Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace Frehley - Anomaly

Go down 
+22
JBall_Z
325ad
kmorg
James B.
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
YngwieDokkenfan
skullsmasher
nevermore
akeldama
MetalGuy71
manny
iamrockerfun
krokus
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
the sentinel
Schbopo
sam
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 11:16 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Enjoy. Laughing

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/0709ace.shtml

That had me rolling over the foor laughing. For real. Laughing very hard Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

And is it me, or is that cover extremely awful? It looks like a penguin from outer space with glasses on. That said, this'll be awesome. Ace is still the man.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:08 pm

ACK!!!! lol!

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:35 pm

I don't see what's so bad about the cover. It just looks like a weird radioactive Ace Frehley blob wearing glasses. It's certainly an anomaly.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:14 pm

I liked the riff in the song... and Ace was ridng an ugly bike.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:07 am

from Rolling Stone:

Kiss‘ original guitarist, Ace Frehley, has primarily focused on playing live shows since he left the band in 2002, though no new studio material has surfaced. But that’s soon about to change. September 15th will see the release of Ace’s first solo album in nearly 20 years, Anomaly, via his own label, Bronx Born Records. Produced almost entirely by Frehley, the album shows why many rock and metal guitarists list “Space Ace” as a prime six-string influence, as evidenced by the epic “Genghis Khan” and a kick ass cover of Sweet’s “Fox on the Run.” Frehley recently sat down with Rolling Stone to discuss the new album, his ex-bandmates and kicking booze once and for all.
The September 15th release of Anomaly will be your three-year anniversary of sobriety.
I’ve accepted the fact that I can never drink again as long as I live, and I’m ok with it. And it should be easy when you think about it - some people get allergic to shellfish. When they eat it, they break out or get sick. And you know what those people say to themselves? “I can’t eat shellfish anymore for the rest of my life.” And they’re ok with it. But for some reason, when it comes to alcohol, people get crazy. It’s getting past that.
How does Anomaly compare to your previous work?
Everybody keeps talking about my first solo album [1978’s Ace Frehley], and I keep thinking, “Right now, I feel exactly like I did after I finished mixing that record.” I kind of knew I had something hot, that everybody was going to like. Maybe history will repeat itself again — 31 years later.
I understand you had to re-think one of your concert trademarks.
The biggest problem with the smoking guitar thing now is the fire marshals. So right now, I’m working on a miniature fog machine that goes in the guitar [laughs].
Are you still in contact with Kiss?
Yeah, I spoke to Paul, Peter — I haven’t spoke to Gene in a couple of years. The last time Gene left a message on my answering machine, it was to do his television show. He was doing a roast. I wanted to do it, so I called Paul and Peter, and both of them told me that they weren’t going to do it. So after hearing that, I felt like, “Well, if the whole band isn’t going to be there to roast Gene, maybe it would be better if I didn’t do it either.” Because initially, Gene told me it was going to be Steven Tyler and Cher, and they backed out. You don’t jump on a sinking ship [laughs].
Would you ever consider another Kiss reunion?
I’m having so much fun with this new album. It’s not something I think about at all anymore. The reunion tour was supposed to be it — that’s what they told me when they asked me to do it. But then they go, “Now we want to do a farewell tour.” I said, “OK, I’ll do a farewell tour.” It ended in Australia, and then I get a phone call when I come back, “Now we want to do something else.” Then Gene is on my answering machine, “Ace, we’re going to go out. If you don’t want to do it, we’re going to use another guitar player.” What is that, a threat? I didn’t even answer the phone [laughs]. That was that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:19 am

The evil twin part of myself is hoping that Ace's new solo album blows the Kiss record away....

lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:32 am

I can't wait for something new from Ace. I've always loved his stuff, be it solo or with Kiss.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:16 pm

New song streaming on online:

http://www.idesignprod.com/AF/
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Anyone check out the new song? I like it!!!! Can;t wait to hear the rest!!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:21 pm

The song sounds awesome! I love the chorus 🤘
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:33 pm

Hmmm, not really sure what to say about that. If it wasn't Ace, I would probably have tured it off before the space-intro was done!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:23 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Anyone check out the new song? I like it!!!! Can;t wait to hear the rest!!!!

pretty rocking, a lot better then I was expecting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:15 am

new wave of Ace sound. NWOAS.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Just heard it for the first time now, I like it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:00 am

ACK!

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:46 am

I have the CD and vinyl on pre-order from Amazon. Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 667267

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 10:50 am

ultmetal wrote:
I have the CD and vinyl on pre-order from Amazon. Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 667267

thumbs up to ACE for slinging out some vinyl Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Headbang Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 667267 Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_cheers Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Foamfing Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 572798 Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 18533 Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 695652 Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 577534

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:48 am

I have the vinyl on preorder and the CD already (we Dutch recordstores don't care much about releasedates Laughing). It ROCKS! It's classic Ace, what more needs to be said? No keyboards, no vocal harmonies, no pop, just pure heavy rock!
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:15 pm

i've listen whole album from beginnig to end and it's fine. like it. probably not so much as 78 but time will show us how it's gonna be.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 10:47 am

There are TONS of albums coming out this Tuesday... I can't wait! Good thing I get paid on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 4:50 pm

2nd listening and i'm done. i've had enough and cd goin to fire. just forgettable as Criss' album One for All, maybe not so strong but didn't catch me. didn't find anything interesting on it. still love Ace' 78.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:30 pm

So should I get it or not? I loved 78' and the Ace album with "Rock Soldiers" on it. Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:36 am

325ad wrote:
So should I get it or not? I loved 78' and the Ace album with "Rock Soldiers" on it. Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_razz
YES of cors. you may like it.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:54 am

First Amazon review:

5.0 out of 5 stars
The Ace is back!, September 15, 2009

By
Alex Carranza (Las Vegas, NV. USA) - See all my reviews
This release leaves no doubt that while Paul and Gene may have been the
brains behind Kiss, Ace was certainly the heart of the band. Some of
the songs on this album sound a bit like his 1978 solo album (Foxy
& Free), some sound like contemporary rock (Too Many Faces) and
some are just plain fantastic (Sister). His cover of The Sweet's Fox On
The Run is a lot better than I could have expected; in fact it's quite
enjoyable, but the gem of the disc is definitely the fourth installment
of the Fractured series. At last! Well worth the wait. Hard to believe
it's been 20 years since the Ace's last solo album. BTW, don't expect
this to sound much like Kiss; it doesn't. But that's a good thing. Ahh,
it feels like 1978 all over again.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:57 am

"Sister" is on the album? I saw Ace play that song a couple of times when I saw a bunch of his solo gigs in the early 90s. (circa 92-95) Every time they played it Ace would say "this is going to be on the new CD." Nice to see he kept his word! Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace Frehley - Anomaly
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next