Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keel Reunion news

Go down 
+13
Metal Misfit
80smetalrocks
MetalGuy71
DeathCult
Shiney
the sentinel
Troublezone
Chairman_Smith
jstate
Lurideath
skullsmasher
Fat Freddy
manny
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:50 pm

manny wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
Keel sucks. End story.

How can you say a band that has sold 2 million albums and sold out stadiums suck?

lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:51 pm

Sales isnt representative of goodness. They were 2nd tier hair at best. Besides, if it was Sam selling those CD's bootlegs dont count as real sales lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:55 pm

I agree Keel is second tier stuff, just like Greedo is a second rate bounty hunter. The Dog The Bounty Hunter of Rodia, if you will. Smile However, my adoration of Keel, I believe is purely sentimental.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:55 pm

I remember reading some crap that Ron Keel was hired by Black Sabbath after Ian Gillan quit, but he talked his way out of being in Black Sabbath, yea sure Ron Keel, I am sure that happened, what a wanker!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:57 pm

Ron Keel is a horrible singer, I believe we can all agree with that. So the notion that he was even considered for Sabbath is pure mythology. He may have auditioned, but I'm sure plenty of folks did.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:58 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I agree Keel is second tier stuff, just like Greedo is a second rate bounty hunter. The Dog The Bounty Hunter of Rodia, if you will. Smile However, my adoration of Keel, I believe is purely sentimental.

Greedo kicks ass you douche. He didnt get a fair chance against that smuggler. I do still own Lay Down The Law and Right To ROck, on vinyl, nothing memorable really. Nothing as bad as Killen, but this clamoring for a reunion thing is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:00 pm

Quote :
Greedo kicks ass you douche. He didnt get a fair chance against that smuggler. I do still own Lay Down The Law and Right To ROck, on vinyl, nothing memorable really. Nothing as bad as Killen, but this clamoring for a reunion thing is ridiculous.

Agreed on all points. Smile
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:00 pm

manny wrote:
I remember reading some crap that Ron Keel was hired by Black Sabbath after Ian Gillan quit, but he talked his way out of being in Black Sabbath, yea sure Ron Keel, I am sure that happened, what a wanker!

HA, maybe he auditioned, but I doubt he was ever seriously considered. Jeff Fenholt was a more serious member than Ron.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:02 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

Agreed on all points. Smile

Very Happy I knew I liked you for a reason. Ive thought about giving them a spin since this thread popped up, just to see if its anything I may even consider on cd.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:03 pm

DeathCult wrote:
manny wrote:

HA, maybe he auditioned, but I doubt he was ever seriously considered. Jeff Fenholt was a more serious member than Ron.

Schpoo was a more serious member of Black Sabbath than Ron Keel!!!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:07 pm

manny wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
manny wrote:

Schpoo was a more serious member of Black Sabbath than Ron Keel!!!

Oh right, I forgot about that screaming baby on Forbidden.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:09 pm

spectrefate wrote:
That's not Maxine Petrucci. That's some unknown model.

I know that. I was attempting funniness type stuff. I was originally going to type that it was Vinnie Vincent before he joined Kiss. Cool
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:47 am

Lurideath wrote:
Ron lives here in Vegas and talk about an ego problem.

All this Keel talk prompted me to dust off my reissue of THE RIGHT TO ROCK (Metal Mayhem, 2000) and Ron's liner notes on the inside are good for a couple of chuckles... careful with that ego, Ron boy. (I emphasized a particular bit in bold cuz I thought it was especially funny)

"When The Right to Rock was released in 1985, Heavy Metal was a thriving art form, dominating the airwaves, newsstands and MTV. The music was exciting, energetic and most of all, fun - alive with the spirit of the young and wild.
The nights were filled with screaming anthems such as this CD's title track and for the entire decade of the 1980s, Metal ruled. We thought it would never end... thanks to a legion of loyal fans, it hasn't.
Keel was a very special band, built on a foundation of powerful songs and athletic stage performances. We took pride in busting our asses, leaving our sweat and blood on the concert stage. I screamed every note as if it would be my last.
Now, fifteen years later, the full cultural impact of The Metal Generation can be put in perspective. Like Elvis, the British Invasion, Disco and Punk before it, Alternative, Grunge, and the Country craze of the 90s, the Metal Years have taken their rightful place in history. We are very proud that The Right To Rock is considered an important cornerstone of that legacy.
Previously released on CD only in a limited Japanese edition, this is the first time this recording has been made available worldwide on CD format. It is dedicated to the fans who have kept the music alive, those that never stopped fighting for the right to rock.
You've got it -- the Right To Rock, forever!" -- Ron Keel

Don't get me wrong, "The Right To Rock" is a pretty good album, but a "cornerstone" of the '80s metal "legacy?" Mmmm-hmm, yea, right. Every time people talk about the best metal albums of the 80s, it's mentioned right up there with "Number of the Beast," "Master of Puppets," "Reign In Blood," and "Screaming For Vengeance." Yup. Maybe on Bizarro World. Laughing

I understand his liner notes to the recently-released anthology for his former band, Steeler, are similarly masturbatory, but I haven't seen them for myself Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:52 am

This guy should write press releases for pro-wrestling.

Supposedly Ron Keel did audition for Sabbath...but he was passed over in favor of Dave Donato (a male fashion model)...that shows you how impressed Tony Iommi was with his talent.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:57 am

Both you guys forget that Keel was indeed on the counting edge of metal culture along with other great artist such as Killen, Streetchild, Pretty Boy Floyd, Thor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:01 am

Quote :
Don't get me wrong, "The Right To Rock" is a
pretty good album, but a "cornerstone" of the '80s metal "legacy?"
Mmmm-hmm, yea, right. Every time people talk about the best metal
albums of the 80s, it's mentioned right up there with "Number of the
Beast," "Master of Puppets," "Reign In Blood," and "Screaming For
Vengeance." Yup. Maybe on Bizarro World. Laughing

The Right To Rock is so good it doesn't even need to be mentioned. It is implied that everyone knows how important a record it is. Rolling Eyes

Don't get me wrong, I like Keel a lot, but The Right To Rock isn't even the best Keel record, much less one of the cornerstones of 80's metal.

Last edited by SpectreFate on Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:01 am

detuned wrote:

Ron Keel invented pro wrestling. You know, like Al Gore invented the internet. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:02 am

This could easily turn into a Chuck Norris Facts-style thread, just about Ron Keel. Laughing

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:03 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
detuned wrote:

You know, like Al Gore invented the internet. Laughing

Al Gore didnot invent the internet? affraid

Another illusion shattered, if you can't trust a politican, tell me than who can you trust?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:03 am

"Only Ron Keel has The Right To Rock"

...all others beware.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:09 am

manny wrote:
Both you guys forget that Keel was indeed on the counting edge of metal culture along with other great artist such as Killen, Streetchild, Pretty Boy Floyd, Thor

Which Pretty Boy Floyd, US or Canadian? Ehehehehe

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Which Pretty Boy Floyd, US or Canadian? Ehehehehe

The Canadian one of course have their rare first single hidden away in vault, only six copies where printed and I happen to possess a copy and its mine, all mine heeee heeee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:13 am

manny wrote:
Both you guys forget that Keel was indeed on the counting edge of metal culture along with other great artist such as Killen, Streetchild, Thor

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make fun of arcane true steel?????????? Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 Keel Reunion news - Page 3 47715 :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :starwars: :dnd: :dnd: :dnd: :dnd: :dnd: :dnd: :dnd:
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:18 am

Little know fact about Ron Keel, Led Zeppelin were going to reform even without Robert Plant but only under one condition: if Ron Keel would agree to be their vocalist, he of course talked himself out of it, especially considering the huge demand for the reunion tour of Keel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:20 am

Axl Rose released Chinese Democracy before he actually wanted to so the new of the Keel reunion wouldn't overshadow its release.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keel Reunion news   Keel Reunion news - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keel Reunion news
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next