Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!

Go down 
+16
John Madden
Fat Freddy
Hadley
martinsane
Lari
Boris2008
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
Gilbert
kethdredd
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
Temple of Blood
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Empty
PostSubject: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:05 pm

For months now, I have been watching "reaction" videos on youtube until the wee hours of the morning. Mostly the ones are from brothers who are mainly into hip-hop/rap. They are opening their minds to something different in these videos and hearing, really hearing, metal for the first time. Their reactions have been bringing ME back to when I was 12-13 and hearing metal for the first time and how it expanded MY mind on everything! Metal is in my DNA and I have taken it for granted alot for the past 30 some odd years. Listening it, but not really "hearing. I full on appreciate how they have helped me "hear" it again. There are about a dozen of these guys and everyone has their fav. But, Preston, has become a personal hero of mine. If you have one that has knocked you upside the head for any reason, post it here! Here is one of my all-time fav Preston moments:

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:07 pm

Raining Blood is another that they all seem to freak over. This guy is pretty funny, too.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:18 pm

These are interesting but do you know if there are videos with a reverse scenario? 

I'd like to see some vids featuring metalheads listening to hip hop/rap and telling what they enjoyed about it.  The genre is so popular that I feel I must be missing something about it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:30 pm

Honestly? I have considered looking up the reverse. But then I tell myself that I have heard enough hip-hop to think I would have already had an awakening at this point.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 8:44 pm

I love those videos too, but those guys are not brothers.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 12:02 am

I don't watch a lot of different ones, but have been watching those lost in Vegas guys. You're right, they do remind me of when I was first discovering metal, and I think that's the whole appeal for me. For those who haven't heard of them, here's a cool one of them reacting to Mercyful Fate.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 2:30 am

The Lost in Vegas guys are great! I’ve watched a lot of their vids. They are pretty open minded and seem down to earth. It puts a smile on my face to see them enjoying a classic for the first time.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 7:52 am

I thought that initially they were very cool, but started to become contrived.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 7:59 am

I never cared for those.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 11:12 am

The Lost In Vegas ones are cool but suddenly they're everywhere so now it's a fad.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:14 pm

I watch a different kind of reaction videos.

https://youtu.be/MbIFUy6L7_Q
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 10:40 pm

I like Vin & Sori but only because they are very likeable people and know literally nothing about metal

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 11:40 pm

I think most of those people tend to exaggerate and overdo it. I never reacted like that to anything new in life, especially when it comes to discovering new music for the first time. Imo, it is all fake.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 12:58 am

I don't find these "professional" reaction videos truly genuine. They are kind of click-batey and they just wan't you to come back, and every video is always super positive and the music they react to is "so awesome" that they instantly love it or at least "they understand why it's popular". Because they know that's what the viewer who clicks on it wants.

There's probably money to be made as a "Metalhead Reacts to HIP HOP videos" and then just act amazed when you hear Puff Daddy.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 1:08 am

I haven't watched any, seen them in the recommended and such but haven't bothered.

That said this gal popped up and I thought what the hey and it is a hoot. She seems certainly enamored with the metal boys and again worth a peek.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 6:01 am

Gilbert wrote:
I think most of those people tend to exaggerate and overdo it. I never reacted like that to anything new in life, especially when it comes to discovering new music for the first time. Imo, it is all fake.

Lari wrote:
I don't find these "professional" reaction videos truly genuine. They are kind of click-batey and they just wan't you to come back, and every video is always super positive and the music they react to is "so awesome" that they instantly love it or at least "they understand why it's popular". Because they know that's what the viewer who clicks on it wants.

This right here. I am amazed this is what passes for entertainment now. Another ridiculous form is people that will watch someone play a video game on youtube. I see my 8 year old grand son do it often.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 992

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 9:26 am

007 wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Lari wrote:

This right here. I am amazed this is what passes for entertainment now. Another ridiculous form is people that will watch someone play a video game on youtube. I see my 8 year old grand son do it often.

That one's pretty justified, especially if you want to know how to get past a certain part of the game.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 10:14 am

I use Youtube for music videos and movie trailers, and that's about it. I don't pay attention to any of the so-called "original programming," so this fad makes no sense to me at all.

I don't get the rash of "unboxing" videos either. "Hey everybody, I just bought this new toy/DVD/Blu Ray/action figure/album/whatever, and now I'm gonna open it for the very first time... while you watch!" Dafuq?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 11:43 am

So you guys think Scott's videos are lame? whip
Back to top Go down
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 279

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 10:05 pm

I just don't understand the appeal.Lost in Vegas was cool for about 5 minutes, but now you literally have Grandmas reacting to Immortal.Enough already.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 11:19 pm

I think I am going to start a channel where I play reaction videos to Lady GaGa and Florida-Georgia Line and just put my head down in shame. Betcha I could earn a healthy living that way.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 1:50 pm

It was easily over a year ago where I posted something about the "Lost In Vegas" guys, due to the fact that it felt like they seemed to catch all the subtle nuances of a son. I like that they stop the song repeatedly to point out something that maybe I didn't see from their perspective. Their reactions make me appreciate some of those songs even more and on occasion they make it feel like you're listening to the song for the first time. There is that unbridled enthusiasm on display with George and Ryan. I sort of follow them on Twitter. I know a few days ago they attended a Dream Theatre show and they've attended a Gojira show as well. They just started their podcast recently as well.

I've been recently checking out the vocal coach shown above as well. I sort of get a hoot out of her...
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 9:34 pm

Here's a funny reaction video:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 7:41 am

I like Lost In Vegas. had me thinking it would be cool to have my dear old dad watch some of these and make reaction videos. Then I realized he would just play about 30 seconds and say "Son, that is just noise" then throw down the headphones in disgust and go outside and yell at clouds. Ah my dear old dad, some day I'll be just like him.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 1:41 pm

This one popped up on my recommended videos block:

Pastor reacts to Slayer - Disciple

He seems like a really chill dude, actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!   I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am ADDICTED to REACTION videos!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next