Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keel Reunion news

Go down 
+13
Metal Misfit
80smetalrocks
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Shiney
the sentinel
Troublezone
Chairman_Smith
jstate
Lurideath
skullsmasher
Fat Freddy
manny
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:17 pm

Keel were "okay" in the 80's, not even a second tier act (more like 4th or 5th tier). The only audience he's going to attract with this would be old farts like me...with less taste than I have.

just kidding
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:27 pm

I used to like Keel back in the day and I thought 'The Right to Rock' was good album at the time, and had 'Lay Down the Law' which was ok, but I have to admit the only reason I even checked out 'The Right to Rock' is because Gene Simmons produced it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:41 pm

The only reason I owned Lay Down The Law was the album cover...

Keel Reunion news - Page 2 2157403000300yh2
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:48 pm

A while back the Vegas Review Journal did a profile of Ron Keel and the claim was made that Keel sold out stadiums in their heyday.

I liked Keel well enough at the time but it isn't anything I ever bothered to upgrade on disc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:01 pm

Ronnie Lee Keel is the definition of "poser". Metal artists do change and grow, but if you are truly metal, you don't do a 180 and think your fanbase is gonna be there when you come back. He won't be seeing any of my $.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 7:47 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
Ronnie Lee Keel is the definition of "poser". Metal artists do change and grow, but if you are truly metal, you don't do a 180 and think your fanbase is gonna be there when you come back. He won't be seeing any of my $.

Him and Alex Skolnick?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:08 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Dunn is the one with the bad hairdo and Brooks is the one with the cowboy hat.

Then I assume Ronnie must be portraying Dunn.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:13 pm

jstate wrote:
A while back the Vegas Review Journal did a profile of Ron Keel and the claim was made that Keel sold out stadiums in their heyday.

The only time that dude came anywhere near a 'sold out stadium' was when he was opening for Bon Jovi. Of course, Captain Ego Keel probably thinks all those screaming girls were there for him, not Bon Jovi.

But seriously follks... I've been beatin' on ole Ronnie pretty hard in this thread thus far, but I did really like THE RIGHT TO ROCK back in the day. (It's also the only Keel album I've bothered to upgrade to CD.) It was a great debut, but with each successive album they got less "metal" and more "radio friendly hard rock," to the point that by the time Keel's final release (LARGER THAN LIVE) came around in '89 or '90, they may as well have been Warrant or any other hair band. Each of the post-RIGHT TO ROCK Keel records has their share of good tracks but a hell of a lot of filler too.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 8:29 pm

[quote="jstate"]A while back the Vegas Review Journal did a profile of Ron Keel and the claim was made that Keel sold out stadiums in their heyday.

Stadiums my ass, the band opened the show at the Texas Jamm, which featured Boston headlining, Aerosmith and Krokus, I suspect that this show may have sold out even if Keel were not on this bill.

Like Freddy I have ragged on this band but at one time I was somewhat of fan and I should dig out my vinyl copy of 'The Right to Rock"
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Well hot damn! screw Zeppelin, this is where its at!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:56 am

Did he get tired of the country crap or something? Maybe this time his band won't Keel over a die. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 7:13 am

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Well hot damn! screw Zeppelin, this is where its at!

Laughing very hard Careful. If Ron sees this post, then the next Keel press release will say "Fans are more excited about the Keel reunion than they are about a Zeppelin reunion"

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Two thoughts:

1.) I would be more interested in news of a re release of Keel's original studio albums or some type of box set ( as I am a fan) than in them reuniting.

2.) The " over 2 million records sold" does seem a bit padded to me, but possible. They did have 5 studio albums and a live release. But more curious is that Ron Keel himself ups this to "almost 3 million sold."

http://ronniekeel.tripod.com/Keel_body.htm
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:18 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Two thoughts:

1.) I would be more interested in news of a re release of Keel's original studio albums or some type of box set ( as I am a fan) than in them reuniting.

2.) The " over 2 million records sold" does seem a bit padded to me, but possible. They did have 5 studio albums and a live release. But more curious is that Ron Keel himself ups this to "almost 3 million sold."

[url=http://ronniekeel.tripod.com/Keel_body.htm
http://ronniekeel.tripod.com/Keel_body.htm[/quote[/url]]

There are also people who claim they have received phone calls from the dead.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Got this off of Ron's site that Sentinel mentioned a few posts ago:

Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Billboard500

WOO! Now THERE is an eye catching advertisement... they should've put that chick on the cover of the album, they probably would've sold more records...

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

WOO! Now THERE is an eye catching advertisement... they should've put that chick on the cover of the album, they probably would've sold more records...

Wow! Now that's advertising. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:42 pm

The chicks on their albums are more interesting than the music.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:43 pm

I am sure that advertisement accounts for why Keel sold 2 million albums and sold out all those stadiums in the 80's.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:50 pm

manny wrote:
I am sure that advertisement accounts for why Keel sold 2 million albums and sold out all those stadiums in the 80's.

And not to mention all the happy teenage boys that couldn't find their dad's playboy stash.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:53 pm

I like KEEL....are they cheesy. Hell yeah.

Were they huge...hell no.

They were decent though.

I actually go RON KEEL's solo cd the other day for $1...it's pretty good. Not country but mainly folky...acoustic, his voice is pretty good still...

Now his hairdo...another story, I'm afraid.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:55 pm

Shiney wrote:
I like KEEL....are they cheesy. Hell yeah.

Were they huge...hell no.

They were decent though.

I actually go RON KEEL's solo cd the other day for $1...it's pretty good. Not country but mainly folky...acoustic, his voice is pretty good still...

Now his hairdo...another story, I'm afraid.

lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:28 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Wow! Now that's advertising. Very Happy

That's the lesser known, but hotter Petrucci sister!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:36 pm

That's not Maxine Petrucci. That's some unknown model.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:43 pm

Keel sucks. End story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:48 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Keel sucks. End story.

How can you say a band that has sold 2 million albums and sold out stadiums suck?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keel Reunion news
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next