Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace Frehley - Anomaly

Go down 
+22
JBall_Z
325ad
kmorg
James B.
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
YngwieDokkenfan
skullsmasher
nevermore
akeldama
MetalGuy71
manny
iamrockerfun
krokus
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
the sentinel
Schbopo
sam
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
First week sales:

#27 on Billboard
#1 Hard Rock album on Amazon & iTunes

Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 877540

#27 ACE FREHLEY - ANOMALY
This week: 16,742 (debut)

pretty cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:06 am

Bought my copy tonite.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 11:01 am

I picked this up earlier this week and I'm really enjoying it. Sounds like classic Ace to me.

Quote :

While it's pretty darn unlikely, I'd love to see this one do better than the new KISS album. Just to burn Gene's a$$. Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Lmao

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 1:31 pm

From a recent interview:

Quote :
On the band's current lineup vs. the original lineup:

"(People say) family is the most important thing. Actually, no, it's not. Love, respect and discipline is the most important thing; and if your father is a drunk and abuses the family and makes it dysfunctional, kick (him) out. Blood is thicker than water? No it's not. Self-respect, discipline and honesty is the most important thing. If your mother or father or brother or sister is a drug addict (kind of) loser, toss him out. It's called tough love.

"Love yourself and respect yourself enough to have pride in what you do. Love and respect and have pride for the band you're in. When we get up on stage, that's holy ground. This is electric church, and no one on that stage — me or anyone else — wears the makeup and platform heels by some kind of birthright. This ain't Europe; just 'cause your dad was king doesn't make you the king. You've got to earn it. And when you defile KISS, you should be thrown out."

http://detnews.com/article/20090924/ENT04/909240317/1424/ENT04/Kiss-salutes-Detroit

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=127529

http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/09/24/gene-simmons-thinks-he-should-be-thrown-out-of-kiss/

Gene's pissed at the other dudes for something.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:22 pm

I think this album sounds good musically but the lyrics and vocals are cheesy like 80's Alice Cooper... overall i like it.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:00 pm

Picked up this album today, and it rocks pretty hard. The cover of "Fox on the Run" is AWESOME. As much as I love Sweet, I think I like Ace's version better.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 8:44 pm

I saw a FYE commercial where they were promoting this album and I gotta say I liked what I heard, I think i need to check this one out
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
WRETCHED
Metal novice
Metal novice
WRETCHED

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:55 am

Schbopo wrote:
Picked up this album today, and it rocks pretty hard. The cover of "Fox on the Run" is AWESOME. As much as I love Sweet, I think I like Ace's version better.

BLASPHEMOR!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:41 am

Picked it up yesterday. Listened to it a couple of times and think it's great! Sounds like vintage Ace. The guy writes some cool music.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:13 pm

He was featured in this month's guitar world.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:13 pm

All Music Guide looks to be getting their act together again -- they gave this one 4 1/2 stars.

sam wrote:

pretty cool

Where did you get the actual number from?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
All Music Guide looks to be getting their act together again -- they gave this one 4 1/2 stars.

sam wrote:

pretty cool

Where did you get the actual number from?

pulled it from here: http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/09/23/soundscan-megadeth-black-dahlia-shadows-fall-every-time-i-die-and-more/
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:34 pm

Oh, cool, I didn't think there was any site that posted rock/metal Soundscan numbers anymore. Does MetalSucks.com do that regularly?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:18 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Oh, cool, I didn't think there was any site that posted rock/metal Soundscan numbers anymore. Does MetalSucks.com do that regularly?

every two weeks or so.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:00 pm

Is anyone else annoyed with the pyramid packaging? Kudos to the marketing team or whomever to try something a little different, a little gimiciky, but I hate that I need to perform origami just to pull the damn cd out or put it back it it's flimsy holder. Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Angry

Is anyone actually setting up the little pyramid and putting it out on display? Is there a regular jewel-case version available?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:27 pm

I've heard this and like it better than the new Kiss album musically, but Ace's vocals are bad. If Gene or Paul were singing on these new Ace songs, this would be the best Kiss album in a LONG time.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:11 pm

I like Ace's vocals. They are quirky and raw rock and roll.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:45 pm

ultmetal wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 10:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Is anyone actually setting up the little pyramid and putting it out on display?

It was different and kinda cool, but yeah, I didn't like having to go through the MST3K doors just to get to the CD. Oh well, into my CD binder it goes.

I made the pyramid just for a laugh and proudly displayed it to my girl, who then said "Why did they do that? Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_scratch "
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:01 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Me too. I love his laidback style of singing.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 10:39 pm

Ace is Ace and was the heart of KISS

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:28 am

Quote :
Is anyone actually setting up the little pyramid and putting it out on display?

I set it up but it's too much of a hassle to put the cd back into the cardboard so i just keep it in a cdr slimcase.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:55 am

Finally ordered this one today.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:37 am

kmorg wrote:
Finally ordered this one today.

You will love it!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:54 am

Agreed. It's definitely way better than Gene's horrendous 2004 solo album... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace Frehley - Anomaly
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next