Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings

Go down 
+14
Wicked Rick
A Handful of Wayne
the sentinel
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
mc666
MetalFRO
thejokeriv
EvyMetal
Wargod
kmorg
MetalRob331
XYZ
sam
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
DREAM THEATER does not have a s/t CD...I think you mean When Dream And Day Unite...

Of course, it's been a long week (my weeks are technically from Tuesday evening to Monday afternoon).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:02 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
40,000 copies sold in the first week....#6 on the US albums chart...first Top 10 debut for the band ever and highest number of first week copies sold for them ever...

Good for them! The deserve it! Gotta love that real music is selling this week, unfortunately sandwiched between pop garbage.....

amen!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:12 pm

I listened to the samples of the album and it sounds pretty good and i'm not even a fan. It has a slight Savatage influence in the keyboard sound. I like their more aggressive approach on this one.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:59 am

i saw the DT live 2 days ago.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:24 am

iamrockerfun wrote:
i saw the DT live 2 days ago.

How was the show?
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:50 am

fantastic unforgottable. a little bit it was bornig at the end. playlist as follows

1. In The Presence Of EnemiesPart 1 only

2. Beyond This Life

3. Panic Attack

4. A Nightmare To RememberWorld Premiere

5. Hollow Years

6. Constant Motion

7. Erotomania

8. Voices

9. A Rite Of Passage

10. The Spirit Carries On

11. As I Am
    12. Encore:

13. Metropolis Pt. 1 / Learning to Live / A Change of Seasons
    </li>
recommended. saw them 1st time and 'njoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:39 pm

Nice!!!! I would love to see them play The Count Of Tuscany live!!!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:41 pm

I would love to see them on the progressive nation tour, but its too expensive at the moment! ahhh!
Back to top Go down
muztaine
Metal novice
Metal novice
muztaine

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:39 pm

I've been mostly listening to Wither, A Rite Of Passage, The Shattered Fortress and The Best Of Times, and they're pretty amazing.
I'm more into Speed Metal, so it's never going to be a masterpiece in my mind, but it's alright... for prog.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 3:59 pm

I'll be seeing them July 29...can't wait! It'll be my second DT show. Looks like I have to brush up on later albums...

Bought the 3CD version of BC&SL today...parts of the opening track remind me of OPETH (musically)...dark, heavy and epic!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 10:14 am

This is a good album, but nowhere near as good as my faves from them. I have spun it twice thus far and I think it's a vast improvement over the last two. Peace.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:04 am

the sentinel wrote:
This is a good album, but nowhere near as good as my faves from them. I have spun it twice thus far and I think it's a vast improvement over the last two. Peace.

That's my feeling as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:10 pm

xyz wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

That's how I felt about Systematic Chaos...
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:05 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
xyz wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

That's how I felt about Systematic Chaos...

I loved systematic chaos, great album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:55 am

I'm on my 3rd spin of BC&SL now and I am really liking it. It's pretty different from the band's early material, but then they do tend to try different things. So far, this record for me has a dark, moody vibe coupled with the band's technical ferocity. It's the closest thing to Awake they've done since that album. I've also noticed James' vibrato has been reeled in a bit, something I haven't noticed since FII...I guess this is an attempt to sound contemporary while still sounding like DT. There are no songs I don't like, but so far I love "Wither" and "A Nightmare To Remember"...but, again, all the songs are really good. Parts of "ANtR" remind me of OPETH musically...dark, heavy and epic.

It's good to be a DT fan again... 🤘 I've missed them...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:38 pm

I'm curious...does anyone that purchased the deluxe 3-cd version of Black Clouds... listen to the 3rd intrumental disc more than once?

I'm giving it a spin and it's ok, but I don't see this getting much play when I have the same "vocal" version right here too.

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:41 pm

I might actually like an all-instrumental Dream Theater disc...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings   Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dream Theater - Black Clouds & Silver Linings
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3