Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace Frehley is alive and well...

Go down 
+3
TrogDawn
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Ace Frehley is alive and well... Empty
PostSubject: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 1:19 pm

Apparently a DJ on Sirius Radio reported earlier today that Ace Frehley committed suicide yesterday, which prompted Ace to make this statement (from Blabbermouth). I hadn't heard the suicide rumors, but I'm glad to hear that Ace is still alive and kickin' nonetheless... and I hope the solo album he speaks of here is coming sometime soon! 🤘

ACE FREHLEY: 'Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated' - Feb. 23, 2007

Contrary to published reports, former KISS guitarist Ace Frehley is alive and well and working on his highly anticipated solo album.
It has been erroneously reported on various web sites and wire services that the legendary guitarist had committed suicide.
Not so!
"I don't know how this ridiculous rumor got started," smiles Ace, as he eats his daily allotment of wheat germ, preparing to jump back on his treadmill.
In a January 2006 interview with Guitar World magazine, Frehley had the following to say regarding his current projects: "I've been working on a solo album and a few film projects. I'd love to do an instructional video, but I want it to be comedic. [Laughs] I don't want it to be just another boring how-to-play video. I may not be the world's greatest guitarist, but at least I'm never boring."
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 1:21 pm

I anxiously await a new Ace solo disc. If he tours and plays anywhere near me, I'll be there.

Might be a silly teenage fantasy I've never let go of, but I've always dreamed of meeting Ace. I still hope that day comes.

ult

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 1:24 pm

Glad to hear that's not true! surprised

I saw pics of Ace a couple years ago and he looked REALLY healthy! The best I'd seen him look in a LONG time! I look forward to his new music! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 2:06 pm

Looking forward to some new Ace.I'm glad the rumours werent true.I would love to meet him one day!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 2:17 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I anxiously await a new Ace solo disc. If he tours and plays anywhere near me, I'll be there.

Might be a silly teenage fantasy I've never let go of, but I've always dreamed of meeting Ace. I still hope that day comes.

ult

Geez, well, then I almost hate to tell you this story, Ult, but the one time I met Ace he was a total putz. It was 1994 or 95, he was appearing at a rock n roll/sci-fi collectibles convention here in New Jersey. (the other special guest at the show was Adam "Batman" West, who was a VERY cool guy, by the way). The line to get Ace's autograph was huge, as you might expect, and when he finally entered the room he was flanked by a big Tony Soprano lookin' dude who I guess was his manager, who bellowed something like "Ey yo, here he is, the man you've been waitin' for!" ... Ace, meanwhile, stumbled in like he'd just rolled outta bed and didn't even know where he was.
They had a "Batmobile" from the TV show parked next to the autograph tables so Ace went and sat in the driver's seat of it, playing with the buttons and stuff, and the manager guy yelled -- I swear I am not making this up -- "Yo, check it out everybody, a superstar in a super car!" while somebody took a couple of pictures. (My brother and I overheard a girl behind us on line comment "he doesnt' look like he should be behind the wheel of ANYTHING right now!") -- anyway, to make a long story short (even though this is pretty long already, haha), when my brother and I finally got to the front of the line to meet Ace, he just signed whatever we put in front of him, didn't say hi, didn't shake hands, didn't even LOOK UP at us for cryin' out loud. We were like "Gee, thanks for nothing."
Adam West was at the next table and as I said, he was a heck of a nice guy, my brother even asked him "So did you meet Ace Frehley over there? What do you think of him?" and Adam replied -- again, I swear I am not making this up -- "I don't know. Is he okay? I mean, is he all right in the head?" in that serious tone of voice. My brother laughed and said "Well, y'know, they DO call him the Space Ace," and Adam West was like "is THAT what they call him?" and just kinda shook his head.
Oh, and another guy on line brought his guitar for Ace to sign and got into a big hassle with the Tony Soprano guy about how "Ace isn't signing any guitars today, get outta here," so the dude got all pissed off, went straight to Adam West's table and had HIM sign it. Then he held the guitar up and yelled "Hey, Ace, who needs YOU? I got BATMAN on here!"

Despite the above story, I am still an Ace fan, by the way... I've seen a bunch of his solo gigs and he always put on a good show...but I almost wish I hadn't gone to that convention so I could still think of him without going "what a jerk."
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 2:55 pm

Could've just been having an off day. I've heard stories from others that Ace is very approachable. Either way, even if he didn't look up and only signed my stuff, I'd still be stoked.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 3:07 pm

Yea, I suppose he could've been having a bad day (he looked REALLY hung over)... and besides, I've also met Peter Criss and he was a totally cool guy, whereas I've heard from other people that he can be a jerk too.

I just thought that guy having Adam West sign his guitar was a GREAT 'screw you Ace' move!
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 3:23 pm

can't wait for the new album!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 3:27 pm

KissinMaiden wrote:
can't wait for the new album!!

I dunno if I would hold my breath while I wait... I remember seeing quite a few Ace solo gigs in the early 90s and even back THEN he was promising "we're working on a new CD, it'll be out soon!" and of course nothing ever materialized. He even played a new song (I believe it was called "Sister" or "Don't Mess With My Sister") at a couple of those shows. Obviously the KISS reunion may have derailed whatever solo endeavors he had going at that time, but still, sometimes I wonder if we'll see CHINESE DEMOCRACY before we see a new solo album from Ace? scratch
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 2:30 pm

Thought y'all might like to see a scan of my autographed Ace pic that I got on the fateful day I described above. Smile

Ace Frehley is alive and well... AceSig
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 4:32 pm

That's cool. He even signed it to you. Very nice.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 11:54 am

Im turning into quite the Ace fan, I love Anomaly Its an awesome album been checking out tunes from the 1978 solo album and the more I hear from that the more I want it. Ive not heard a bad Ace tune yet.....

Long live the SPACE ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:01 pm

Whaddaya think of the Frehley's Comet stuff and Trouble Walkin', Addy?

Now I gotta spin some Ace b/c of you!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:09 pm

Havent heard any of it, Its on my want list Any songs youd recommend I check out? So far Ive loved everything Ive heard
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:10 pm

Heheh Crank It Long and Crank it Loud!!!!
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:22 pm

From Frehley's Comet:

Rock Soldiers
Breakout
Into The Night
We Got Your Rock
Fractured, Too

From Second Sighting:

Insane
Time Ain't Running Out (to hear a slower tune).
It's Over Now (a really slow song).
Juvenile Delinquent
Separate

From Trouble Walkin':

Shot Full Of Rock
Do Ya
Hide Your Heart (it's better than KISS' version IMO).
Lost In Limbo
Fractured III

I coulda put more but I think this'll hold you over 'til you get 'em.

Last edited by akeldama on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:24 pm

I checked out Rock Soliders I like that tune.... gonna check out some more hehe I really wish I could catch him Live
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:27 pm

I got a free CD comiing to me from a local music store but they never have any Ace half tempted to go there today and see if they got any Ace cuz Im jonsin
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:32 pm

I made a playlist of all the Frehley stuff a while back and I put the entire Kiss-Ace Frehley & Frehley's Comet-S/T albums on there, they are that good.

Last edited by akeldama on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:37 pm

I believe it, Ive heard maybe 4 or 5 from the 78 solo album and I liked them all, When I got Anomaly I was feeling bored and burnt out on music and I gotta say that album really relit the spark for me. I like i can still get excited bout music.

Still checkin out the other songs ya listed his official site has a snippet of Rock Soliders, the rest is from Anomaly I think hehe
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:38 pm

Check you tube bro, they should be on there to check out.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:39 pm

thats where I am right now heheh
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:47 pm

I've always wondered if Ace intentionally put a "The Devil Went Down To Georgia" vibe on "Rock Soldiers".
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 12:48 pm

Dunno.... you can ask him on his official site you can ask him questions and he does answer them heh

Ive checked bout half the songs you listed and I still havent found one I dont like hehe
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 9:49 pm

So what did you think Addy? Heheh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley is alive and well...   Ace Frehley is alive and well... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace Frehley is alive and well...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next