Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction

Go down 
+4
glassprison
Gilbert
metalinmyveins
Big Rich
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 677

Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Empty
PostSubject: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 4:37 pm

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 6:20 pm

Big Rich wrote:

I've been following these guys, since their reaction video to "Holy Wars...the Punishment Due", and they're good. They break down the songs very nicely and they're very articulate. They've even made me look at a couple of songs differently. Here's the other thing, they're honest. They didn't like "Raining Blood". They respected it, but it wasn't for them. They did "Painkiller" and though that has been their second favorite song next to "Holy Wars" from a metal perspective, I would love for them to listen to something from the 70's or early 80's. They would probably be shocked that this is the same band...
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 9:33 pm

Yeah, I like them. Very open minded.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 10:57 pm

Who are those guys?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 1:23 am

When I saw the Holy Wars video on here I thought it was just a one-time joke, which was pretty funny. Now that I've seen a few more I have to say that I like hearing their responses and commentary. They make it interesting to go back to some very overplayed metal classics.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 5:47 am

These guys are great. I like how they break the songs down with their perspective on it. Cool and intelligent.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 10:08 am

They bring up points that I as a long time Maiden fan haven't considered in awhile, like "the guitars are dope" and how the lyrics are great.

Meh.

I much preferred their Holy Wars... Punishment Due video where they had more interesting things to say about the music.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 10:16 am

^
Maybe that came across too negative. I think the two hosts are smart and likable, and comfortable in front of the camera. I enjoy their videos.

I was wondering what's with all the metal videos, but I think they've found their niche. 2 hip hop dudes talking about hip hop tracks (and the odd pop song) got them a few thousand hits, because they did them well. But they got hundreds of thousands with the Megadeth and Slayer (not so much with Metallica because Youtube is over saturated with Metallica stuff), and once the Maiden fanbase finds this, they will get their first video with 1M+ views.

There's definitely something here that's appealing to metal fans. And they do it so well.

Now which long haired metal dude in denim vest is going to start a channel where he reacts to rap videos? That's got to be money.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 11:52 am

Might be money but it's too much torture for me. lol!
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
These guys are great. I like how they break the songs down with their perspective on it. Cool and intelligent.

Every video I've watched of their's they give a shoutout to all the free thinkers. Love it.

Lari, they react to all kinds of music, but claim to not know much about rock or metal.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 7:37 pm

I subscribed to these guys back in April. They are likable and entertaining.

Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Now we have Master Of Puppets.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Big Rich wrote:
Now we have Master Of Puppets.

When you've been listening to a song that you have loved for 30+ years, but you find yourself smiling and enjoying it that much more, BECAUSE someone else is discovering it for the first time AND enjoying it, all the while understanding why it has such an anthemic quality to it, makes these guys enjoyable with each video they discover within the metal genre.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 6:47 pm

That's what me and my buddy were saying. It's like us falling in love with metal as teenagers, they're just older.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction    Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name reaction
Page 1 of 1