Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keel Reunion news

Go down 
+13
Metal Misfit
80smetalrocks
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Shiney
the sentinel
Troublezone
Chairman_Smith
jstate
Lurideath
skullsmasher
Fat Freddy
manny
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:28 am

The Faces reunion collapsed when Rod Stewart discovered they would be in competition with Keel on the touring circuit.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:48 am

detuned wrote:
"Only Ron Keel has The Right To Rock"

...all others beware.

It was Sammy Hagar, however, that showed him there was only one way to do it. Prior to this revelation, Ron Keel tried to obtain many different rights, all with varing degrees of success.

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:50 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
detuned wrote:
"Only Ron Keel has The Right To Rock"

...all others beware.

It was Sammy Hagar, however, that showed him there was only one way to do it. Prior to this revelation, Ron Keel tried to obtain many different rights, all with varing degrees of success.

Ron also thought he could only rock in other countries. Night Ranger taught him different. Ron Keel owes alot of his awesomeness to many that have shown him the correct way to rock over the years.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:29 am

lol! Keel Reunion news - Page 4 647664

I wish I had something more to post, but I am just not that quick witted today. Or ever.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:40 pm

Ron Keel is a larger than live frontman, who ensured America would have the Right to Rock, his success saw him take his band to the Final Frontier, and it was Easier Said than Done. All you haters beware Keel is about to Lay Down the Law.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:42 pm

Ron Keel's downfall was he Said the Wrong Thing to the Right Girl on his way Back To The City. If only he'd been a Speed Demon and realized there were So Many Girls So Little Time, he'd still be on Cherry Lane and wouldn't be shedding Tears of Fire over his Electric Love.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:29 am

Better buy your tickets early if you plan to attend Rocklahoma 2009, Keel is one of the first of the official acts confirmed, guaranteed to be sold out!!!!
Back to top Go down
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 8:59 am

If they release a new cd it certainly will sell 2-3 million.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Hot on the heels of this reunion news, MetalSludge did an amusing 20 questions interview with Keel guitarist Brian Jay. Enjoy...

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1738&Itemid=52

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:33 am

More unintentionally funny Keel hype from an article on Blabbermouth:

KEEL recently inked a deal with the Maryland-based label Chavis Records. The group plans to release a new CD by summertime.

Chavis CEO Bill Chavis commented: "Everyone at CR is beyond excited about having KEEL join the family, not to mention that KEEL is undoubtedly one of the paramount pioneers of this genre of music. Being part of KEEL's 25th anniversary is electrifying!"

"Paramount pioneers?" Laughing very hard

Wonder if the Chavis folks will still be "electrified" a year from now when they're sitting on several thousand unsold Keel CDs.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:25 am

How is Limp Bizkit gonna compete with this?
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 3:28 am

manny wrote:
I remember reading some crap that Ron Keel was hired by Black Sabbath after Ian Gillan quit, but he talked his way out of being in Black Sabbath, yea sure Ron Keel, I am sure that happened, what a wanker!

At the end of the Born
Again tour, Ian Gillan leaves to go reform Deep Purple. Ian's stated
reason at the end of the Born Again tour was "vocal
chord problems", but the fact that he immediately did the Purple gig
tends to discount that. Bev also splits, to go work on the ELO II
project. During this time, Bill Ward is coaxed back yet again after
getting healthy while Sabbath was on tour for Born Again and the
search is on again for a new singer.[/size]

Black Sabbath was to work
with producer Spencer Proffer at this time, having come off the wildly
sucessful album "Metal Health" by Quiet Riot. Proffer's choice of
vocalist for the album was American singer Ron Keel. Apparently
Proffer had worked up a demo tape of songs with Ron Keel on it and
presented this to Tony. Apparently this material wasn't up to
snuff to the Sabs, so the relationship soured between Sabbath and
Proffer, and both he and Keen went shortly after this. Since this
didn't progress past the demo stage, I don't count this as an "official
lineup".

Here's
some text from Ron Keel about his involvement with Sabbath...

"I had been doing the
KEEL demos at Pasha in Hollywood, which was owned by Quiet Riot
producer Spencer Proffer. Quiet Riot had just sold ten million records
and Spencer was the hot producer, and he was set to do the next
Sabbath album. Ian Gillian had just quit and Spencer heard the KEEL
demos, hooked me up with Tony and Geezer, and I demoed some of the
material that Spencer wanted them to record and we hung out for a few
days plotting the future (basically Tony and Geezer wishing they could
get Ozzy back). MTV, radio, everybody announced that Ron Keel was the
new singer in Sabbath, but something went sour in their deal with
Spencer Proffer and I went with it. They went through a bunch of other
singers, but all they really wanted was Ozzy. I know for a fact that
no singer, including me, was ever "in" Black Sabbath except Ozzy

From black-sabbath.com

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
More unintentionally funny Keel hype from an article on Blabbermouth:

KEEL recently inked a deal with the Maryland-based label Chavis Records. The group plans to release a new CD by summertime.

Chavis CEO Bill Chavis commented: "Everyone at CR is beyond excited about having KEEL join the family, not to mention that KEEL is undoubtedly one of the paramount pioneers of this genre of music. Being part of KEEL's 25th anniversary is electrifying!"

"Paramount pioneers?" Laughing very hard

Wonder if the Chavis folks will still be "electrified" a year from now when they're sitting on several thousand unsold Keel CDs.

Wow, why didn't Ron just stay with Retrospect? That's kind of blow to that dude's label. For cripes sake that guy was in a band with Ron Keel wasn't he?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:16 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
manny wrote:
I remember reading some crap that Ron Keel was hired by Black Sabbath after Ian Gillan quit, but he talked his way out of being in Black Sabbath, yea sure Ron Keel, I am sure that happened, what a wanker!

At the end of the Born
Again tour, Ian Gillan leaves to go reform Deep Purple. Ian's stated
reason at the end of the Born Again tour was "vocal
chord problems", but the fact that he immediately did the Purple gig
tends to discount that. Bev also splits, to go work on the ELO II
project. During this time, Bill Ward is coaxed back yet again after
getting healthy while Sabbath was on tour for Born Again and the
search is on again for a new singer.[/size]

Black Sabbath was to work
with producer Spencer Proffer at this time, having come off the wildly
sucessful album "Metal Health" by Quiet Riot. Proffer's choice of
vocalist for the album was American singer Ron Keel. Apparently
Proffer had worked up a demo tape of songs with Ron Keel on it and
presented this to Tony. Apparently this material wasn't up to
snuff to the Sabs, so the relationship soured between Sabbath and
Proffer, and both he and Keen went shortly after this. Since this
didn't progress past the demo stage, I don't count this as an "official
lineup".

Here's
some text from Ron Keel about his involvement with Sabbath...

"I had been doing the
KEEL demos at Pasha in Hollywood, which was owned by Quiet Riot
producer Spencer Proffer. Quiet Riot had just sold ten million records
and Spencer was the hot producer, and he was set to do the next
Sabbath album. Ian Gillian had just quit and Spencer heard the KEEL
demos, hooked me up with Tony and Geezer, and I demoed some of the
material that Spencer wanted them to record and we hung out for a few
days plotting the future (basically Tony and Geezer wishing they could
get Ozzy back). MTV, radio, everybody announced that Ron Keel was the
new singer in Sabbath, but something went sour in their deal with
Spencer Proffer and I went with it. They went through a bunch of other
singers, but all they really wanted was Ozzy. I know for a fact that
no singer, including me, was ever "in" Black Sabbath except Ozzy

What a moron Ron Keel is, Ronnie James Dio, Ian Gillan, Glenn Hughes and Tony Martin were all "in" Black Sabbath the only one I know for sure was not in Black Sabbath was Ron Keel, which is a good thing since he would soon be filling stadiums all over the world....Bizzaro World that is.

From black-sabbath.com

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:30 am

Good news for fans of this multi- platinum stadium hair poodles:

18-Jun-09Keel To Release A New Album Titled "Streets Of Rock 'N' Roll"
Submitted by: Dana

Vocalist Ron Keel of the reunited '80s hard rock band Keel has issued the following update:
"We are gathered in North Hollywood to begin sessions for the new Keel album tomorrow morning. To say the least, we're fired up and really excited about this new project."
"Shortly after announcing the Keel reunion last November, we made the decision to include a new album release in our plans. At the time we had no new songs, and discussed the possibility of coming up with a few new tunes and re-recording some of our favorite Keel compositions. Almost immediately, new songs started to come to life through our collaborative efforts and we ended up with an entire album's worth of new material that we are confident will fulfill our musical passions while giving our fans — and a whole new generation of Keelaholics — a collection of songs that we can all enjoy."
"While we are re-visiting a couple of timeless classics to include as bonus tracks on the new album and the 25th anniversary edition of 'The Right To Rock,' we are tracking 12 brand-new Keel songs guaranteed to satisfy your rock n roll hunger."
"Entitled 'Streets Of Rock 'N' Roll', the album will be co-produced and mixed by ace producer/engineer Pat Regan (Ritchie Blackmore, Warrant, Billy Sheehan, etc.). My vocals will be engineered, recorded, and produced by Paul Shortino [Rough Cutt, Quiet Riot]. We'll be posting updates from the sessions as often as time permits, and plan to offer a free download of a brand new Keel song later this summer."
"We promise the musical direction of this album is this: straight-ahead classic hard rock anthems — strong, powerful, guitar-driven rock meant to capture the spirit of our genre, the excitement of our reunion, and our love for our music and our audience."
"We look forward to sharing this music with you, and we thank our fans, friends, families and everyone on our staff and crew for the inspiration to make this the greatest Keel album of all time."
"Streets Of Rock 'N' Roll" track listing:
1. Hit The Ground Running
2. Come Hell Or High Water
3. Streets Of Rock N Roll
4. Push & Pull
5. Brothers In Blood
6. Hold Steady
7. Live
8. Does Anybody Believe
9. No More Lonely Nights
10. The Devil May Care
11. Lookin' For A Good Time
12. Gimme That
Keel recently signed a deal with the Maryland-based label Chavis Records.
With the high volume of requests for the band to reunite, the members — Ron Keel, guitarists Marc Ferrari and Bryan Jay, drummer Dwain Miller along with Geno Arce (Ron's longtime bassist) — felt the time is right to deliver the show fans everywhere have been demanding: a Keel reunion.
"It would not have been right without these guys," said Ron Keel.
The Keel debut reunion concert took place in Hollywood on January 31st.
In 1985, Keel's "The Right To Rock" became the fastest-selling debut in A&M Records' history and the band was proclaimed the "Best New Band" by Metal Edge and Circus magazines. The album's title track was a hit on radio and MTV and remains a staple on VH1 Classic, in addition to the group’s subsequent hits "Tears Of Fire," "Because The Night," "Somebody's Waiting" and "Rock & Roll Outlaw." The group developed a reputation as one of the genre's most entertaining live acts, opening for heavyweights like Bon Jovi, Aerosmith and Van Halen, among many others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:35 am

I knew you would get excited by this manny. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:42 am

Quote :
I know for a fact that no singer, including me, was ever "in" Black Sabbath except Ozzy

And Dio and Tony Martin...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:52 am

I'm only going to care if Marc Ferrari puts the blond streak back in his hair.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:12 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:26 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Laughing very hard

He's hawt...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:41 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Laughing very hard

He's hawt...

Alex Skolnick totally stole that "skunk streak in the hair" look from Marc.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Laughing very hard

He's hawt...

Alex Skolnick totally stole that "skunk streak in the hair" look from Marc.

Who stole it from Joe Perry back in the 70's Razz

Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Big_photo_167

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:11 pm

I think Skolnick's is a legitimate grey streak...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:16 am

Multi-platinum 80's metal innovating superstars KEEL want your help!

Quote :

KEEL wants YOU to sing on "The Right To Rock: 25th Anniversary Edition"

We’re doing something that’s never been done before – using the internet to let our fans actually sing with us on our new version of “The Right To Rock!”

“The Right To Rock: 25th Anniversary Edition” will be released on January 20th, 2010, exactly 25 years to the day since it originally hit the streets, and we've recorded a brand new version of the title track for inclusion in this historic release - and we want to give KEELaholics everywhere the opportunity to put your voices on it.

All you have to do is send us an MP3 of you singing the title chorus line, “The Right To Rock,” and we’ll compile the best of what we receive and insert them into our brand new version of this song.

It’s easy – if you have a microphone for your computer and some simple recording software, download the reference mix on our MySpace profile which has a space for you to sing in. Try to sing in tune and in time, or just scream your guts out like we do!

There are a lot of free programs available that are easy to use – we suggest the Beta version of Audacity which is available at http://audacity.soundforge.net

Some of you may have more sophisticated recording gear at home, and that’s fine – just get to work and send us your best “Right To Rock” and we’ll put it on the new album. Send MP3’s to reunion@keelentertainment.com by October 1st. By sending your MP3 you are agreeing to allow KEEL to use your voice on this recording.

What are you waiting for – get ready to belt it out and shout out your Right To Rock!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:27 am

Quote :
It’s easy – if you have a microphone for your computer and some simple recording software, download the reference mix on our MySpace profile which has a space for you to sing in. Try to sing in tune and in time, or just scream your guts out like we do!

Sounds like an excellent idea. What could possibly go wrong with that?

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keel Reunion news
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next