Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...

Go down 
+9
scottmitchell74
Gilbert
Lurideath
the sentinel
Wrecked Neck
Lari
Troublezone
Hadley
anthrax_fan
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

Number of posts : 442

Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Empty
PostSubject: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2020 11:56 pm

I know now of a band called "Rudra" which some call "Vedic Metal" that express their belifs through Black Metal Music ...

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 12:15 am

Helloween have a lot of Christian themes in their songs

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 12:19 am

For a time, the Cro-Mags claimed Hare Krishna.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 12:29 am

Trouble has Christian themes but are not a Christian band.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 12:31 am

King’s X were thought to be Christian, but they denied the label later in their career.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 12:34 am

Technically, satanism is a religion. So any bands that take it serious can be seen as “religious”.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 2:12 am

Religious but not Christian?

So like Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Budddhist?
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Also, Twisted Sister have some songs with Christian messages (since Dee Snider is a Christian). Songs like these wouldnt be out of place on any Christian metal release:

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Hadley wrote:
Also, Twisted Sister have some songs with Christian messages (since Dee Snider is a Christian). Songs like these wouldnt be out of place on any Christian metal release:

He did say "not Christian".
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 5:26 pm

Mercyful Fate has a ton of religious themed lyrics, and are definitely NOT Christian lol
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 9:37 pm

Early Warlord and Heavy Load stuff seem to have religious "overtones" but were not outwardly Christian. I second the mention of the band Trouble. Also, Mass (USA) has some religious lyrics but were not part of the Christian Metal movement of the 1980's. Also, check out the band Glacier. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 11:46 pm

Dark Funeral, Gorgoroth, Marduk to name a few!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 12:35 am

I thought Cage were Christians but was told that they aren't. They basically use Christian themed lyrics.
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 7:03 am

The LaVeyan satanism is more of a philosophy than a religion itself ...
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 7:04 am

I Think Cro Mags is still a Krishna Thrash Metal band ...
Back to top Go down
anthrax_fan
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
anthrax_fan

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 7:16 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Mercyful Fate has a ton of religious themed lyrics, and are definitely NOT Christian lol

Well , if LaVeyan Satanism is really a religion per se , these can be considered "religious" for sure , because KD is definitely Laveyan .
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 7:28 am

King Diamond believes in the supernatural, so he probably believes in something bigger than himself. I don’t know what he believes... but how could he be a atheist if he believes in ghosts or spirits. The LaVey thing is just the way he likes to live.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 11:01 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Early Warlord and Heavy Load stuff seem to have religious "overtones" but were not outwardly Christian. I second the mention of the band Trouble. Also, Mass (USA) has some religious lyrics but were not part of the Christian Metal movement of the 1980's. Also, check out the band Glacier. Hope this helps.

Halloween (not to be confused with Helloween), in particular the song Dont Metal With Evil

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 5:47 am

Orphaned Land
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 3:45 pm

Although not a metal project a lot of the guys in Sabbath Assembly have played in metal bands

Their first couple of records were reworkings of hymns from The Process Church of Final Judgement who actually did worship Christ & Jehovah, but they also worshipped Lucifer & Satan!

So really you would have to class them as VERY religious! lol!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2020 1:10 am

Devastation are considered a secular band, but they had a few songs with lyrics that would make one presume they were a Christian band.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2020 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 9:13 am

Viking
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 12:32 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Devastation are considered a secular band, but they had a few songs with lyrics that would make one presume they were a Christian band.

But wouldn't that be the opposite of what is being asked?
A. They are not religious
B. The lyrics are Christian

Says right there in the title. And the first example was a religious band with Vedic (ancient Indian/Persian religion) lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2020 1:23 pm

[quote="UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS"]Viking[/quote

Only on the song "The Trial".
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...   Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Religious Metal bands that are Not Christian ...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next