Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

That Metal Show?

Go down 
+34
Getizzyback
mr.electric39
7thSaviour
MetalFRO
rattpoison
EvyMetal
Svengo
brontotex
DeathCult
Schbopo
Red Kitty
Addy
7thSecond
chucksteak
Ben Grimm
journeyman
kethdredd
stepcousin
XYZ
jstate
Todd Jaymz
MetalGuy71
Metal Misfit
metalinmyveins
zombiewalkin
thejokeriv
the sentinel
sam
mc666
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
manny
Troublezone
Wargod
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

That Metal Show? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 12:29 pm

I tuned into "That Metal Show" last night for the first time in awhile due to Lips and Robb Reiner from Anvil making an appearance... ol' Eddie got his butt kicked on the "Stump The Trunk" segment of trivia questions from the studio audience (how did he NOT know that Anvil were once known simply as "Lips?" They were sitting RIGHT THERE for cryin' out loud!!)

Oh, and I was slightly annoyed by the "Where Are They Now?" segment which was about Savatage. Eddie sez Savatage has basically morphed into the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which is true to an extent I guess, but he made no mention of Jon Oliva's Pain, Circle II Circle, or Chris Caffery's solo albums. Some "expert."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Red Kitty
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 2:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I tuned into "That Metal Show" last night for the first time in awhile due to Lips and Robb Reiner from Anvil making an appearance... ol' Eddie got his butt kicked on the "Stump The Trunk" segment of trivia questions from the studio audience (how did he NOT know that Anvil were once known simply as "Lips?" They were sitting RIGHT THERE for cryin' out loud!!)

Oh, and I was slightly annoyed by the "Where Are They Now?" segment which was about Savatage. Eddie sez Savatage has basically morphed into the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which is true to an extent I guess, but he made no mention of Jon Oliva's Pain, Circle II Circle, or Chris Caffery's solo albums. Some "expert."

Yeah, I saw 'That Metal Show' last night as well and also was kinda shocked that he didn't even mention Jon Oliva's Pain Circle II Circle or Chris Caffery. Although he does have a lot of metal knowledge, how could he not even mention the other bands? Not so much of an expert IMHO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:15 pm

The way some of you bag on Eddie is insane. How many other people have shows about the metal we grew up with?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:37 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
The way some of you T-bag Eddie is insane.

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:46 pm

sam wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
The way some of you T-bag Eddie is insane.

:lol!:

:banned:
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:14 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
The way some of you bag on Eddie is insane.

I've been bagging on Eddie Trunk since he was a local nobody working in New Jersey radio. Why should I stop now?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:08 pm

Manny wrote:

This is from Eddie Trunk's website, listing his favorites:

That Metal Show? - Page 5 StartingOver_tn
Raspberries: Starting Over
This Eddie Trunk is alright by me.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:05 pm

I've caught a few episodes of the new season and it's ok. Could be better, but it's fine for what it is. I've set the Tivo to record it for the new season, so why not.

What I have been enjoying is Eddie Trunk's sattelite radio show on Monday nights. He seems a little more relaxed (without those other 2 jokers poking at him), has more time with guests and plays some great tunes.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Show is definitely better this season. They've got really choppy editing though. The show doesn't flow smoothly and I can't stand the guy that sits in the middle.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 11:13 pm

I honestly believe the show would be better if it were an hour instead of half hour. It would give ET more time with guests and he should the interviewing, not Jamison and Florentine. Those 2 seem to think they are on Stern's radio show or something. Other than that, I am enjoying the show and sort of look forward to it. Peace.
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 4:11 pm

I didn't realize this thread was on here, or I'd have chimed in 2 pages ago Razz

I think the show is okay. It's definitely improved since the first 2 or 3 episodes, but the biggest issue is that IT'S WAY TOO SHORT! The other 2 guys spend WAY too much time ragging on Eddie during the Stump the Trunk segment (which I agree, is quite lame and filed mostly with beginner-level metal trivia questions), and there's not enough time for the guests. It's like they bring the guests on & they're mostly just there to look nice & laugh at Don's jokes. Gary & Nuno barely got a chance to say anything about the new album or current touring before they moved to the next segment. The Throwdown is too short, and doesn't give the "panelists" time enough to state their case completely. If the interviews were longer, there were more fun segments, and it wasn't all "pick on Eddie" (despite the guy being kind of a doofus), it would be a much better show. So, keep the fun factor up, pick on Eddie slightly less, double the length of the show, and give us at least a hint of underground metal, and I'll like it more. As it stands, I'll keep DVR'ing the thing to get the little bit out of each episode I usually enjoy, but on the whole it's not what I hoped it would be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 3:18 am

I still think we'd experience marked improvement if they spoke about actual Heavy Metal recordings. Oy! Vat a concept! Ze rekordz zemzelves.

Why can't they spend like equal time dissecting recordings of yesteryear and brand new releases? That schitt would be interesting. I think they need a clown like me who knows what's up. I could really kick things into gear.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:51 am

According to Eddie Trunk on his radio program, Saturday night's show (the one with Dio & Geezer) is the last new show of this season. It'll be all repeats from here on out. They're hoping to have a 3rd season, but nothing is confirmed yet.

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:53 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
According to Eddie Trunk on his radio program, Saturday night's show (the one with Dio & Geezer) is the last new show of this season. It'll be all repeats from here on out. They're hoping to have a 3rd season, but nothing is confirmed yet.

BUT WHERE WILL I GET MY 3 MONTH OLD METAL NEWS FROM NOW???!!!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:01 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

BUT WHERE WILL I GET MY 3 MONTH OLD METAL NEWS FROM NOW???!!!

Try any variety of the few print magazines that are still in circulation. Metal Edge is running a hot news item about Dio reuniting with Sabbath. crazy happy

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:38 am

I loved the episode with RJ Dio and Geezer in the house! Rob Affuso in the audience was amazing, as well! 5/5
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:26 pm

I LOVE this show! I especially liked the episodes featuring Heaven & Hell, Queensryche, Rush, and Anvil! headbanger
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:30 pm

I also wish they would spend more time actually talking about albums and not just a few token (semi investigative) questions to a guest. But, this goes along with having more time overall.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:10 am

Maybe they'll eventually expand to a one-hour format. I hope this happens sometime in the near future.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Like it or hate it, That Metal Show returns for a 3rd season.

Quote :
The season kicks off on VH1 Classic on Saturday, October 3 first with the critically acclaimed documentary "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" at 9:00 p.m. and then the Canadian heavy metal band gives an exclusive interview and performance for the one-hour season premiere with "That Metal Show: Anvil Special" at 11:00 p.m.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:21 pm

I assume Eddie "Ace Frehley is a personal friend of mine" Trunk is still the host and he's still got those other two doofuses in tow? Sigh...

I'm more interested in the fact that VH1 Classic is going to air the "Anvil" movie so I can record it till I have enough scratch to buy the DVD. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 7:25 pm

I think the show is an hour long now!

Wargod50
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:13 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
I think the show is an hour long now!

Wargod50

It needs to be, it's gotten really good. It's too fluffy in the half hour format, they can't really get into any meaningful discussions.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:45 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I assume Eddie "Ace Frehley is a personal friend of mine" Trunk is still the host and he's still got those other two doofuses in tow? Sigh...

I'm more interested in the fact that VH1 Classic is going to air the "Anvil" movie so I can record it till I have enough scratch to buy the DVD. That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_lol

Yep, Eddie "Being a personal friend of Ace Frehley got me a cable show on a low rated cable network" Truck and the two dorks will be back.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 3:02 pm

Some scoop on the forthcoming season of "TMS" -- looks like only the season premiere (Anvil) will be one hour, the rest of the shows will still be 30 minutes.

Quote :
All this fall, watch Don, Jim and Eddie as they talk about the latest news in classic hard rock and metal, as well as hit the road to connect with fans and pull some hysterical man-on-the-street pranks. "That Metal Show" is also proudly bringing back your favorite studio segments, like "Whatever Happened To", the host's "Pick Of The Week" and, of course, their weekly battle to settle all metal battles and end all debates, once and for all, in "The Throwdown". This season also introduces interview and man-on-the-street segments sponsored by Miller High Life beer called "Living the High Life" where viewers will get a first-hand look at the guys pulling hysterical pranks on the road and connecting with fans. Whether it's Eddie kissing Ace Frehley's VH1 Rock Honors ring or Jim or Don getting into the action on stage, viewers can expect the unexpected.

Fans can catch all of season one and season two online at VH1Classic.com. New episodes will launch online every Monday morning following the show's on-air premiere. Additionally, fans can also ask a "Whatever Happened To" question to the guys via the VH1 Blog. Select questions may end up on air.

Upcoming "That Metal Show" tapings:

September 28:

ANVIL - Hard Rock Café Taping - 7:00 p.m. ET (airs October 3 at 11:30 p.m. ET)

September 30:

Show 1: Chris Jericho (FOZZY, WWE) - 3:00 p.m. ET
Show 2: Rob Halford (JUDAS PRIEST) - 4:30 p.m. ET

October 7:

Show 1: Blackie Lawless (W.A.S.P.) - 4:30 p.m. ET

October 14:

Show 1: Steve VaiThat Metal Show? - Page 5 2 - 3:00 p.m. ET
Show 2: Tommy Lee (MÖTLEY CRÜE) - 4:30 p.m. ET

October 20:

Show 1: RATT (Stephen Pearcy and Warren DeMartini) - 3PM ET
Show 2: Sebastian Bach - 4:30 p.m. ET

Interesting list of guests. i'll tune in for the Halford, Blackie Lawless,and Anvil episodes. But I still hate Eddie Trunk. Laughing

Am I the only one who wishes they'd get rid of the stupid "Man on the street" and "Throwdown" crap and maybe, I dunno, feature a live performance (!! what a concept!!) by the guest artist of the day? I'd rather watch that than sit through the dumb segments where Eddie and The Two Dorks try to be funny.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That Metal Show?   That Metal Show? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That Metal Show?
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next