store that I wanted AC/DC to come here in our state because I have never seen them in concert and I really wanted to see them..

Biggest mistake Ive ever made well one of them.. He didnt hessitate to drill into me how evil they are and that AC DC stood for "Anti Christ Devils Child " I nearly busted out laughing at him and told him I havent heard that rhetoric since 1986 and he wasnt happy I said that. I tried to keep it light as I was starting to get annoyed but I listened and heard im say how the Bible says "We need to come out from among them" and the " appearance of evil" quote and after that I said well God is bigger than my music and knows my heart and there is no validity in what you said because youve just taken both those scriptures out of context. If youre really serious about
"Coming out from among them and resisting all apperance of Evil" Then you need to remove yourself from society and live off the land becuase only there will you be pure and away from all apperances of evil and truly seperated from the world. So your heart wont be corruptd from the likes of me or anyone else.

He didnt take that very well either but understood my point. still comes in and tries to argue with me sometimes but its not so bad anymore he knows I havent changed my mind and we just agreed to dissagree..
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:12 pm

When did this happen, ultrametal?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:36 pm

[quote="ultrametal"]
Quote :
OH! Biggest mistake Ive ever made well one of them.. He didnt hessitate to drill into me how evil they are and that AC DC stood for "Anti Christ Devils Child " I nearly busted out laughing at him and told him I havent heard that rhetoric since 1986 and he wasnt happy I said that.

Oh yes, when all else fails, let's hit the metal community where it hurts, with the infamous AC/DC acronym. Outside of the obvious idiocy that takes place on this earth, the five things that irk me in life are: 1. Traffic 2. Bandwagon sports fans 3. People who say "Yes" to everything 4. Revisionist History 5. Those who bang the gavel, and try to tell those who listen to heavy metal how "Evil" it is (Stupid Examples: AC/DC & KISS acronyms).

Devil
Orders
Kids
Killling
Every
Neighbor

Gee, there is an acronym, so it must be true...
Back to top Go down
ultrametal
Metal student
Metal student
ultrametal

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:52 pm

Quote :

Beginning of this year Like Jan or feb just before the AC/DC US Tour...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:47 pm

ultrametal wrote:
Quote :

Beginning of this year Like Jan or feb just before the AC/DC US Tour...

It would have been interesting to listen in on that debate.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:50 pm

Quote :
Devil
Orders
Kids
Killling
Every
Neighbor

Dokken is one of the most light hearted of secular bands lyrically. He mostly sings about love gone wrong or whatever... Laughing
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Quote :
Devil
Orders
Kids
Killling
Every
Neighbor

Dokken is one of the most light hearted of secular bands lyrically. He mostly sings about love gone wrong or whatever... Laughing

I know. I was trying to be as ridiculous as possible. Unfortunately metal bands get lumped into one category. DEVIL WORSHIPERS.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 10:39 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
I'm glad this guy takes upon himself to feel like a martyr for the entire Christian community. Thanks buddy, but someone already sacrificed themselves for my selfishness, I don't need you to attempt the same.

Great quote there Spec! I like the way Ult. responded and agree on all points. When I became a Chistian the guy that dicipled me kept trying to drive the secular is evil mentality in me and sad to say it effected me a bit and I ended up getting rid of over 100 CDs (most of which I'm still trying to recapture-thankfully it didn't completly take hold as I kept many of my other CDs). It became too difficult to examine every little piece of music before I got it searching through lyrics and finding fault in one song out of 12-13 songs and bipassing it. I realized there were way too many other aspects of my life that were effecting my walk with God (lust, anger, envy, selfishness, etc.) and what I listened to, what movies or shows I watch, or what books I read suddenly became irrelevant. What Chritians must do is love God with all they have and to love their neighbors and the rest will folllow. If your relationship with God is right than proper behavior will show itself. If your listening to something or doing something against God's will and you are right with him, he will convict you. It really is between the indivdual believer and God and should not be a stumbling block to fellowship with other believers. As it's been said, someone will find fault in anything you do. If you depend on other people to make you happy you will always be miserable. Now obviously if your chasing small animals with a lawn mower; getting drunk off your ass; beating up woman & children for drug money; and sleeping with anything animal, mineral, or vegatable and calling yourself a follower of Christ then something is wrong. But if your watching a secular movie, listening to secular music, or reading secular books that's not a cause for alarm.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:54 am

ultrametal wrote:
Quote :
The judgmental mentality shown by the poster(s) Ult is quoting is precisely why I don't subscribe to organized religion anymore.

The last time I went to church was about 25 years ago and it was an independent Baptist church in Tennessee. The preacher's "sermon" basically railed against those who listened to secular music, attended dances, watched secular movies, etc, etc, etc.

Now let me point out, this clown was at LEAST 50 pounds overweight but apparently gluttony wasn't on his "list of sins".

And that's the attitude I've encountered in every church I've attended in my life. It's fine to point out the sins of everyone else but conveniently ignore the sins in your own life. Pass; God and me can work on my own guilt trips, I don't need some hypocrite pointing them out to me.

Beer is good food Smile Liquid bread, preserved in time!
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:20 pm

1 Corinthians 10:23

All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

Good day!
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:26 pm

owned!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...   A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD... - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A religious reaction to the new Mortification CD...
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4