Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ace Frehley - Anomaly

Go down 
+22
JBall_Z
325ad
kmorg
James B.
Dave the Boss
thejokeriv
YngwieDokkenfan
skullsmasher
nevermore
akeldama
MetalGuy71
manny
iamrockerfun
krokus
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Metal Misfit
the sentinel
Schbopo
sam
ultmetal
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:15 pm

some Ace news from classic rock:

Now there’s a headline that you don’t read every day, eh?
Former Kiss guitarist Ace frehley is to become the first artist to perform, record and broadcast a live performance from outer space and better yet, VH1 are going to document the whole thing.
The ‘Ace to Space’ project has been in research and development for ten months already and will begin stepping up its efforts to get Ace to widdle in the stars in the near future. Keep checking Classic Rock for further developments.
In assosciated Kiss news, the band themselves plan on recording an album in 2009 with Paul Stanley producing and Ace Frehley will release his new solo record ‘Anomaly’ in the Spring
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:23 pm

manny wrote:
some Ace news from classic rock:

Now there’s a headline that you don’t read every day, eh?
Former Kiss guitarist Ace frehley is to become the first artist to perform, record and broadcast a live performance from outer space and better yet, VH1 are going to document the whole thing.
The ‘Ace to Space’ project has been in research and development for ten months already and will begin stepping up its efforts to get Ace to widdle in the stars in the near future. Keep checking Classic Rock for further developments.
In assosciated Kiss news, the band themselves plan on recording an album in 2009 with Paul Stanley producing and Ace Frehley will release his new solo record ‘Anomaly’ in the Spring

What does that mean exactly? Is he actually gonna take a rocket ride (pun intended) into outer space? I can't imagine NASA wasting time with this, so it's gotta be one of thse eccentric billionaires footing the bill, right? Richard Branson perhaps?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:27 pm

I have no idea what it means, but since VH1 is involved I am sure Eddie Trunk will be hosting and interpurting every five minutes to remind viewers that him and Ace are close friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Sounds like an intersetingly bad idea. But I'd watch it as long as he doesn't play "New York Groove". sick
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:55 pm

manny wrote:
I have no idea what it means, but since VH1 is involved I am sure Eddie Trunk will be hosting and interpurting every five minutes to remind viewers that him and Ace are close friends.

LMAO!!!!! "Hi. the is Eddie trunk, best friesnd of Ace. In fact, I gave Ace my first BJ, that when he was on the second sighting tour"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Quote :
LMAO!!!!! "Hi. the is Eddie trunk, best friesnd of Ace. In fact, I gave Ace my first BJ, that when he was on the second sighting tour"

That would make a Eddie a C0CK Soldier. How do I know? Ace is back and he told me so.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:15 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

That would make a Eddie a C0CK Soldier. How do I know? Ace is back and he told me so.

LMAO!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:18 pm

I liked all of Ace's solo albums expect 'Second Sighting" like I said earlier it has it moments but to me it was disappointing, anyone else share this opinion?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:24 pm

manny wrote:
I liked all of Ace's solo albums expect 'Second Sighting" like I said earlier it has it moments but to me it was disappointing, anyone else share this opinion?

I second that. Tod Howarth (Ace's AOR weenie keyboard player) had waaaayyy too much input into that record. Ace was turned into a side man in his OWN band!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

I second that. Tod Howarth (Ace's AOR weenie keyboard player) had waaaayyy too much input into that record. Ace was turned into a side man in his OWN band!

Great news! Now one of you two can trade me your Second Sighting disc. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:07 pm

So, what are the chances that KISS tries to sue Ace over that cover art? Although it doesn't copy his makeup exactly, you can definitely tell what he's trying to reference.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 7:34 pm

I am sure Gene Simmon's lawyers are on the phone right now.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:43 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

I hope Manny can help ya, cuz I never had that P.O.S. album on disc... I bought the cassette (out of a bargain bin for $1.99 if memory serves),hated it, and eventually chucked it. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:53 pm

Ace in Space? scratch

Second Sighting. Tod Howarth. Mad

C@ck Soldier. sick

All in all. 🇬🇹
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:19 pm

manny wrote:
I am sure Gene Simmon's lawyers are on the phone right now.

there drawing up papers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:47 am

Get all of your essential details on the brand new album from Ace Frehley.
Original Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley’s new solo album, ‘Anomaly’, will feature the following track listing:
01. Outer Space
02. Foxy & Free
03. Sister
04. Too Many Faces
05. It’s A Great Life
06. Skels
07. A Little Below The Angels
08. Fox On The Run (SWEET cover)
09. Change The World
10. Pain In the Neck
11. Genghis Khan
12. Fractured Quantum
The album was mixed by Marti Frederiksen, who has previously worked with Aerosmith and Def Leppard, among many others.
In an early 2008 interview with Billboard, Frehley stated about the album, “Basically, I’m trying to get back into the mindset I was in when I did my first solo record [1978's 'Ace Frehley']. That record seemed to have all the elements everybody liked — a real cool instrumental, a hit single, some real heavy rockers, a nice variety of different genres of music.”
Among his favorite new tracks are ‘A Little Below the Angels’, hard-rocking ‘Pain In The Neck’ and an instrumental called ‘Fractured Quantum’, which is reportedly a follow-up to his previous instrumentals ‘Fractured Mirror’ and ‘Fractured Too’. Another favorite is ‘Genghis Khan’, which he likens in tone to Led Zeppelin’s ‘Kashmir’.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 11:48 am

manny wrote:
Get all of your essential details on the brand new album from Ace Frehley.

...except the frickin' release date. Sad

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:53 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

Great news! Now one of you two can trade me your Second Sighting disc. :P

I love that record. Howarth was the exact opposite of Ace, nd I think it went well together. Howarth can actually sing.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:08 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
manny wrote:

I love that record. Howarth was the exact opposite of Ace, nd I think it went well together. Howarth can actually sing.

I agree Howarth can sing but I just felt the tunes were too generic, I may have to give this CD another spin see if my opinion has changed.
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:17 am

They are building some sort of space port here in the New Mexico desert. I really haven't followed the story too closely but it is privately owned and that if people have the cash and are willing they can be shot up into orbit for a little while then come back down and land in a manner similar to the space shuttle. For a measly $250,000 you too can fly into space. I don't know when the project will be up and running and open to private space flights but I have heard that there are many celebrities that have already laid down their money to be some of the first to do this. Maybe this is what Ace is planning, I wonder if he will have to pay extra to take his guitar and amp with him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:21 am

Fat Freddy is that much closer to his album of the year. Smile

Quote :
According to the Rocket Science music label services organization, which lists original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley as one of its clients, Frehley's new solo album, "Anomaly", will be released on September 15. The CD was produced and recorded in Westchester County, New York between 2007 and 2009 and was mixed in Los Angeles by Marti Frederiksen, who has previously worked with AEROSMITH and DEF LEPPARD, among many others.

"Anomaly" official track listing:

01. Foxy & Free
02. Outer Space
03. Pain In The Neck
04. Fox On The Run
05. Genghis Khan
06. Too Many Faces
07. Change The World
08. Space Bear
09. A Little Below The Angels
10. Sister
11. It's A Great Life
12. Fractured Quantum
13. The Return of Space Bear (Dedicated to Tom Snyder) (iTunes exclusive)

Video footage of Ace Frehley laying down a solo on one of his new tracks, "Pain In The Neck", in the recording studio can be viewed below. Ace says, "I've been tweaking the solo and this is pretty close to what you'll hear on the [upcoming Frehley solo] album."

In an early 2008 interview with Billboard, Frehley stated about the CD, "Basically, I'm trying to get back into the mindset I was in when I did my first solo record [1978's 'Ace Frehley']. That record seemed to have all the elements everybody liked — a real cool instrumental, a hit single, some real heavy rockers, a nice variety of different genres of music."

Among his favorite new tracks are "A Little Below The Angels", hard-rocking "Pain In The Neck" and an instrumental called "Fractured Quantum", which is a follow-up to his previous instrumentals "Fractured Mirror" and "Fractured Too". Another favorite is "groove song" titled "Genghis Khan", which he likens in tone to LED ZEPPELIN's "Kashmir".

Frehley last year spent time on the road fronting a band that featured second guitarist Derrek Hawkins, drummer Scot Coogan (ex-BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION) and bassist Anthony Esposito (ex-LYNCH MOB).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:46 am

I'll believe it when I see the actual CD in my hands. Not before.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:31 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy is that much closer to his album of the year. Smile

Quote :
According to the Rocket Science music label services organization, which lists original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley as one of its clients, Frehley's new solo album, "Anomaly", will be released on September 15. The CD was produced and recorded in Westchester County, New York between 2007 and 2009 and was mixed in Los Angeles by Marti Frederiksen, who has previously worked with AEROSMITH and DEF LEPPARD, among many others.

"Anomaly" official track listing:

01. Foxy & Free
02. Outer Space
03. Pain In The Neck
04. Fox On The Run
05. Genghis Khan
06. Too Many Faces
07. Change The World
08. Space Bear
09. A Little Below The Angels
10. Sister
11. It's A Great Life
12. Fractured Quantum
13. The Return of Space Bear (Dedicated to Tom Snyder) (iTunes exclusive)

Video footage of Ace Frehley laying down a solo on one of his new tracks, "Pain In The Neck", in the recording studio can be viewed below. Ace says, "I've been tweaking the solo and this is pretty close to what you'll hear on the [upcoming Frehley solo] album."

In an early 2008 interview with Billboard, Frehley stated about the CD, "Basically, I'm trying to get back into the mindset I was in when I did my first solo record [1978's 'Ace Frehley']. That record seemed to have all the elements everybody liked — a real cool instrumental, a hit single, some real heavy rockers, a nice variety of different genres of music."

Among his favorite new tracks are "A Little Below The Angels", hard-rocking "Pain In The Neck" and an instrumental called "Fractured Quantum", which is a follow-up to his previous instrumentals "Fractured Mirror" and "Fractured Too". Another favorite is "groove song" titled "Genghis Khan", which he likens in tone to LED ZEPPELIN's "Kashmir".

Frehley last year spent time on the road fronting a band that featured second guitarist Derrek Hawkins, drummer Scot Coogan (ex-BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION) and bassist Anthony Esposito (ex-LYNCH MOB).

Man , I hate that iTunes exclusive crap !
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:28 pm

Enjoy. Laughing

http://www.sleazeroxx.com/news09/0709ace.shtml
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Man , I hate that iTunes exclusive crap ![/quote]

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Frehley - Anomaly   Ace Frehley - Anomaly - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ace Frehley - Anomaly
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next