Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tesla

Go down 
+17
325ad
akeldama
Schbopo
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
Sword Of The Heretic
7thSaviour
metalinmyveins
skullsmasher
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
manny
the sentinel
Troublezone
MetalRob331
James B.
YngwieDokkenfan
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:38 pm

I agree. They sound nothing like Poison and Warrant. The are a far better band musically, and have some meaningful lyrics. There is no comparison between the guitar pyrotechnics of Frankie Hannon and CeCe Deville.

I suspect they got lumped in with Poison and Warrant because they appeared on the scene in the late 80's, and were pretty popular in that same late 80's/early 90's time frame as Poison and Warrant. Tesla never seemed to be in to that having feminine looking hair thing, though, and always looked like normal dudes who were there to play some good tunes instead of focusing on some poser stage show geared to impressing non-musical teens. Most of all, Tesla's music has heart. Can you guys picture Brett Michaels singing "Hang Tough" or "Paradise"?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 8:08 am

I can barely imagine Bret Michaels singing 'Unskinny Bop'
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:59 am

NumbskullakaNazgul wrote:
Nice, I saw them back in the 80's with Def Leppard. Really good show.

I saw Def Leppard on the same tour, but unfortunately I had to endure "Europe".sick
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:52 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

I saw Def Leppard on the same tour, but unfortunately I had to endure "Europe".sick

"endure" Europe?? Each to his own, but I'd save "endure", as an adjective, to describe bands that actually sucked. For me, a definite "endure" band from this period would be Whitesnake sick These guys sounded like a glam metal Led Zeppelin. Nothing is as bad as a second-rate version of a band that already sucks. As far as Def Leppard, there were a little better than endure, but not too far from being cheesy pop metal. "Ready Or Not", "Open Your Heart", and "Cherokee" vs. "Love Bites" or "Armageddon It"?? I'll take Europe any day. Def Leppard is pop metal.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:33 am

YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

"endure" Europe?? Each to his own, but I'd save "endure", as an adjective, to describe bands that actually sucked. For me, a definite "endure" band from this period would be Whitesnake sick These guys sounded like a glam metal Led Zeppelin. Nothing is as bad as a second-rate version of a band that already sucks. As far as Def Leppard, there were a little better than endure, but not too far from being cheesy pop metal. "Ready Or Not", "Open Your Heart", and "Cherokee" vs. "Love Bites" or "Armageddon It"?? I'll take Europe any day. Def Leppard is pop metal.

Led Zeppelin does not suck and I don't for one second see Whitesnake as a Led Zeppelin clone, other than maybe the middle section in 'Still of the Night' which to my ears still doesnot sound like Zep or 'Judgement Day' I really donot see many examples where Whitesnake are ripping off Zep or stealing riffs.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 am

YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

"endure" Europe?? Each to his own, but I'd save "endure", as an adjective, to describe bands that actually sucked. For me, a definite "endure" band from this period would be Whitesnake sick These guys sounded like a glam metal Led Zeppelin. Nothing is as bad as a second-rate version of a band that already sucks.

I guess it's fine to feel that way, but I can tell you with complete certainty, you will be in the MINORITY on this opinion. Europe over Whitesnake... Laughing very hard

YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
As far as Def Leppard, there were a little better than endure, but not too far from being cheesy pop metal. "Ready Or Not", "Open Your Heart", and "Cherokee" vs. "Love Bites" or "Armageddon It"?? I'll take Europe any day. Def Leppard is pop metal.

First of all Carnac, where did I ever mention in this post that I was pumping my fist to songs like "Love Bites" Armageddon It" or "Pour Some Sugar On Me"? Maybe I went to hear songs like "Foolin", "Comin' Under Fire", "Stagefright", "Wasted", "On Through The Night" "Hello America", "Another Hit & Run", "Gods of War", "Billy's Got A Gun", "Lady Strange", etc...Thanks for pretending to know what songs I like to rock out to.
Back to top Go down

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:02 pm

Whitesnake gets called a Zep clone because of the vocal similarities. Quite a few bands did that in the 80's. It's all opinions but Whitesnake kicked Europe's tail.
Back to top Go down

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:03 pm

Whitesnake > Europe > You
Back to top Go down

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:13 pm

You crack me up dood. It's why I can't stay away.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Whitesnake gets called a Zep clone because of the vocal similarities. Quite a few bands did that in the 80's. It's all opinions but Whitesnake kicked Europe's tail.

That is not an opinion that is a fact.
Back to top Go down

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:44 pm

Of course it is.
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:17 pm

🤘 Europe 🤘
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:32 am

The Final Countdown is not representative of Europe in general. Europe albums are like listening to Yngwie or Dokken. Very melodic, virtuosic guitar rock. John Norum kicks major ass. To hear Norum kick ass, though, you have to listen to their albums. WIngs of Tomorrow is an amazing album, as is their debut, self-titled album. Out of This World is excellent as well. The Final Countdown album, as a whole, has the cheesy pop sound. If you've never heard songs like "Open Your Heart", "Stormwind", or "Cherokee", you haven't heard the real Europe. The Final Countdown sounds like The Thompson Twins compared to these guitar driven metal classics.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:53 am

Saw Tesla again last week, they tore it up as usual. Great Show!!!
Back to top Go down

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 1:03 pm

Are they touring or was it just a one off show?
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 7:11 pm

Looks like they were kicking off a new tour here in Albuquerque from the dates on the T shirts. Not sure where else they were going but it looked like around 15 - 20 more dates.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:11 pm

I saw Tesla/Firehouse on the Psychotic Supper tour. Great gig!
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 601

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 9:20 pm

I had Great Radio on cassette and CD at one time. I've also heard Mechanical Resonance, and was very impressed. Never heard Psychotic Supper except for the 2-3 singles that were released, and I'm not familiar at all with Bust a Nut.

I bought Into the Now back in 2004, and was blown away. Miles Away is my favorite track from that one.
Not familiar with Peace of Time, or their new album yet.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Tesla's coming to my town in November and none of my suck-hole friends wanna go. Buncha millies. angry

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:13 pm

I've been on a Tesla kick of late. I happened to pick up a copy of PSYCHOTIC SUPPER from '91 in a thrift shop for a buck a couple of weeks ago; had never heard that album before but it smokes! I am gonna have to fatten up my Tesla collection some. I had everything up to FIVE MAN ACOUSTICAL JAM on cassette at one time but as of right now the only Tesla's I have on CD are the aforementioned PSYCHOTIC and FIVE MAN. My wife has a CD of GREAT RADIO CONTROVERSY around here somewhere that she never listens to (and probably doesn't even remember that she owns) so I may steal that one and put it in with my CDs. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 5:27 pm

I keep putting off buying Bust A Nut and Psychotic Supper. Not sure why. I love/like everything else they've done.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:12 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've been on a Tesla kick of late. I happened to pick up a copy of PSYCHOTIC SUPPER from '91 in a thrift shop for a buck a couple of weeks ago; had never heard that album before but it smokes! I am gonna have to fatten up my Tesla collection some. I had everything up to FIVE MAN ACOUSTICAL JAM on cassette at one time but as of right now the only Tesla's I have on CD are the aforementioned PSYCHOTIC and FIVE MAN. My wife has a CD of GREAT RADIO CONTROVERSY around here somewhere that she never listens to (and probably doesn't even remember that she owns) so I may steal that one and put it in with my CDs. Laughing

Me too. I recently ripped their entire discography to my home computer, so I've been giving all of their music a fresh spin while I sit here and write out bills. Call me a fan-boy, but I don't think they've put out a bad album ever. Sure, some might be a little stronger than others, but to me there isn't a single clunker in the bunch. They're all good.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:22 pm

Tesla Rocks

I get to do the Tesla discography shortly in that section cool

IMHO one of the best hard rock bands around

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17044

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Quote :
the guitar sounds are average

Wrong! They are excellent, especially Frank Hannon and he can shred and does on some of the early songs. He is more a southern rock kinda guy who prefers feeling over Yngwie stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Call me a fan-boy

Okay, fan-boy. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tesla - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tesla   Tesla - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tesla
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next